Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-04-11, 01:07 PM   #157
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
So now sales amount is not important beyond first couple of months? Cant keep moving the goal post whenever offended by official numbers. 1 million copies is also quite impressive given the nature and to part FUD about needing such "super computer" to play Crysis at all. It's actually not quite common for AAA games to sell millions of copies for single platform for the first months on any platform.

Try harder son, I am not impressed.
With the steep system requirements, they are lucky 1mill people bought it at full retail. But yea, a sale is a sale.

Personally, I think they were steamed they didn't bring it to the consoles cause you can pretty much release anything to the console crowd and 6 million of them will pay $60 for it regardless of what it is. PC gamers expect more and we complain when something is busted. Console gamers don't cause it's mommy and daddy out the $60... not the actual person that bought it. They'll just trade it in on the next piece of garbage and move on.

I'm a bit more cautious with my $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 01:26 PM   #158
YodaStar

True. Gradually devs/publishers simplifies, puts less work into projects besides just the necessary to work needed. Since PS3+360 sales almost always outweights PC sales alone then they look at the console user base complaints and remarks... none found. Green signal to give less while charging same or more until they complain.

Like how 'the dog thinks your the king no mather what you feed it while the cat only eats what it finds to be of quality as it is the king with the "dough"!'.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:14 PM   #159
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
With the steep system requirements, they are lucky 1mill people bought it at full retail. But yea, a sale is a sale.

Personally, I think they were steamed they didn't bring it to the consoles cause you can pretty much release anything to the console crowd and 6 million of them will pay $60 for it regardless of what it is. PC gamers expect more and we complain when something is busted. Console gamers don't cause it's mommy and daddy out the $60... not the actual person that bought it. They'll just trade it in on the next piece of garbage and move on.

I'm a bit more cautious with my $60.
Geat point mailman2!! You hit the nail right on the head. I know my 12yr old doesn't care a bit to plop down 60 smackers for a ps3 game...good or bad. Now me being a pc gamer I'm very cautious when buying games....and bitch loudly when the play like crap and look bad. I want.....demand the highest quality graphically AND the best gameplay...period!

My 2 cents....

Kapt
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:45 PM   #160
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post
Geat point mailman2!! You hit the nail right on the head. I know my 12yr old doesn't care a bit to plop down 60 smackers for a ps3 game...good or bad. Now me being a pc gamer I'm very cautious when buying games....and bitch loudly when the play like crap and look bad. I want.....demand the highest quality graphically AND the best gameplay...period!

My 2 cents....

Kapt
...the truth will set us free.... or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 07:31 AM   #161
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
So now sales amount is not important beyond first couple of months? Cant keep moving the goal post whenever offended by official numbers. 1 million copies is also quite impressive given the nature and to part FUD about needing such "super computer" to play Crysis at all. It's actually not quite common for AAA games to sell millions of copies for single platform for the first months on any platform.

Try harder son, I am not impressed.
You are 15!

First Half Life has sold about 10 mil. copies till this day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 10:08 AM   #162
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
You are 15!

First Half Life has sold about 10 mil. copies till this day.
Tip, when you talk to adults check your stuff and back it up with official material and avoid personal themes (I thought first you where going to ask me out on a date as much as you where going personal but I dont swing both ways and wont touch jailbaits). Do like me and post info with facts to back up the claim.

Also HL has been out for like.. what? 11-12years? And doesnt nullify Crysis sales achievement of 3m copies as of last year. Could aswell add World of Warcraft and say all PC game sales are failures. See how ridicolous it sounds?

Bud think about it and save some face.
Old 01-05-11, 10:24 AM   #163
YodaStar

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/12617-c...ll_profitable/

Quote:
Originally Posted by August 2008
CEO and President of game developer Crytek said Crysis cost 15 million Euros (22 million USD) to develop during a panel about the future of gaming graphics at the Games Convention Developers Conference in Leipzig, Germany. Yet despite the cost, Yerli maintained the game was profitable, adding, "if it wasn't profitable I wouldn't be able to stand here."

In the past, Crytek was responsible for the first-person shooters Far Cry (2004) which ran on its CryEngine 1, and Crysis (2007), which rand on its CryEngine 2. Crysis Warhead, another first-person shooter with ties to Crysis and also built with CryEngine 2, is being readied for release this September.
Game came out 16 November 2007.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/6261...all-transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Arts Inc. (ERTS) F3Q08 Earnings Call January 31, 2008 5:00 pm ET
Our co-publishing and distribution business delivered big. Revenue in the quarter was $372 million ex deferral, up more than seven times that of last year. Rockband, Orange Box and Crysis all exceeded expectations. EA Partners is a core part of building our business and segment shares.
Quote:
Need for Speed Pro Street, Rock Band, The Simpsons, Half Life 2 Orange Box, Sims 2 Castaway, NBA Live 08 and Crysis all went platinum in the quarter. Year to date, we have 23 titles that have sold over one million copies, up five from a year ago.
Quote:
Co-Pub and Distribution revenue ex deferral was $372 million, up over 7x from last year due to our strong line up of titles -- Rock Band, Half Life 2 Orange Box, Crysis and Hellgate London.
Old 01-05-11, 11:30 AM   #164
Sean_W

Yeah but sometimes "profitable" isn't enough, especially when you consider how many more units it's going to sell on each console. Of course they have to folk out for the console development kits but I think they will make their most money on the consoles anyway.

It's not going to be a Halo I don't think, by any stretch.

Now a lot more PC's can actually play Crysis at a decent frame rate, Crysis 2 might sell better than the first one.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-11, 12:34 PM   #165
YodaStar

Ofcourse and revenue will most likely be greater on all major platforms (assuming game is successful). However no mather how it is 'stretched, twisted or deformed' Crysis sales where a success as said by Crytek and EA and confirmed officially and accessible to anyone in the quotes and links I posted.
Old 01-06-11, 04:54 AM   #166
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Tip, when you talk to adults check your stuff and back it up with official material and avoid personal themes (I thought first you where going to ask me out on a date as much as you where going personal but I dont swing both ways and wont touch jailbaits). Do like me and post info with facts to back up the claim.

Also HL has been out for like.. what? 11-12years? And doesnt nullify Crysis sales achievement of 3m copies as of last year. Could aswell add World of Warcraft and say all PC game sales are failures. See how ridicolous it sounds?

Bud think about it and save some face.
OMG!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 06:24 AM   #167
Sean_W

WOW is subscription based so it's hardly the same and also has graphics of 10 years ago and most people can play it.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 06:54 AM   #168
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
WOW is subscription based so it's hardly the same and also has graphics of 10 years ago and most people can play it.
You still need to buy the game and HL also has the graphics of a 10 year old game. Point is though the Crysis sales was not a failure. I dont care if other games sold more as it doesn't change a single bit that Crysis sales where successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
OMG!
You're dry now, nill arguments or "arguments". Hey btw Crysis sold more than any Stalker game while at the same time not looking like a 10 year old game (COP).