Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-30-10, 03:20 PM   #13
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Rifts are cool though and some other mechanics. But I have moved on to Tera, trying to get into the KOBT.
You got into Tera? How is that? I'd like to play it but haven't seen a beta for it yet.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 03:49 PM   #14
Vardant

Korean open beta test starts 11.1.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 01:56 PM   #15
CaptnStubing

This game is pretty damn fun. Out of all the betas I've played this last year, this and DC online are the best. I love the graphics in this game. The style is exactly what I like. It is a WoW clone but they did it right. I do have the feeling I will get bored with it so I'm not sure I'll actually buy it. It is a very solid game though. The zone wide rift events are fun as hell.
Old 01-06-11, 09:33 PM   #16
RollinThundr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This game is pretty damn fun. Out of all the betas I've played this last year, this and DC online are the best. I love the graphics in this game. The style is exactly what I like. It is a WoW clone but they did it right. I do have the feeling I will get bored with it so I'm not sure I'll actually buy it. It is a very solid game though. The zone wide rift events are fun as hell.
I pre purchased it based on beta 3. (beta 4 starts tomorrow fyi) It may be somewhat of a wow clone, thats a fair statement, but its very polished, actually I think it may be the most polished mmo "beta" I've ever played and I've played my share.

The way classes work with allowing a player to have up to 3 distinct class trees, I feel adds a ton of customization to how a class can play out, and the dynamics of the whole Rift system itself adds another layer of complexity. I really like the graphics as well, characters animate well, its fluid, the casting animations have some flash to them. Over all just really solid feeling. For a game that doesn't launch for over another month yet (March 1st in the US) I have to give Trion credit. Its fun, plays well, and has a bit of complexity to it.

They didn't reinvent the MMO wheel by any means but the level of polish and added depth with the way the class systems work and the Rifts themselves make it feel pretty fresh in some ways. Looking forward to it.
RollinThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 04:03 AM   #17
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

I have just into the beta for this! (a first for me)! Looking forward to playing it (downloading atm)
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 11:38 AM   #18
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

I got an nvidia invite code but looks like that didn't actually get me into the beta weekend
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 01:02 PM   #19
hirantha
SUC SUDO

looks like its from the same graphic engine as Warhammer onlines. and any game looks better than wow these days.. checkout TERA.. now that's going to be a MMO worth your time when its released..

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 01:14 PM   #20
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinThundr View Post
I pre purchased it based on beta 3. (beta 4 starts tomorrow fyi) It may be somewhat of a wow clone, thats a fair statement, but its very polished, actually I think it may be the most polished mmo "beta" I've ever played and I've played my share.

The way classes work with allowing a player to have up to 3 distinct class trees, I feel adds a ton of customization to how a class can play out, and the dynamics of the whole Rift system itself adds another layer of complexity. I really like the graphics as well, characters animate well, its fluid, the casting animations have some flash to them. Over all just really solid feeling. For a game that doesn't launch for over another month yet (March 1st in the US) I have to give Trion credit. Its fun, plays well, and has a bit of complexity to it.

They didn't reinvent the MMO wheel by any means but the level of polish and added depth with the way the class systems work and the Rifts themselves make it feel pretty fresh in some ways. Looking forward to it.
It is only a wow clone in the battle mechanics. I really like it though. The game is just plane fun. I loved the fact that I'm running along happily questing, a rift opens up and I get OM NOM NOMED by the mobs that came out. Now I have to stop everything and help get rid of this rift. Some say that annoys them because they want to finish the quests they are on. I say it is a very much welcomed break from questing. The mobs from the rifts drop loot, give xp so it is all part of the leveling process.

I am in BETA 4 so I'll be on after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
I have just into the beta for this! (a first for me)! Looking forward to playing it (downloading atm)
I'll see if we can hook up in game. Most likely Saturday since you are what, 12 hours ahead of me?

The graphics are not top of the line but they look very nice. Very much acceptable for a MMO.

Old 01-22-11, 06:25 PM   #21
Maverick123w

Got my VIP key for the final beta. Downloading now. Can't wait to play on tuesday
Old 01-24-11, 11:06 AM   #22
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

This game actually looks like it has real potential. Are you beta guys under NDA during these weekend testing phases?

I had assumed this was another Korean grindfest and wrote it off before I even read anything about it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 12:09 PM   #23
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
This game actually looks like it has real potential. Are you beta guys under NDA during these weekend testing phases?

I had assumed this was another Korean grindfest and wrote it off before I even read anything about it.
Haven't played yet but my friend I play mmo's with has been in the last few beta weekends and says it's a fun game. Don't expect anything groundbreaking but it's as polished as an MMO coming out for release could be.
Old 01-24-11, 02:13 PM   #24
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post

I love this game. I've been in the beta for a couple of months now. I stoped playing because I don't want to spoil the final game.

As Mav said there isn't anythign ground breakign but I don't think games have to be ground braking. They just have to be fun.

I didn't see any grinding. For one the level cap was only 20 and only three zones were open, until the last beta which went up to 25 and two more zones opened up. It is a very solid game. The great thing is the rifts which tear through the zone you are questing in. You have to shut those things down cuz the mobs from then will kill you quest givers. I LOVED THAT! because you got ex for killing those mobs and shutting down the rifts as well as good loot. So even though you were majorly side-tracked from you questing you had a goal and that is key. Your goal is to shut the rift down, you throw in xp and loot and you have a win. it also serves as a major break from questing.

BTW rifts can be local or a major zone wide series of smaller rifts as well as mega rifts will attack your town. That requires a raid to stop those, ofcourse you have dungeons and such in the game. It is just packed with creamy goodness.