Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-20-10, 03:03 AM   #109
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Are we supposed to know those shots are on medium? No, so you can forgive us for not trying to read the minds of Crytek developers.
Am not sure about the pics, but the trailer was captured on Med settings. But if i would guess, the pics are probably taken att the same settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Ah I remember that I think you guessed a lot back then. You interpreted a lot out of those early rumored benchmarks.
I've given the 4870X2 and the 5970 a chance and I wasn't happy with those cards at all. I'm sure the 6990 will be fast. I just don't want one. I've had enough of those crappy AMD drivers.
Yeah i have a bad habit of being optimistic. Unfair of the asians to put up false stuff, *bastards*

Common, the drivers is fine for AMD cards now. Just ask around. Keep in mind that the 6990 is getting 4GB of GDDR5 ram... Compared to GTX 570 that got 1280MB LOL. Also Crossfire scaling surpasses SLI scaling, so dont forget that. Why chose a worse card mate? You know AMD is strong now, and their drivers are much better by todays standards.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Looks pre rendered to me.
Cool, but they aint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
WTF is your problem dude. Why don't you go hump a prerendered digital tree!
Yes there are some human enemies but the focus is on aliens! It's so blatantly obvious. You act like I'm dissing the game by saying the focus is on aliens, but I'm not.
My problem is your attitude and your retardness, you dont know if the focus is on the aliens, you or anyone outside crytek doesn't know a sh*t about crysis 2 more than what we already have seen. So dont try to play smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
By cherry picking beautiful examples I mean good, stunning screenshots. Just like with crysis, you could take a screenshot of an ordinary part of the game and it wouldn't look all that great. Take one of a good sunrise/set over a nice bit of scenery with volumetric fog and light rays and it was stunning. Really it's just like real life - you can take an ordinary photo or a great one. I'm simply saying that the devs are going to take great shots to show off the game, when you play the actual game the results will vary. It's the same for any game.

As for the trailer being at medium settings, yes, YOU told us. Where's your source to back that up? Some asian forum again? Like I said you get way over hyped on these things and seem to believe every rumour you come across on the net.
Yeah, ofc they chose nice locations for their screenshots, not a lie in that. But i don't agree that the game has lower visual standard throughout the map, as i've seen some of the works of those who are level artists for Crysis 2, and i know how they work.

As for a source for my statement about the trailer, am sorry but i can't give out any names or anything lol, as even you should understand that it's very restricted information. I was lucky to get that piece of info.

And as were still on this matter i can add that if you guys don't believe me it's your choice and not my problem. This isn't anything official, and neither did i clam so. But i tell you, just wait, after new year crytek will reveal more of C2 as getting closer to release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
Visually as in tech thats not really that impressive to be unbeleivable. However shots have SSAA so thats anotehr story but techwise, no. That can perfectly be ingame material and I bet is.

If it is the latest trailer then whatever setting it is has more incommon with Crysis/Warhead medium settings than very high settings on a tech basis but additions of glare effect, flare system and GI. Give away is how surfaces are lit, shadow resolution and filtering, geometry complexity, cloak/SSS effects, texture res and mapping and more.
Exactly, here's a guy who do understand lol. True what you said about crysis1 medium... Thanks for filling this in Yoda, you know what you talk about, and i like persons like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
when is he ever right about anything? he claims he can play crysis at 1920x1200 w/ vh settings with 2x2 ssaa smoothly on a gtx 295.....lulz bomb.
Am mostly always right, but in matters of unreleased hyped hardware it's hard for anyone to give precise numbers, everything is predictions until the cards are released, but sometimes early benchmarks are somewhat correct, doesn't happen that often tho. Only those within AMD gets to know, just like compared to Crytek, leaked information/performance stats isn't good when the product is not final. Jesus christ that i have to keep reminding you guys of this.

I never said i ran 1920x1200 VH and 2x2SSAA you fool. I said i ran crysis fine with 2x2SSAA, and btw am on a 19w right now so my res is 1440x900, lot less heavy than 2x2SSAA on 1920x1200, just do the math kid. And to me the gameplay is quite smooth. Am getting 25 - 35 fps on average, never dips under 20. On that res, it's no problem to have a playable game.

Quote:
haha smooth = 15fps?
25 - 35...
Old 12-20-10, 03:30 AM   #110
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Guys chill a little. No need to get worked up on something like a game that isn't even released!

Please refrain from name calling and so forth! Healthy discussion GOOD! name calling and dragging thread down..BAD!

thanks for listening/reading etc
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 04:45 AM   #111
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
As for a source for my statement about the trailer, am sorry but i can't give out any names or anything lol, as even you should understand that it's very restricted information. I was lucky to get that piece of info.
Ha. Again, I think you need to pick and choose what you believe a little bit better.

