Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-24-11, 03:19 PM   #25
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: Rift

I'm in beta 5 which starts tomm I think. I'm hoping it's decent since I dropped my WoW account, and it closes this week.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 03:36 PM   #26
CaptnStubing

I have no idea if this will replace WoW. All I know is I am going to give it a shot when it comes out. Currently I'm hooked on Minecraft. I hate that stupid game so much but I can't stop playing it.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 06:36 PM   #27
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Wow much better than I was expecting so far and unbelievably amd already has xfire profiles for it so performance is great. I may have to buy this one.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 11:21 AM   #28
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Wow much better than I was expecting so far and unbelievably amd already has xfire profiles for it so performance is great. I may have to buy this one.
Yeah the game is fun. Nothing earth shattering but fun. It is also solid on it's stability. I didn't have any problems The biggest knock on the beta was the performance. I didn't notice any graphics performance problems and I'm not running at top of the line system.
Old 01-27-11, 11:17 AM   #29
Gregor976

I loved the commercial for it "We're not in Azeroth anymore." I'll probably give it a go. How much depth is there to the world?

I have been enjoying the new Azeroth lately though. It was like going back to something very familiar, but much better. It seems so polished from what I remember. Leveling some new alts right now. It's well worth it to me even if I play only 5 or 6 hours a month some months.
Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 12:39 PM   #30
Maverick123w

So far (I've only played 2 characters to level 7) it seems like a much more polished WAR if you played that.

It's one of those games I'm having a hard time figuring out why I really like it but I do. It's refreshing that the game doesn't live by cookie cutter classes. For instance I'm building a dps cleric and it actually seems viable.
Old 01-27-11, 04:46 PM   #31
CaptnStubing

Quote:
So far (I've only played 2 characters to level 7) it seems like a much more polished WAR if you played that.

It's one of those games I'm having a hard time figuring out why I really like it but I do. It's refreshing that the game doesn't live by cookie cutter classes. For instance I'm building a dps cleric and it actually seems viable.
I dunno, I didn't get any feeling that it was a polished Warhammer and that is what I like about it. It isn't Warhammer. I had such high hopes for that game. I would still be playing it if they got rid of their perpetual healing.
Old 01-27-11, 10:25 PM   #32
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I dunno, I didn't get any feeling that it was a polished Warhammer and that is what I like about it. It isn't Warhammer. I had such high hopes for that game. I would still be playing it if they got rid of their perpetual healing.
I dunno, the graphics and pve combat seem very much like WAR. So far I'm having a hard time finding the appeal. It's like WAR and WoW had a baby and named it Rift. Since I'm sick of both of those games I'm not sure what to think about it.

I've been in beta for months now and I don't think I've logged in more than once during any given test. Rifts are cool, but other than that (and I think they will get old fast) it just seems like the same old stuff we've been playing for years.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-11, 03:10 PM   #33
Maverick123w

Well I'm already having withdrawls. Definitely going to be purchasing this game to hold me over for TOR. Any ideas if there will be any more beta events?
Old 02-01-11, 01:51 PM   #34
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Well I'm already having withdrawls. Definitely going to be purchasing this game to hold me over for TOR. Any ideas if there will be any more beta events?
Next beta is on feb 4th

yeah this game is so much like WAR... rift has an older graphic engine (high bloom effect) with weird annimiation(bunny hopping when running?LOL).

First impression wasn't there.. i say nice skill system.. but too many makes you feel like a swiss army knife.. i still preffer Korean MMOs, less convoluted but little more grind.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 02:37 PM   #35
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirantha View Post
Next beta is on feb 4th

yeah this game is so much like WAR... rift has an older graphic engine (high bloom effect) with weird annimiation(bunny hopping when running?LOL).

First impression wasn't there.. i say nice skill system.. but too many makes you feel like a swiss army knife.. i still preffer Korean MMOs, less convoluted but little more grind.
I didn't think this game was anything like War. It doesn't look like it and doesn't play like it. The only things similar is the rifts that are like community quests. The rifts happen to be more fun and affect the local area more. Then you have the zone wide rift attacks. Those raids are a blast.

The reason I say it doesn't play like War is because War pissed me off on how it felt. This game doesn't have anything near the feel of War. The biggest similarity to War is that it uses the same graphics engine. Other than that it is a fun game that took almost all existing ideas and made them a bit better. I dont' think every game has to be completely new and revolutionary, Darsiders proved that doesn't need to happen to have a great game.

Korean MMOs are horrible. I'm not slamming what you like. I just happen to not like them at all.
Old 02-01-11, 08:02 PM   #36
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Korean MMOs are horrible. I'm not slamming what you like. I just happen to not like them at all.
That's what Age Of Conan has turned into..........................................

Anyways, I hope I get invited into the next beta event for Rift, wanna keep leveling my toon(s) to 30!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote