Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-11, 08:29 PM   #13
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Bad FPS in BC2 with Intel's Q9xxx quads? Try THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Camporz?
yes mom.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 08:41 PM   #14
JasonPC

Weird I never had this issue with my Core 2 Quad (before my motherboard died).
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 07:12 AM   #15
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Man, i bumped up everything to High now and added 8xMSAA and I got about 50 - 60 fps in Harvest day.. amazing I so wish i could run supersampling in this game, it would look like the loading screens ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
So... are you using old drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Camporz?
I never usually camp, even when i have the GOL i run for flags and stick with my teammates to give them necessary covering sniperfire. I don't stay at 1 spot camping like most recon teams, that's why am so lethal to enemy players, and the whining continues
Old 01-21-11, 07:19 AM   #16
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Hey there fellow nvnewsers... I've been playing BC2 for a long time, and i always have struggled with the performance in this game. I upgraded from a E8400 to a Q9550 in order to get better framerates. I did not, and i've always been playing the game with 20 - 30 fps on maps like Arica, Panama, Atacama and Oasis... Today i took some time to check the CPU usage in the performance tab in Task manager, and i saw that my forth core was working at 90% while my other 3 cores were around 50 - 60% while playing. So i figured to try and disable the fourth core, said and done.. And back ingame and Baaah, what a difference, did 3 fast benchmarks on 3 minutes each in Arica with Fraps and the average fps was over 50 on all 3 benchmarks. . . So, if you like me got performance issues using the intel quad Q9 series, try it out. It might be a difference between night and day.

That's all i wanted to share. Thanks for reading
I have a Q9550 and a GTX260, when i had a E8400 i could get 19000 marks with 3Dmark06
When I changed to the Q9550 , my frame rate dropped by 3000 marks. I spoke abou tit at the time to other members who said that would be expected as the dual core chips are better for games. I don't know enough about it to be technical as to the whys of it.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 07:32 AM   #17
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
I have a Q9550 and a GTX260, when i had a E8400 i could get 19000 marks with 3Dmark06
When I changed to the Q9550 , my frame rate dropped by 3000 marks. I spoke abou tit at the time to other members who said that would be expected as the dual core chips are better for games. I don't know enough about it to be technical as to the whys of it.
Maybe because the 3dmark06 isn't optimized for quad-core cpu's and doesn't support it so well? And afaik the e8400 has a 3ghz speed and the q9550 has 2.83, therefor a game or application who doesn't take advantage of 4 cores would run slightly slower. Crysis is a good example, a e8400 should run slightly better than a q9550.
Old 01-26-11, 01:00 PM   #18
Burnt_Ram

i got tired of my Q6600 @ 3.4 struggling with BC2!!! so i upgraded both my comps to i5's and the issue is solved. however a C2Q above 3ghz SHOULD run it better, but for whatever reason they don't, i also found this to be true for black ops ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:17 PM   #19
mojoman0

yea I pushed my Q8300 to around 3.0 ghz and only got a few frames. was hoping for a tad more and never got completely stable so just said screw it. Vietnam also runs about 15 fps better anyways and thats what Ive been playing lately. Super smooth
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote