Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-31-11, 06:33 PM   #1045
sammy sung

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
There isn't any difference between PC gamers and console gamers save for a keyboard and mouse. They both act the same. Trying to pretend PC gamers are a higher form of gamer is silly.
+400 ****ing million.

Wow players are and have been for the 4 years i've played it among the rudest,most assenine brownnosing elitist assholes to grace the internetz.It's the same in most games though regardless of format, PC or Consoles, with wow for instance you just notice it so much more because of the massive number of people playing it.
Old 01-31-11, 10:55 PM   #1046
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
+400 ****ing million.

Wow players are and have been for the 4 years i've played it among the rudest,most assenine brownnosing elitist assholes to grace the internetz.It's the same in most games though regardless of format, PC or Consoles, with wow for instance you just notice it so much more because of the massive number of people playing it.
Oh I agree. WoW players are friking pathetic. For such a easy game to play they act as if they are doing something meaningful with their lives.

My point is there isn't much different between teh attitudes of the platforms
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 09:07 AM   #1047
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
+400 ****ing million.

You think this attitude is any different from the "brownnosing elitist assholes" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Just because you take the polar opposite point of view doesn't make it any less obnoxious. Most WoW players either play solo or with their friends. Many of them are perfectly civil and will be receptive to requests for help, grouping for dungeons, etc. All of the complaints you have made about the game stem from your own attitude and unwillingness to try to get along with other people.

Almost NO good guilds have a large group of members that act high-and-mighty or better than other people. Players you encounter who belittle you or act rudely for no reason are usually pretty awful themselves and should simply be ignored. The vast majority of the time they are simply trolls - same thing, ignore them. Unless you play on a very low population server, you just aren't trying at all to meet like-minded people to enjoy the game with.

If you're just burned out on the game or don't enjoy it anymore, just cancel your subscription and stop playing. No reason to whine about the community and make broad generalizations when you're talking about a very specific and vocal minority of players.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 10:52 AM   #1048
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You think this attitude is any different from the "brownnosing elitist assholes" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Just because you take the polar opposite point of view doesn't make it any less obnoxious. Most WoW players either play solo or with their friends. Many of them are perfectly civil and will be receptive to requests for help, grouping for dungeons, etc. All of the complaints you have made about the game stem from your own attitude and unwillingness to try to get along with other people.

Almost NO good guilds have a large group of members that act high-and-mighty or better than other people. Players you encounter who belittle you or act rudely for no reason are usually pretty awful themselves and should simply be ignored. The vast majority of the time they are simply trolls - same thing, ignore them. Unless you play on a very low population server, you just aren't trying at all to meet like-minded people to enjoy the game with.

If you're just burned out on the game or don't enjoy it anymore, just cancel your subscription and stop playing. No reason to whine about the community and make broad generalizations when you're talking about a very specific and vocal minority of players.

Try asking a question in a public channel and see what you get , read blizzards forum and deal with the selfappointed mini GM's that kiss blizzards ass every chance they get or play battlegrounds use the dungeon tool etc.A lot of people are elitist assholes in this game,you must play a different game or have half of your server on ignore to miss that fact.

Ignoring people helps to a certain extent but it doesn't affect what they are.If you play in a descent guild and have fun, good for you but as you seem to play this game more than the average (your post about playing level 85 heroics 3 days after the cata expansion release is a perfect example of that) your experiences will be different than mine.I have fun aswell but for different reasons, for me it's the company i keep while playing and not the game itself.How many times have you had to leave the trade channel because of the ANAL jokes for instance ? You can't ignore them all, it might be different on a US/aus server perhaps.

Other than that let's agree to disagree, k ?
Old 02-02-11, 12:40 PM   #1049
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:

Try asking a question in a public channel and see what you get , read blizzards forum and deal with the selfappointed mini GM's that kiss blizzards ass every chance they get or play battlegrounds use the dungeon tool etc.A lot of people are elitist assholes in this game,you must play a different game or have half of your server on ignore to miss that fact.
What don't you understand about "vocal minority"? Trade chat is nothing but trolls on every server. You'll notice it's often the same several players each day. You think that is representative of a large portion of the player base? How long have you been playing this game? How long have you been using the internet? Sure there are a lot of elitist assholes, and for each one, there are many more normal people (and many times they're perfectly good players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
Ignoring people helps to a certain extent but it doesn't affect what they are.If you play in a descent guild and have fun, good for you but as you seem to play this game more than the average (your post about playing level 85 heroics 3 days after the cata expansion release is a perfect example of that) your experiences will be different than mine.I have fun aswell but for different reasons, for me it's the company i keep while playing and not the game itself.How many times have you had to leave the trade channel because of the ANAL jokes for instance ? You can't ignore them all, it might be different on a US/aus server perhaps.
I play WoW 2 days a week - Wed and Thurs night, to raid. We raid 3 hours a night. That's six hours a week. Sometimes I'll log on to do a daily quest or level an alt a bit, but no more than 10 hours per week total played since the first week of Cata (when I did play a lot). When leveling alts I will run into non-guildies and random dungeon finder players, and most of the time they're successful runs. By the way it takes about 8-10 hours of played time to level from 80 to 85, not exactly a huge time investment.

