Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-11-11, 10:09 PM   #37
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: DC Universe Online

I'm buying this game next week. It looks really good.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 11:00 AM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Watched it a bit on a live cast on GiantBomb. Looks like they got the action-oriented combat right, and the graphics look good. I noticed quite a few issues that commonly occur in launch MMORPGs but nothing major. Standard MMO setup as far as I could tell with questing, didn't get a look at any of the game's other features. They guys playing it dismissed it pretty quickly but honestly I don't think they were ever really trying to give it a chance.

One major thing I noticed is that the PC UI and control setup is clearly ported from console versions, a huge mistake in my opinion, but then again the gameplay may not require anything more sophisticated.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 08:00 PM   #39
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

This game is not available yet on steam for my region! and i dont want to buy DVDs!!!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 12:25 AM   #40
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I played the beta for a few weeks. Combat was indeed very enjoyable, though the needlessly huge UI was an eyesore. Targeting was a bit of a pain, and from what I've heard its gotten even worse. And last but not least, there was almost no communication between the developers and the community. I've seen that before in other MMO betas, and needless to say they didn't fare very well as a result. I'm going to be passing on this one, at least for now.

It's a damn shame too because its a hell of a property to be working from. Guess I'll have to get my DC fix from Arkham City when it comes out.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 12:06 PM   #41
DiscipleDOC

Downloading NAO!
Old 01-14-11, 12:13 PM   #42
CaptnStubing

I am on New Frontier server. Charachter name Kahn and yes I'm on Superman's side. The only thing the villians have that I really like is the Hall of Doom. A very cool place. Much better than the Watchtower. The Watchtower reminds me of jehovah witness.

I'm actually addicted to this game now. Not sure for how long but for now I really enjoy it.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 12:19 PM   #43
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Watched it a bit on a live cast on GiantBomb. Looks like they got the action-oriented combat right, and the graphics look good. I noticed quite a few issues that commonly occur in launch MMORPGs but nothing major. Standard MMO setup as far as I could tell with questing, didn't get a look at any of the game's other features. They guys playing it dismissed it pretty quickly but honestly I don't think they were ever really trying to give it a chance.

One major thing I noticed is that the PC UI and control setup is clearly ported from console versions, a huge mistake in my opinion, but then again the gameplay may not require anything more sophisticated.
The combat is fun as hell.

The launch was pretty much flawless except for people having port problems on PCs and the loss of audio bug. Other than that it was a very good launch.

The UI is completely consolized. The good thing is it still is easy to get around and doesn't bother you that much. If you just open your quest log and you have access to all the menu options for the game. For it being consolized it works as good as one could hope for. It isn't perfect but doesn't make me worry about the game.
Old 01-14-11, 12:22 PM   #44
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidric View Post
I played the beta for a few weeks. Combat was indeed very enjoyable, though the needlessly huge UI was an eyesore. Targeting was a bit of a pain, and from what I've heard its gotten even worse. And last but not least, there was almost no communication between the developers and the community. I've seen that before in other MMO betas, and needless to say they didn't fare very well as a result. I'm going to be passing on this one, at least for now.

It's a damn shame too because its a hell of a property to be working from. Guess I'll have to get my DC fix from Arkham City when it comes out.
Targeting is fine. Just tab target and ur golden. If anything it has gotten better. I have had nothing but a good experience with this game so far. The bate did tick me off when it wouldn't save your key bindings but they fixed that with in a week.

Old 01-14-11, 12:45 PM   #45
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I am on New Frontier server. Charachter name Kahn and yes I'm on Superman's side. The only thing the villians have that I really like is the Hall of Doom. A very cool place. Much better than the Watchtower. The Watchtower reminds me of jehovah witness.

I'm actually addicted to this game now. Not sure for how long but for now I really enjoy it.
Old 01-16-11, 07:20 PM   #46
DiscipleDOC

Meh, played it for a while today....I don't think I can get into it. It seems very buggy, and the servers seems to be down a lot.
Old 01-17-11, 10:12 AM   #47
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

I'm hearing a ton of negative press for this game. I can't remember the last mmo that was good.

I'm praying that SW:TOR is great.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:49 PM   #48
CaptnStubing

Video hammers cry about everything. And Alltel gammers mmo gammers are the worst. Know are very hard to launch. It takes time to fix the bugs. Wow had one of the worst launches in mmo history. Look where it is now. So if you want a know to work perfect out of the box then you should not play mmos because it just don't happen.

My friends and I are having a blast. It is a pretty solid game for only being a week old.