Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Luftwayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 10:57 AM   #2978
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamove View Post
is there enb for dx10? what would you choose it looks better with enb but works better with dx10 performance?
I use dx9
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-11, 12:20 PM   #2979
Bearclaw

What is ENB?
Old 01-08-11, 05:52 PM   #2980
Bearclaw

Some approach shots into KPIT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	41944  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	41945  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	41946  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled4.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	41947  Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled5.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	41948  

Old 01-10-11, 05:11 PM   #2981
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Been away from simming/gaming for a few months now as stuff in RL pretty heavy in late 2010 (had a death in the family & split with my long term GF had to moved house ect ect ect)

But things are getting back on track and i got a bit of free time to start simming/gaming and working up a few more FSX mods and maybe a new redux pack (most likely reboot the Beaver HD redux i started last year)

@slaWter triple screen FSX looks sick! id love to splash for it myself but present circumstances forbid it i think i will be getting a GTX 570 soon though (580 is overkill for my gaming res 1920x1200) the 260 still holds its own in most things but i think its time i retired it to physx only duty

btw Enb only hits me for 1-2 fps is FSX,i just use it for slight bloom and a warmer pallet shift
check you ini setting to see its not trying to use SSAO...john v's enb ini setting over at the orbx boards are a good place to start if your looking for a modded ini for use with FSX

Anyhows heres a screen grab from an FSX mod im working on atm

Higher contrast landmass/mesh shadows (best of all this has ZERO performance hit!) no photoshoping of levels this is stright from FSX (theres just a small 15% sharpen to counter the blur from slight size reduction of the org capture size)

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:01 PM   #2982
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey slaWter

Heres the link to the orbx thread for john v's enb ini

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=22204.0

you need to reg/login to get to that section of there forums

& many thanks for the kind words,im looking forward to getting back into my hobbies

Heres a few shots of the WIP Beaver,

still very WIP as yet but along enough to post a few shots,not sure if this will be an Ozx thing atm as most of the guys and girls who worked on the bell/goose +expansion packs are busy with RL work or have moved on to other roll in the fsx world so i might just solo this one gfx wise and ask a few other tweakers to have a look at fixing up the flight model,also im thinking of starting my own FSX site/blog were i can keep/share all my little gfx tweaks, repaints & HD redux projects atm there scattered about a bit,who knows it might even get me some donations towards my 570gtx my 4.2ghz i5 is totally wasted on the 260gtx!

btw looking forward to more vids of the triple displays if you have the time

Cheers
steve
Old 01-12-11, 06:08 PM   #2983
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Thanks for the link steve! I'll give it a try.
Nice previews as well, looking sharp

I have a few other nV Surround videos online, iRacing and Call of Duty. Check them out here if you want.

Hey slaWter

Checked out your other vids im real impressed with the iRacing - Motion ****pit View reall puts you right in the car! how are the beavels? iive read that may ppl say you just blank the out after a time do you find that or are they still something that jars you away from the immersion? seems with LED backlighting id have expected some mass market player to push out some beavel less (or atless removable bevels) pannels by now

Got a few more shots of my shadows mod here showing how it looks at a longer range
(theres a little help from enb in these shots )

I gotta say in motion this really does take FSX up another level (im not just bigging up my mod by saying that btw )

i'll see if i can try and grab a HD vid with FSrecorded over the next week or so,seems the lastest version can turn FSX into an offline rendering engine cant wait to check it out!

Laters
steve
Old 01-14-11, 08:12 AM   #2984
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey slaWter

Got a few more shots of my shadows mod here showing how it looks at a longer range
(theres a little help from enb in these shots )

I gotta say in motion this really does take FSX up another level (im not just bigging up my mod by saying that btw )

Laters
steve
Wow! So what do you think, when we'll be able to use on your shadow mod?
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Old 01-16-11, 06:44 AM   #2985
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

That is looking very good Steve... look forward to giving this a whirl when you put it out.

Sorry to hear life has been a bit turbulent for you recently it [RL] can deal some major ups and downs, but I'm glad your getting back on the level.

We had an 'up' with the birth of our second son back in Sept, which is great, but he does get in the way of FS and game time

Good to see you 'Nubee' posting some of you amazing pics on the Orbx forum.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 03:45 PM   #2986
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Many thanks for the kind words and well wishing its good to be putting last years **** behind me and getting back to the norm (strange how everyone moans about the norm,i really dont think its till you get some disruption in your life that you realise just how good the norm can be!)

@ Mark Congratz to you and your wife on the birth of your second son,i was wondering what was keeping you away hehe

Hate to tease you all but heres a few more shadow mod shots (2nd pic is GEX US)
(again ENB is helping out a little here with bloom and a slight warm palette shift)

I want to try and get this tested & out before my 260GTX packs up (its been acting every strange the past week or 2 keep getting driver restart errors(cleaning/altering driver vers has no effect) gonna try and get it in another machine later this week to see if it is the 260 or something else in the system (i dout its anything else in there because everything but the 260 and the case is new!)

Might have to follow Nubees lead & post a few of these over at Orbx to get some new fans hehe

Cheers
Steve
Old 01-18-11, 11:52 AM   #2987
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey guys
Many thanks for the kind words and well wishing its good to be putting last years **** behind me and getting back to the norm (strange how everyone moans about the norm,i really dont think its till you get some disruption in your life that you realise just how good the norm can be!)
Yep normality is good… keep it that way.

Quote:
@ Mark Congratz to you and your wife on the birth of your second son,i was wondering what was keeping you away hehe
Thanks he’s a great little chap

Quote:
Hate to tease you all but heres a few more shadow mod shots (2nd pic is GEX US)
(again ENB is helping out a little here with bloom and a slight warm palette shift)
Shadows look very cool, and I like your set-up with the modded palette… I keep playing with ENB settings and spend more time fiddling with all these things than flying. Does this shadow mod just affect terrain, or does it deepen the aircraft shawows too?

Quote:
Might have to follow Nubees lead & post a few of these over at Orbx to get some new fans hehe
You really should… but don’t post a GEX one by mistake like someone here [Nubee I’m looking at you]
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 03:10 AM   #2988
NuBee
NuBee

Yeah, it came to my mind that the screens you show there should logicaly show FTX sceneries and not other sceneries, but after I pushed the "send" button. So yes, its was my fault, it was not really nice and also not smart from me