I remember a crysis vid when the demo only just came out and they said it was running on a 8600GT fine at very high details. So everyone was saying "performance will be waaay better than the demo!". How did that turn out again?

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 06:28 AM   #112
YodaStar

Quote:
I remember a crysis vid when the demo only just came out and they said it was running on a 8600GT fine at very high details. So everyone was saying "performance will be waaay better than the demo!". How did that turn out again?
You know, several of the Crysis showcases at games conferences and even some trailer material was Crysis at roughly high settings. But recordings often being offscreen gave an impression of looking much better (not to say high looks bad at all or such).

But yeah a 8600GT would only pull medium but the 8800GTX could do all v.h at 720p with minimal problems with slight dips here and there like most other games.
One problem though that made people think it ran worse than it really did was that they played it in DX10 mode with vsync on but game doesn't enable tripplebuffering for DX10 mode nor has cvar for it. Thus falling down to 29fps meant they got a locked 20fps framerate until it hit 30fps. And if they got higher than 30fps it was still was locked to 30fps until they hit 60fps (this for monitors with 60Hz refreshrate)!
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 12:51 PM   #113
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

@slawter Rumored 580 3GB version? And doubling the amount of Vram for the 570? I think you wish too much

Quote:
Ha. Again, I think you need to pick and choose what you believe a little bit better.

Well what if my info comes from a person within crytek? I think i can believe that. I have no problem to pick and choose what/who to believe and what not to believe.

I dont know where u got that from, how could a 8600gt even possible handle crysis at those settings? I wouldn't even think something like that less would i even say such a dumb thing.
I never heard about it so i can't say anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
You know, several of the Crysis showcases at games conferences and even some trailer material was Crysis at roughly high settings. But recordings often being offscreen gave an impression of looking much better (not to say high looks bad at all or such).

But yeah a 8600GT would only pull medium but the 8800GTX could do all v.h at 720p with minimal problems with slight dips here and there like most other games.
One problem though that made people think it ran worse than it really did was that they played it in DX10 mode with vsync on but game doesn't enable tripplebuffering for DX10 mode nor has cvar for it. Thus falling down to 29fps meant they got a locked 20fps framerate until it hit 30fps. And if they got higher than 30fps it was still was locked to 30fps until they hit 60fps (this for monitors with 60Hz refreshrate)!
Exactly, and the computers that ran the playable demos at E3 and GC leipzig was using Intel core 2 extreme cpus and 8800gtx. They ran high settings though, not VH. So why some ppl are saying 8600gt would pull it off, dont know about their mental health really =X

Thats a bit of an overstatement, the gtx 8800 can't do dx10 VH in 1280x with good frames, u'll be halting on at 15 - 20 - 25 fps. But if u ran dx9 with the Veryhigh tweak it was just possible
Old 12-20-10, 01:09 PM   #114
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Know why I think all those screenshots are pre rendered? Look at the shadows. They are perfect which makes them far too expensive to render real time on any hardware. Even metro2033 doesn't even have near the shadow quality.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 01:16 PM   #115
Sean_W

I don't see why it shouldn't run on full settings with today's hardware, it's not like the first Crysis. If anything Crysis 2 should run better with the added quad-core optimisation and better DX10 support. I noticed I get higher FPS with DX10 games but with my old 9600GT, DX10 was noticeably slower than my GTS250.

I could see why a city can be geometry heavy, just like Just Cause 2 in fact. I should get at least 30fps on my hardware on high.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 01:21 PM   #116
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Know why I think all those screenshots are pre rendered? Look at the shadows. They are perfect which makes them far too expensive to render real time on any hardware. Even metro2033 doesn't even have near the shadow quality.
Errr.. U dont seem to know much about graphics and especially not the one used in Cryengine.

For the shadows of crysis, penumbra effects is possible for the shadows, they are soft.. and u can use up to 8192 resolution for razorsharp and realistic shadows, you can also adjust jittering to make them fade out better.. You also much learn how supersampling works, by rendering things further away stuff like shadows also get rendered further away thus the shadow-LOD isn't viewable compared to a 1:1 rendered scene.

Old 12-20-10, 03:08 PM   #117
mojoman0

super high res screenshots. I think some have been seen before, not sure if all

http://www.nicagamerz.com/v6/news/76...nshots-2000px/
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-10, 03:15 PM   #118
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

WOW, thanks alot for posting... All seem to be brand new fresh from the mesh!

I'll work em up and throw em in here tomorrow, i think i CBA to do it tonite..
Old 12-20-10, 03:21 PM   #119
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

wonder how much editing was done to those "action" shots?
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 05:53 AM   #120
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Editing? What kind of editing?