Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-18-10, 05:00 PM   #37
mojoman0

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Battlefield 3 EA's Big Focus in 2nd Half of the Year [ Comment ]
Saturday, 18 December, 2010 at 13:52 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
If there was any doubt that Battlefield 3 is coming in 2011 then this should clear it up. EA CEO John Riccitiello said that Battlefield 3 is their "big focus" in the second half of the year. Any bets for a holiday 2011 release? Thanks BF-Games.

Riccitiello continued, questioning Activision's leadership and Treyarch's ability: "This management team started with this goal really two and a half years ago and our first entry really was Battlefield: Bad Company, and you’ll see a lot about Battlefield 3 next year, which I think is, at least from our perspective, designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot. I don’t know that having two guys that probably don’t play the games, in the form of the CEO of Vivendi and the CEO of Activision, come out and say 'Treyarch is our lead developer,' like you could anoint that. They didn’t make a 90-rated game; I think it’s 86 now. I don’t think review scores are the be-all, end-all, but we all know a mid-90 when we see it, but this was mid-80s. I don’t think you could anoint them by an executive saying, 'it’s so.' The question, I think, really is, 'what developer is going to put forward the next great FPS that sort of follows [what Infinity Ward did]?” It’s wishful thinking, and let’s hope for Activision’s sake they’re right. I think it’s far from proven that the gaming consumer views a product from Treyarch in the same category as a product from what was Infinity Ward."

As for EA's continued assault on the shooter category, Riccitiello added that "next year we’ll make a lot more progress. We’ve got a couple of third-party games in the form of Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm, and then our big focus is Battlefield 3 in the second half of the year. I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision]."
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=163963
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 10:09 PM   #38
GullyFoyle

Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011

Quote:
Electronic Arts promises new game announcements.
January 10, 2011, by Jim Reilly

Electronic Arts will unveil Battlefield 3 this March.

The publisher confirmed to the media it will host an unveil event for the game on Mar. 1, 2011, taking place during the week of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Additionally, EA says it will also have new game announcements as well as hands-on time with many upcoming titles, including: Shadows of the Damned, Alice Madness Returns, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Crysis 2.

Those who purchased the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor this past fall received an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. Details about the beta's release date have not been announced.

Battlefield 3 is expected to ship in 2011.

Be sure to check back with IGN for all the latest from GDC.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:40 AM   #39
ShiningArcanine

After the mess that they made with Battlefield 2, I really do not expect them to get Battlefield 3 right. I don't see why people are interested in continuing to hand EA money.

Does anyone remember the trailers for Battlefield 2 that showed awesome features that never went into the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv1qbuNA1ys
ShiningArcanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 08:04 AM   #40
GullyFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningArcanine View Post
After the mess that they made with Battlefield 2, I really do not expect them to get Battlefield 3 right. I don't see why people are interested in continuing to hand EA money.

Does anyone remember the trailers for Battlefield 2 that showed awesome features that never went into the game?

Apparently, even if DICE "messes up", they can still create one of the most popular and longest enduring games of all tme.

What's that popular saying about pizza and sex?
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 03:49 PM   #41
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

BF2 was awesome, and I never really quit playing it until BFBC2 came out. If Battlefield 3 uses BF gamestyle with BC2 destruction, rankings and updated graphics it will easily be the best FPS ever made. If you give me more than 80+ player servers then I'll need a paper towel to wipe the drool off my chin.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 04:37 PM   #42
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
BF2 was awesome, and I never really quit playing it until BFBC2 came out. If Battlefield 3 uses BF gamestyle with BC2 destruction, rankings and updated graphics it will easily be the best FPS ever made. If you give me more than 80+ player servers then I'll need a paper towel to wipe the drool off my chin.
QFT, I'd be happy with 64 tho considering how much is going on in Frostbite. Also it will sell half as many copies as cod and be 4x the game, although more and more people are fed up with cod especially with the botched launch of Black Ops
Old 01-13-11, 01:45 AM   #43
jlippo

I wonder if theres a dynamic day transitions.
They dont bake lighting anymore, so it should be possible.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 08:04 AM   #44
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningArcanine View Post

That's funny. I love seeing old video game graphics/gameplay.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-11, 06:43 PM   #45
mojoman0

Default Battlefield 3 GameInformer Cover

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...lefield-3.aspx

Its modern. This is going to be the best online fps EVER. read it here

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

Quote:
GameInformer posted the cover for their March issue, which features Battlefield 3. The article states the Battlefield 3 website will go live tomorrow (as we guessed) along with a teaser trailer.

Take a look:

Quote:
The franchise that revolutionized online multiplayer for PC games is back.

In our world-exclusive cover story, Game Informer unveils the first numbered entry in the Battlefield series since 2005. Many longtime fans are wondering, "what took so long?!" DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up. Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 "the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games."

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Frequent the Battlefield 3 hub throughout the month of February for more exclusive features about the highly anticipated shooter coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.
Old 02-03-11, 07:48 PM   #46
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9
Default Re: Battlefield 3 GameInformer Cover

CoD who ?

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 08:02 PM   #47
de><ta
prodigy

Jets & 64 player servers.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 08:03 PM   #48
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Needs action missiles.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote