Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-17-11, 02:11 PM   #49
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: DC Universe Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Video hammers cry about everything. And Alltel gammers mmo gammers are the worst. Know are very hard to launch. It takes time to fix the bugs. Wow had one of the worst launches in mmo history. Look where it is now. So if you want a know to work perfect out of the box then you should not play mmos because it just don't happen.

My friends and I are having a blast. It is a pretty solid game for only being a week old.
I agree. Heck, BFBC2 didn't work right out the box. I was just frustrated that I couldn't play it last night.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 02:28 PM   #50
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
I agree. Heck, BFBC2 didn't work right out the box. I was just frustrated that I couldn't play it last night.
Just wanted you to know my post wasn't directed towards you. I was a response to Maverick saying many are hating this game.

Last night the servers were down for a emergency repair. They said it would be down for 2 hours and it was just over 2 hours.

Any way Doc, MMOs are more fun playing in a group. 3 of us play on a pvp server. We were having a blast ganking and being ganked while trying to finish our quests. Some don't like pvp servers but I find it fun as hell and frustrating as hell. In the park right out side one of our night clubs there was a HUGE battle between we villians and the heroes. We finally chased them off but it took a while. There is this GAY guild name TITANS who is full of level 30s. They run around in a pack killing everyone they see. There is no sport in what they do. They just want to piss people off but that is the added challenge of a pvp server. You have very powerful enemies that can almost one shot you. LOL! So you better level up to max level so you can beat the crap out of them back.

Any way there is safety in numbers and more fun in numbers. MMOs are a very social game. The complete opposite of FPS games.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 10:10 AM   #51
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Most of the complaints I've heard have to do with general gameply. I never pay attention to idiots crying about server performance and what not.

I played Anarchy Online at launch... I know what a bad launch is hehe.

If you're enjoying it though that's awesome! I haven't played many MMO's since DAoC that kept my attention past the free month.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 10:40 AM   #52
Yaboze

I'll try it when there is a Free Trial download.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 05:06 PM   #53
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

My question is, how is class balance and actual difficulty handled? Right off the bat I read that sure you could fly, if you were a flight based super hero. How does such an over powered ability get balanced out with the other super heros who can't fly? Also the majority of gameplay that I have seen so far seems attributed to nothing more then button mashing. Players running in with fist a flying and no regard to damage being taken, which makes me wonder if the only way you can die is if you let them kill you. ^^
Old 01-24-11, 12:53 PM   #54
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Most of the complaints I've heard have to do with general gameply. I never pay attention to idiots crying about server performance and what not.

I played Anarchy Online at launch... I know what a bad launch is hehe.

If you're enjoying it though that's awesome! I haven't played many MMO's since DAoC that kept my attention past the free month.
This is a very unique MMO traditional hardcore MMO players will hate it as it is more of a FPS. The middle crowd is where this game will pick up people.

My biggest complaint is the main form of fighting is stunning people. If you can get all your stuns off you win. It is nothing more simple than that and it is FRIKING STUPID! It doesn't require any skill other than mash buttons as fast as you can to stun stun stun. It was a horrible idea to form battles around this mechanic. The game its self is brilliant and fun. It's just the damn stunning is stupid.

Flyers do have a huge advantage by swooping down from above. The problem is once they are seen you yank them out of the sky and they are stunned all the way down then they have to get up and fight. So it balances its self out. Their biggest advantage is not having to climb up a building while moving around.

The way you die is to be stunned to death. And yes it is a button mashing game. I don't see why people have a problem with that. All games are button mashing. The idea of skill in video games is a myth. It only comes down to if you are having fun or not. This game is fun but I don't see me playing it next year but time will tell.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 01:20 AM   #55
MowTin

*bump*

I have never played an MMO. Tried this after free-to-play.

I'm doing the Grogg mission. Sometimes these gorillas do damage like -1, -4, -7. But sometimes the damage spikes to -17, -34 and more.

I'm level 5 with 141 defense. Am I missing something?

(I was enjoying this until running into this frustrating problem)

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 04:54 PM   #56
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
*bump*

I have never played an MMO. Tried this after free-to-play.

I'm doing the Grogg mission. Sometimes these gorillas do damage like -1, -4, -7. But sometimes the damage spikes to -17, -34 and more.

I'm level 5 with 141 defense. Am I missing something?

(I was enjoying this until running into this frustrating problem)
Got some help from a DC Universe forum. Replying in case someone else ever has the same question.

The key for me was getting a healing power. That allowed me to back off and regenerate. And it's more fun to do Grogg's base or Queen Bee base with someone else. Group up and it's much easier to do.

Finally try to draw enemies away from groups. In a group they can stun you and do massive damage in seconds. Alone they are more manageable.

I never played or wanted to play an MMO before, this game is a lot of fun and has a great deal of depth. Creating your own super hero and playing in the DC Universe is what makes this game shine.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-12, 12:41 PM   #57
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

A buddy of mine showed me this at our gaming marathon this weekend. I got signed up last night and started my own hero. While I'm not fond of MMOs to begin with, I think that this has some potential. Glad that it's free to play or else I wouldn't fool with it at all.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 01:01 PM   #58
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
A buddy of mine showed me this at our gaming marathon this weekend. I got signed up last night and started my own hero. While I'm not fond of MMOs to begin with, I think that this has some potential. Glad that it's free to play or else I wouldn't fool with it at all.
I got the game when it first came out, but uninstalled it a week later. I'm not too fond of these types of games.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote