Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-10, 12:23 AM   #85
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Gotta agree. Looks like another Killzone/Resistance/CoD to me. Sure you got the suit powers but that's old news after 2 games, unless they added a few new cool things to it.

This and Test Drive Unlimited 2 are both games I was highly looking forward to but after seeing(playing) what they are, I got totally not interested.

DNF and Rage are my only hope Obi Wan.
Your comment is stupid. Sure there are other games using new york, but not in the same authenticity and realism that Crysis 2 are.. Also, TDU2 sucked because they had like 6 cards, crappy handling, no feeling, empty streets, bad sound, moderate graphics with some hardcoded AI for the traffic, u could feel it was alpha ffs. U can't compare that sh*T to crysis 2, which u haven't played compared to TDU2 which u have played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
because I believe all of your enemies are aliens.
ä_______________________________|
ä_________l_____________________ |
ä______________________________ V

Old 12-19-10, 12:37 AM   #86
JasonPC

Maybe not all but the vast majority seems to be even though they are anthropized. The point is the aliens are a bigger emphasis than the first game.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 01:20 AM   #87
m3dude

the game definitely looks like a big step down from crysis 1 visually.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 02:54 AM   #88
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Maybe not all but the vast majority seems to be even though they are anthropized. The point is the aliens are a bigger emphasis than the first game.
You dont know nothing about the story yet so why dont you already shut up about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
the game definitely looks like a big step down from crysis 1 visually.
That's because it's console fottage you idiot. PC version will look superior.
Old 12-19-10, 03:15 AM   #89
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
You dont know nothing about the story yet so why dont you already shut up about it?

That's because it's console fottage you idiot. PC version will look superior.
you sure get defensive over your beloved crysis. Didn't know someone could be a fanboy of a game.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 03:49 AM   #90
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
you sure get defensive over your beloved crysis. Didn't know someone could be a fanboy of a game.
Yeah because stupid comments pisses me off thats it. When ppl speak when they dont know.

The trailer is easy most console fottage.

Here's some pics:

Looks worse than crysis 1? Youre really dumb m3kid.
Old 12-19-10, 04:59 AM   #91
TheANIMAL

I think its a beautiful lighting solution they've got illustrated here. How many games use all the primary colours in their screen shots? Fair enough there is an element of colour grading going on but i'll explain what i mean.

Crysis 1 grass and vegetation for instance is bright illuminant green in quite a lot of places (although for the most part nobody noticed or cared). Indirect colour bleeding has resulted in nothing looking out of place colour wise, something other games achieve by having everything the same colour in the game more or less which is kind of cheating. This has given Crytek the confidence to make a game with a more vivid colour spectrum which although Crysis 1 achieved this very well i think you can see in places where the lack of indirect colour bleeding holds it back.

I am being picky here.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 05:57 AM   #92
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Still no reason to talk to people like that. That's what pisses most of us off about you.

And I highly doubt that those shots are straight from the game. They look too clean.
Err.. What his comment sounded idiotical to me, thats why i said idiot to him. And this is nothing new, m3dude always has to bash on crytek titels and always whine when i post screenshots. Also hes often wrong in everything he says. U shouldn't feel pissed over the way i speak to him. Am not sure if M3 is trying to troll, trying to piss me off or is just randomly retarded when he goes on like he do.

Ofc the pics are straight from the game.. Resized from 1920x1080. You can even see the HUD in the first pic:

Even if they are taken at higher res than that you can easily get the same quality with supersampling and i shouldn't have to keep reminding this to you guys over and over again. M3 already tried this on me and i totally crushed him in that matter already. And meanwhile Crysis 2 is being less demanding than regular crysis I will be able to run atleast 3x3 SSAA with my GTX 295 as i can run 2x2 SSAA fine in Crysis 1 now.

And honestly, u can get graphics performance for 360 dollar that beats the crap out of GTX 580.. So supersampling wont be a problem... The problem is that most ppl dont know about this feature or even if they know of it wont think of/consider of using it.

Old 12-19-10, 06:39 AM   #93
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I'd say the HUD is just there to make it look like an ingame shot. I think it's an editor shot with a HUD layer applied to it afterwards. For example, the radar doesn't show the spaceship.

But I agree that supersampling (up to 1080p) won't be a major issue because the hardware is ready for Crysis 2.

And I hope you're not referring to the 6970 with that $360 comment. Or are you only talking about Crysis?
Omg you still think the screens are BS? The reason the spaceship is not on the radar i think is because you have to TAG it first with the binoculars, maybe this guy didnt tag it. Why would crytek photoshop up the HUD afterwards when they can take this pic ingame? They have probably fixed the issue C1 had that u couldn't use the e_Screenshot 1 command ingame, but had to do it via the Editor. I bet these pics are either taken ingame using e_screenshot command then downsampled OR taken with their new in-house Anti-aliasing mode along in 1920x1080. But am not sure... Am still seeing some aliasing on the original res (1920x1080) pics so my guess would be that it's the later option .

No am not referring to the 6970, am taking bout the 6850, and two of those will kick both 570 and 580's a$$ and cost less at the same time, 180$ per card @ newegg.
Another funny thing, dual 6950's in CF: if u OC em they will perform close to 580 SLI and even surpass it in apps like Vantage and BC2 and Metro. They cost $299 each, a pair is then just $60 more than a SINGLE 580, and when some tools gets released u can bump em up to SLI 580 performance That's almost dual the power of the 580 for only 60 dollar more! This is much thanks to the enhanced dx11 performance and brilliant Crossfire optimization that the radeon 6 series holds.

And Slawter, youre a good guy. I have nothing against you, M3 on the other hand manages to piss me off and make me throw a unnecessary word or two But i can say this much though and this also goes out to M3 who said the graphics was worse than C1:

The trailer is recorded supposedly on PC with a controller using 360 settings i.e around "medium". Crytek is waiting with blowing off PC fottage along with Very High settings just yet I heard after christmas they will ^^ Can't WAIT!
Old 12-19-10, 07:25 AM   #94
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Heh, wow you were quick there, didn't even had time to edit away my "littel troll" comment, sorry - But plz read my final post above for additional info.

To answer your question about the trailer settings and platform.. Trust me on this one. Lets just say i have a few connections.
Old 12-19-10, 07:38 AM   #95
Viral
Registered User of Women

Barts will be 50% faster than GTX480 and Cayman will be 1 million times faster. Crysis2 will look tree tousand times better than crysis 1 which looked 90 hundred times better than gears of war lol consoles suck.

Morale of the above story, soet, you seem to have unrealistic expectations all the time. I would've though you'd realised that by now with the Barts and Cayman launch.

On a side note, with the problems I've noticed you having with SLI I really would advise you against comparing SLI/CF results apples to apples against single GPU cards. Time to take off the blinders and realise multi GPU setups aren't always all they're cracked up to be.

To be honest I have no problem believing that those shots are in game - they just use supersampling and are downscaled from 1080p. The thing is they're cherry picked beautiful examples of the game. Just like in Crysis. Once you get the game yourself it's not going to look that good all the time, and there will be flaws. I'm not sure if the trailer was from a console version of the game... I don't know why they would do that to be honest. They definitely seemed to be using a gamepad though which I always find disappointing.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-10, 07:39 AM   #96
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Soet screens from Crysis looks better