Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-11, 09:10 PM   #85
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Some review, why would you run MLAA when all those games support AA? Whoever choses MLAA over AA when it is supported is retarded. It however is a nice feature for games that don't support any form of AA.
That pretty much paraphrases what I said, but remember I was replying to "Destroy" who said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
MLAA is all I use now cause is so fast, just plain works and looks excellent.
So, you just said the "graphics wh0re" Destroy is "retarded" by your definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Nvidia is coming out with their own MLAA soon i heard too. Are you still going to say it still sucks then? I'm sure you will be beating your dick to it when it's on nvidia.
Only if the dropdown in the CP links to this:

http://www.sofiavergara.com/
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 09:14 PM   #86
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
if your a "graphics wh0re" then you need a 30'' 2560x1600 to really feed the ***** lol
Rocking a Dell 3007 WFP-HC driven by a GTX580 on one rig, and 57 X 10 on three 120Hz GD235HZs here with either GTX570 SLI or GTX480 SLi here.

I qualify.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 09:27 PM   #87
onmikesline
Registered User
 
onmikesline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: south florida
Posts: 887
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Rocking a Dell 3007 WFP-HC driven by a GTX580 on one rig, and 57 X 10 on three 120Hz GD235HZs here with either GTX570 SLI or GTX480 SLi here.

I qualify.
i had a dell 3007 in till i called dell to tell them i have a dead pixel, so they replaced it with a 3008 model with a dead pixel on the other side lol. i think most 2560x1600 res has one or 2. but they do make it super easy to return. its just a pain in ship back because the box is bigger then my car lol
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 10:09 PM   #88
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

my U2711 has 0 dead pixels. If it has 1 i would return it right away.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 05:50 PM   #89
onmikesline
Registered User
 
onmikesline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: south florida
Posts: 887
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
my U2711 has 0 dead pixels. If it has 1 i would return it right away.
im talking about 2560x1600, it seems that 99% of them has one

this will be my 5th time replacing my lcd and its always has one dead pixel from dell, i just got tired of shipping it back lol
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 07:21 PM   #90
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
im talking about 2560x1600, it seems that 99% of them has one

this will be my 5th time replacing my lcd and its always has one dead pixel from dell, i just got tired of shipping it back lol
The only thing that really matters is if you have MLAA....
Until then, all is meaningless.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 07:23 PM   #91
onmikesline
Registered User
 
onmikesline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: south florida
Posts: 887
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

if you say so
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 07:38 PM   #92
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmikesline View Post
if you say so
I kid I kid. On a more serious note, the 1GB 6950 joins the fray today at $259 at newegg.

A new player for the 19X10 crowd.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.