Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-11, 04:47 PM   #49
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I can't believe you cross streets safely, but here we are.
Most people can't. There are some retarded drivers out there.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 04:57 PM   #50
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I can't believe you cross streets safely, but here we are.
You should submit that line to Nvidia as some of your best work
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 05:00 PM   #51
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
If you buy or don't buy a companies products based on your opinion of the attitude of their fans, I don't think there's much hope for you in life. Do you choose careers based on the color of birds flying by?
If those birds were hired by a particular company and happened to crap on me, yes, I probably would. Any other retarded comparisons?

Quote:
And how was I "condescending"? By stating I'm well off in response to two or three people saying I've sold my soul for some video cards? Know a better way to put an end to that argument?
More along the lines of "your comments represent anecdotal evidence" and "there's nothing wrong with the cards, you are wrong". Note, I am paraphrasing.

Quote:
Well, I can afford video cards.
So can a lot of people here. I just purchased a 580 after setting up the return. I guess even I can afford video cards eh?

Seriously, you hurt Nvidia more than you know through your comments. I really wish there was an easy way to provide feedback for people like yourselves. Nvidia should know what a crappy advocate you are for them.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 06:00 PM   #52
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,728
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I appreciate the cards and info NVIDIA provides me; however, I'm in a position financially I don't need to promote their products to own their products. My wife and I are fortunate to have good careers going, either of us can afford the house/cabin/bills.
So price is not an issue with you ,which (I guess?) was my point.

GTX570 is the performance winner (probably) but 6950 is better value for money.
__________________
2500K 4.7ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 8gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 06:38 PM   #53
Greedo
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mos eisley cantina
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Just finished setting up my return for my EVGA GTX 570 SC.

I could not step up to an SC version of the 580 through their online and I was done dealing with the same questions over and over regarding the whine from the cards from their Techs. I'll stick to other brands from now on I guess

The deciding factor was of course Rollo's typical condescending attitude. Nvidia may not ask you to say anything about their products, but you are doing a great job of turning consumer's off their products.

too bad it didn't work out. what are you going to get instead?
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 07:12 PM   #54
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
too bad it didn't work out. what are you going to get instead?
I purchased a 580 instead. I didn't want to go back with EVGA so I didn't get a factory over-clocked version.

I looked online the past few days and no-one was complaining of similar issues to what I had.

Should be here Monday
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 08:45 PM   #55
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

Seriously, you hurt Nvidia more than you know through your comments. I really wish there was an easy way to provide feedback for people like yourselves. Nvidia should know what a crappy advocate you are for them.
I am not employed by NVIDIA.

In other words, if you flame me, I'll like as not flame you back. You can run crying to NVIDIA saying "Wah wah wah. Some guy you gave press privileges to was mean to me when I called him a shill" but I don't care.

This isn't McDonalds and you get to smack me down and I'll take it because I need the paycheck.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 08:47 PM   #56
Muppet
Registered User
 
Muppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,130
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I purchased a 580 instead. I didn't want to go back with EVGA so I didn't get a factory over-clocked version.

I looked online the past few days and no-one was complaining of similar issues to what I had.

Should be here Monday
To be honest, I wouldn't buy a factory overclocked version. They aren't hand picked from everything I have read. There is also no guarantee that they will clock higher than a standard version. Only that they are stable at the factory overclocked speeds. I have never had any issues overclocking a standard card to there factory overclocked ones.
__________________
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-11, 08:49 PM   #57
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
So price is not an issue with you ,which (I guess?) was my point.

GTX570 is the performance winner (probably) but 6950 is better value for money.
You are correct on all counts. The only reason I bring this up is it's the only way I've ever figured out to explain to people I'm not some high school kid putting up 100 posts a week to earn a free card.

I'm a hobbyist like you guys, I post about this stuff because it's my hobby. I don't lie about the hardware, and try to back what I say with links to other sources.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 08:52 PM   #58
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't buy a factory overclocked version. They aren't hand picked from everything I have read. There is also no guarantee that they will clock higher than a standard version. Only that they are stable at the factory overclocked speeds. I have never had any issues overclocking a standard card to there factory overclocked ones.
I like the factory OCd cards because they're guaranteed to run at the higher speed for the life of the warranty, and often come with better cooling.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 09:10 PM   #59
Muppet
Registered User
 
Muppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,130
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I like the factory OCd cards because they're guaranteed to run at the higher speed for the life of the warranty, and often come with better cooling.
Other than ones with a different heatsink and fan, all overclocked ones I have seen are the same as reference models.

Factory overclocked cards are never clocked much higher than the reference ones to start with. I upgrade my components all the time and have never had issues when clocking to the overclocked versions. I must say, I never stop there though. I always want more speed.
__________________
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 10:34 PM   #60
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I am not employed by NVIDIA.

In other words, if you flame me, I'll like as not flame you back. You can run crying to NVIDIA saying "Wah wah wah. Some guy you gave press privileges to was mean to me when I called him a shill" but I don't care.

This isn't McDonalds and you get to smack me down and I'll take it because I need the paycheck.
I know you are not employed by Nvidia, but you are representing them and doing an awful job of it.

90% of the time you are either instigating stuff, putting people down or going out of your way to say things are not a problem when they actually are.

If someone is doing a terrible job of representing them, they fully deserve to know how crappy a job you are doing. The mere fact that you receive stuff from a company and then crap all over them by representing them so shoddily is beyond shameful.

And, unfortunately for Nvidia, you see absolutely nothing wrong with your crass behavior.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.