Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-11, 01:40 PM   #25
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Netflix Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Agreed. I think its a shame the older TV show seasons aren't available to stream. They force you to order the stupid DVDs and make you wait. Lame.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
It's probably your karma for having that ridiculous tapatalk signature in your posts.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 02:10 PM   #26
bacon12

Quote:
Thought I put in my OP that I run XBMC Live, Linux distro. Used to run Windows 7 but ran in some remotee and playback issues. Im surprised no one has created a plugin for XBMC yet . . .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Yea sorry didn't see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
turn on HTPC/click browser/click movie/watch movie. On my 61" the streams look pretty good to me. The only gripe I have is there selection is weak for streaming.
Agree quality has gone up dramatically for me in the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I like streaming netflix but I wish they offered more recent releases through it.
Me too, but I read somewhere that studios and networks ask a crazy stupid royalty fee for streaming compared to disks. Something along the lines of hundreds of times more, and most want to get paid every time someone watches. Not just a flat fee like buying a disk for rental.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 07:44 PM   #27
JasonPC

I'm surprised there's no free plugins for XBMC. That sucks, I wonder if there's a way to make your own.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 10:56 PM   #28
mullet

MediaPortal has it.
Old 01-17-11, 11:10 AM   #29
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
MediaPortal has it.
Is there a Linux/Live MediaPortal version available? I really don't want to have to reload Winblows on my HTPC again.

EDIT: Nothing but Winblows support. Lame.

I did some more research and found that there is a XBMC plugin in dev for Netflix but no Linux support due to crappy Silverlight. Thanks Netflix for wasting my time.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 11:19 AM   #30
mullet

ROFL, good grief. Why don't you just use what ****ing works like everyone else on the planet.
Old 01-17-11, 12:16 PM   #31
bacon12

Cause windows 7 is teh suxors, there are so much better things to use just they don't work for what I want to do with them?
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:35 PM   #32
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Cause windows 7 is teh suxors, there are so much better things to use just they don't work for what I want to do with them?
I bet if he recompiled the kernel 10 times it might work then...
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-11, 12:42 PM   #33
six_storm

EDIT: I'm not going to complain anymore (New Years resolution I'm trying to keep up with)

Well it's a good thing I still have my Windows 7 build on another hard drive. All I gotta do is swap HDDs, update and get stuff working with XBMC. I may just go with MCE for a short time until XBMC gets a good Netflix plugin.
Old 01-17-11, 01:01 PM   #34
Albo

Quote:
Second attempt: Sony Blu-Ray Player. We've never used this BR player to watch Netflix so I was expecting that we could surf the Netflix library and watch any movie available that we could on the PC. No. You have to get on your PC, add movies to the "Instant Queue", then play it on the BR player. WTF?
Why is that so bad?

Better than nothing, Get your MBP, and go to the netflix site, add some movies to the instant queue, and watch when you get time. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? Add to instant queue and watch when you get time.
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:05 PM   #35
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Why is that so bad?

Better than nothing, Get your MBP, and go to the netflix site, add some movies to the instant queue, and watch when you get time. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? Add to instant queue and watch when you get time.
It's kind of a stupid process IMO. Why have a device that is "Netflix Capable" or whatever, but can't browser the instant playable movies/TV shows? Not well thought out.

Plus, I need something easy for my wife to just hit "Watch Movies" on the Harmony remote, pick a movie or TV show, then watch it. Something EASY. Yes, going on my laptop and picking something out is easy for me, but not for her.
Old 01-17-11, 01:14 PM   #36
betterdan

I agree with six storm. Getting on the computer to add movies then watch them on another piece of equipment is gayer than riding a camel.

It's all about convenience Alpo, that's the American way.