Default Re: my gripe with windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
XP sucks.

Jus' 'sayin'
Old 12-10-10, 04:24 PM   #26
Redeemed

I honestly can't think of much about 7 I don't like... native blu-ray support would be epic but... that's probably it.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 04:31 PM   #27
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlakMagnet View Post
So is an STD.
wiseguy
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-10, 03:18 PM   #28
JasonPC

Do you have an OEM version of Windows 7 or a retail version? Because I have reactivated several times (sometimes I had to call the automated line instead of automatic reactivation over the internet) and it has never failed on me.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 10:03 AM   #29
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post

I honestly can't think of much about 7 I don't like... native blu-ray support would be epic but... that's probably it.
it will be just like DVD support - They will support it once the new format is out.
Old 01-14-11, 05:42 PM   #30
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
linux is free
and people still don't want it
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 09:59 AM   #31
ir123
*BANNED*

I think tWAT is stirring things up in winbred territory. Not to say that forecasts of windows exodus have authority, but I've been seeing old order winbreds getting seriously peeved by this thing. I guess M$ is betting on more noobs being born into their buttrape, hence being imprinted and used to it, compared to the long time users that will have had their fill. Or maybe it's just the standard automation of a mega corporate hydra chugging along without conscious choice.

Either way, enjoy your spyware, noob winbreds.
ir123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 12:05 PM   #32
TheOneAndOnly

Pfft. I've had to reactivate my Win 7 box probably 8-9 times, due to my constantly changing parts. All it takes is a five minute free phone call to resolve. And I have never gotten a hassle from MS for doing this. Completely 100% hassle free.
If this wasn't your experience, then you should have asked for a supervisor. Either you got an extremely rare case of a rude service person, or your story is BS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it is the former. A supervisor would have easily taken care of it for you.
AFAIK, MS does not blacklist a key unless it has requested activation numerous times over a short period of times (leading to an obvious case of widespread piracy). If I haven't been banned, there is no reason you should have been. Again, a manager could have taken care of this easily. MS's policy has always been to assume your are innocent in every case and activate manually, unless it is provable that a particular key has been pirated.
If Norton 360 is causing you hassles, blame Norton, not MS. I would think that would be blatantly obvious.

As far as the OPs rant on "greed", blah blah blah, a company is there to provide a product or service in exchange for money. Since there are literally millions out there who find theft to be appropriate, do you think it is not in any companies best interests to protect that investment and prevent the piracy of their product? Do you not think that it is more appropriate to rant and rave at the pirates themselves?

But more importantly, if you do not agree with a product or service, go elsewhere. I'm certain Linux would love another user...
TheOneAndOnly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-11, 12:08 PM   #33
TheOneAndOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir123 View Post
I think tWAT is stirring things up in winbred territory. Not to say that forecasts of windows exodus have authority, but I've been seeing old order winbreds getting seriously peeved by this thing. I guess M$ is betting on more noobs being born into their buttrape, hence being imprinted and used to it, compared to the long time users that will have had their fill. Or maybe it's just the standard automation of a mega corporate hydra chugging along without conscious choice.

Either way, enjoy your spyware, noob winbreds.
LOL. 1999 called. They want their pathetic/false rants back. As well as the use of "M$".

TheOneAndOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 12:26 PM   #34
bacon12

Bout friggin time someone banned that retard.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 03:02 PM   #35
ViN86

Linux is a legitimate alternative. The only thing that Linux can't do as well as Windows is games.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 06:58 PM   #36
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Linux is a legitimate alternative. The only thing that Linux can't do as well as Windows is games.
and have access to 1,000s of good apps, wine can't cut it, and be user friendly haha
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote