Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-11, 01:14 AM   #13
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It's not threadcraping, we have known that verizon was getting the iphone for MONTHS...
Yes, but this puts an actual date on the release. All others have been speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
As much as my wife loves her Droid 1, she will probably be upgrading this April to an iPhone. It's bad when I have to root her phone and use a custom ROM (Ultimate Droid) for it to work the way it's supposed to: fast. Even as much as liberating as it is that I can even put a custom ROM on my phone (the whole "more choice" arguement), it's a pain sometimes to have to continually work on it. Jussayin.

But good news for us who refuse to use AT&T's crappy network.
Interesting you used the word "upgrade" when you referred to her moving from an Android to iPhone.

If you're going to go Verizon, there are many better phones out there than the iPhone imo.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 02:44 AM   #14
Airbrushkid
 
Airbrushkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Don't care if Verizon gets it. I already have the iPhone 4. And never had a problem. Will never go to Android. My phone has never crashed drop a call nothing has gone wrong. And I got mine June 29, 2010.
__________________
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 03:11 AM   #15
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

I'm curious how the upgrade cycle will now work. Will this phone be the same old iPhone 4 or a newer generation or once the 5th gen comes out on att will it come to verizon at the same time or have to wait until January for the verizon refresh. Confusing, guess we should know more soon
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:01 PM   #16
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

AT&T knew for awhile that Verizon was going to get the iPhone. Were not worried with the first release. It wont support LTE so its going to be running on a slower network the AT&T for data and it will be gimped of its highest touted feature, voice and data at the same time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:26 PM   #17
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
AT&T knew for awhile that Verizon was going to get the iPhone. Were not worried with the first release. It wont support LTE so its going to be running on a slower network the AT&T for data and it will be gimped of its highest touted feature, voice and data at the same time.
Not that you would able to share it with us, but are there statistics available to you guys on simultaneous voice and data usage? It sounds like a big feature, but I *personally* can't think of one time I've seen one of my friends use it. Since you work with AT&T, does it seem like a large number of users actually do both simultaneously.

Also, I get push notifications on my Droid Incredible. It's actually annoying because my phone vibrates and dings when I get email. I have no idea how its actually happening.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:42 PM   #18
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

If you never had it you wouldn't realize how much usage it would bring if you had it. It's a big talking point with anyone who needs to be in the loop constantly. I know most of our business customers love it being able to talk to someone and reply to emails at the same time. I know I use it every day since I have to take conference calls and continue to receive emails
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 02:24 PM   #19
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
If you never had it you wouldn't realize how much usage it would bring if you had it. It's a big talking point with anyone who needs to be in the loop constantly. I know most of our business customers love it being able to talk to someone and reply to emails at the same time. I know I use it every day since I have to take conference calls and continue to receive emails
Agreed. I use it everyday. I LOVE the ability to make calls and have it go in the BG while I do anything else. FTW.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 10:24 AM   #20
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

I'll definitely consider the iPhone for my next upgrade. I love android but it's just SO rough around the edges. I definitely want something that just works when I need it to.

I'll look through all my options when my upgrade comes up in june.

Edit: I'm hearing a 2/3/11 launch not 1/11/11
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-11, 12:17 PM   #21
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I'll definitely consider the iPhone for my next upgrade. I love android but it's just SO rough around the edges. I definitely want something that just works when I need it to.

I'll look through all my options when my upgrade comes up in june.

Edit: I'm hearing a 2/3/11 launch not 1/11/11
1/11 announcement, 2/3 launch, I would assume.

Wall St. Journal is reporting they have a meeting tomorrow where they expect the announcement to be made.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 12:45 PM   #22
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
1/11 announcement, 2/3 launch, I would assume.

Wall St. Journal is reporting they have a meeting tomorrow where they expect the announcement to be made.
Got yah
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 12:46 PM   #23
mullet
 
mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

I think it's great now girls will have a phone to choose on Verizon now.
__________________
• LIAN-LI PC-A70B • ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA (0701) • i7-3770k + NOCTUA|NH-D14 • Intel 520 240GB SSD • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1600 •
• EVGA GeForce GTX 680 • PCP&C 750 Quad • ASUS BD-ROM • DELL U2711 H-IPS + DELL 2209WA e-IPS• Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 • Logitech Z5500 5.1 •
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 12:48 PM   #24
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Verizon iPhone Coming 1/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
I think it's great now girls will have a phone to choose on Verizon now.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.