I have never left trade channel or put another player on /ignore. I am a big boy and I can handle when people make ribald jokes or tasteless comments. I can take a total stranger criticizing me without it hurting my ego and making me emo-rage about it. I can enjoy this game despite the dregs of its player base because it's just a video game and there are plenty of fun things to do with it other than whine about the other people that play it.

I will not "agree to disagree" with you. It's your attitude that is causing all your problems, nothing more. Like I said, grow a pair, make some friends, and quit whining. You'll find the game is perfectly fun to play if you do. And, if you are just tired of playing WoW, cancel your subscription and don't play it. If your closest friends in the game are trade channel trolls, I wouldn't blame you for leaving.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 12:50 PM   #1050
sammy sung

I will not comment further, i don't agree with you but on the other hand i don't care what you think either.
Old 02-03-11, 11:01 AM   #1051
Yaboze

Guilds can shield you from the general public of WoW.

I agree with Sammy. If you have a guild (a functional one that raids), they put raids on the calendar, you sign up and all you have to do once at the level cap is show up, do the raid, log off and that's it. There's nothing else to do, really, except dailies...maybe.

That limits your interaction with the poor general populace of WoW. Guild members are "cool" and you only hang with them. You port right to the instance in most cases, so you don't even have to deal with all the zone chat.

Having to deal with idiots, for the rest of us, is part of the game and is one of the reasons I'm done with it.

The WoW community was horrible to being with and has only gotten worse.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 11:33 AM   #1052
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post

I'm nost sure if I'm in a different WoW game but this hasn't been my experience. Pretty much anything you do and your worth in the game is dependent on your gear score. If you are not decked out in purples you might as well sit at the back of the bus. This game is really bad. I had all chat turned off except for guild chat. Yet you go into a pug and it is 50/50 if you will get a group of assholes. I had a group try to torment me into leaving because my warlock had a mp5 dagger. It was all I could get at the time and was in there for another dagger. Then they stat watched me the whole time telling me I was terrabad, horrible a baddie, go kill my self. I just laughed. It didn't bother me but it was pathetic. They finally kicked me just before the final boss. Wasn't any big deal as I said I laughed at them. That type of experience is cery common in WoW pugs. Yes I did group with my guild 99% of the time but when you pug it is pathetic to see people act like that.

Even though the community there sucks it didn't bother me much. My point is how pathetic and uncivil gamers are and especially WoW gammers.

I don't play WoW any more not because of the community but because I lost interest in it.

The only game I've played that is worse in attitude is Global Agenda. The community there has to be all the rejected banned assholes from WoW.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-11, 06:46 PM   #1053
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

account canceled and expires on the 28th...I just hate I wasted $80 buying 2 copies of the xpac. I HIGHLY doubt I'll come back to WOW. I just don't find it fun any more. I might play if it were free, but in its current state the game is NOT worth $15 a month sub fee.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 07:33 PM   #1054
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
It was all I could get at the time and was in there for another dagger.
lawl what a baddie

I was doing extremely well when I quit. I was a bear tank for PvE and within a month of cata I was doing heroics without using CC anymore. In fact I started doing raid heroics just as I quit. I also hit 2300 rating in arenas.

I like the direction they are taking endgame content (e.g. heroics are no longer faceroll) but the middle game content, or that which you do while not raiding, was just getting so boring I couldn't stand it anymore.

World PvP took a turn for the worse once they started buffing the guards in the pvp hot spots. Basically the devs were just saying "We don't want you to world pvp anymore unless you go to one designated zone called Tol Barad." Bleh. Can't gank in faction cities because the guards just rip you apart. Can't gank in neutral towns for the same reason. IMO they may as well just make all servers PvE servers. I only did arena just to get gear for world pvp, so there was not really any reason to do arena anymore. Same thing with BG's which I got really tired of.

Overall the game is just pants now, not for me anymore.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 11:59 PM   #1055
K007

I stopped WoW after we had ulda on farm status and my dk was already on his final tier set items (collected all), then i got bored and i quit -.-

but one thing to note is..during weekdays the guild i was in was very pro, so we raided on nights 2-3 hours. we leave sat/sun for anything we want to do...on sat/sun nights we might clear the rest if we haven't....

i lost interest when they killed lich king/arthas.

Waiting for WoW 2.0 with engine updates/etc...and i mean an actual engine update...not some lame dx11 features /etc lol.

I was on blackrock pvp !

for the HORDE!...

lol i still have my warrior who hit HWL pre tbc ^_^...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 10:10 AM   #1056
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I started playing this again for a few months earlier this year and returned to my usual casual guild. We were just starting to clear the 10 man dungeons when I once again realised I had a second job farming, grinding and raiding. So I packed the bloody thing in again.