Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-11, 09:33 AM   #13
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: I know what phone i want ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, well I'm in Boston. You know, a major metropolitan area, and everyone I know with AT&T (which is actually a LOT of people because the iPhone is incredibly popular here) drops calls all the time and their data network is severely overloaded and slow.

By the way, your opinion doesn't count considering your checks say AT&T on them. Or has the kool-aid not worn off yet?

EDIT: Ninja edit in there somewhere
Exactly, I live in an area with around 1.5 million people and AT&T can't handle the load. Let alone a place like boston with 3 or 4 times this number of people. Listen to him though, in the boonies (yes i know andover is a large city before you start flaming me), AT&T is just like Verizon ...just playing around with the AT&T employee

phone is sexy hawtness

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 09:42 AM   #14
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Future of computing right there. This stuff is advancing much faster than I ever thought it would.

The iPhone is going to fall further and further behind the cruve every 6 months.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 12:41 PM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Actually it has the largest battery of all smartphones. This phone is a beast. I can't wait to get one. I mean 1gb of ram. That's nuts!
any idea on price? or ETA?
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 03:09 PM   #16
DiscipleDOC

Woah. That's one nice phone.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 04:17 PM   #17
Albo

Hold on.. So it's a 2 GHz CPU? 1GHz per core? That is what some sites are saying, that is so ridiculous.

That phone in theory, is better than the one my dad uses as a computer.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 05:56 PM   #18
Bman212121

Wow.

I'd absolutely love to see some benchmarks compared to an Intel Atom based netbook with integrated graphics...

I'm not so sure about the whole laptop dock thing, but it might be useful. As long as they can get a standardized input going for all of their phones then anyone could use the dock as a portable keyboard and mouse for their phone. It should only be $200 - $300 for the shell of a laptop, but everytime you get a new phone it would be like getting a brand new machine.

The HD multimedia dock is really nice, but can we do the same thing without having to have the dock? That's the one thing that kind of sours the deal about the Zune. Use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and only have to carry around one hdmi cable to plug into a display. It would be just like having a computer except you can fit everything you need in your pocket.

As a side note, this definitely makes microsoft's announcement the other day much more enticing. No wonder they want to make sure they support ARM if the next generation of phones can work just like a pc.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 06:01 PM   #19
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Hold on.. So it's a 2 GHz CPU? 1GHz per core? That is what some sites are saying, that is so ridiculous.

That phone in theory, is better than the one my dad uses as a computer.
Still 1Ghz.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 11:37 PM   #20
mojoman0

Cool but sounds like overkill to me. What the hell do you need the horsepower for on a phone? No app fora while would use it and as a pc with Linux it would just be an isolated subpar experience
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-11, 11:40 PM   #21
mojoman0

Does anyone knOw if this phone would require a 4g data plan or if 4g is a different price tier than 3G data?
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 11:57 AM   #22
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Anyone heard a hint of a European release date(I know it's coming to OrangeUK)? Love my Galaxy S, but can't stand the pentile matrix.
Old 01-11-11, 03:56 PM   #23
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Cool but sounds like overkill to me. What the hell do you need the horsepower for on a phone? No app fora while would use it and as a pc with Linux it would just be an isolated subpar experience
Nah not overkill at all yet. I still can't play flash games on my phone because it's under powered. Also having HDMI out with full 1080p video capabilities would be really nice. Video playback of full resolution files certainly cannot be done on current phones, which will be needed if you want to use your phone as a portable media player.

It all comes back to how portable you want the device to be. I can do that stuff on my desktop, but that's a lot to setup and tear down. I can do it on my laptop but that also requires carrying around and extra bag and making sure all of the cables are there to configure it. If the phone can do it you need to have 1 HDMI cable in your pocket or keep it in your car. Then when you're at a friends house you can just plug in and go.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 08:33 AM   #24
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Oh blow it out your ass. ATT has a drop call rate just shy of verizon and lower then the other two biggest carriers. Let alot the fact that our 3G is as fast as other carriers "4G" (ATT has upgraded 100% of the network to HSDPA+) with a LARGE LTE rollout coming summer.

Yes some areas might be lacking good coverage but all carriers have that (tons of complaints that verizon lacks coverage in north MN) .
Oh, blow it out YOUR ass. Your network SUCKS BALLS. The fact you work for AT&T immediately voids any claims you make anyway.