Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-11, 09:24 AM   #73
Ghost girl
1.7% woodscrews.

Default Re: Accelero XTREME Plus for GTX 480

My new GTX580 arrives tomorrow. Prepare for benches and pics of the card with the AC Xtreme Plus.

The goal is to get to 1ghz.
Ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 09:29 AM   #74
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost girl View Post
My new GTX580 arrives tomorrow. Prepare for benches and pics of the card with the AC Xtreme Plus.

The goal is to get to 1ghz.
Make sure to create a new thread for it so your info doesn't get lost in this old thread. Looking forward to your results.
Old 01-21-11, 10:49 PM   #75
Ghost girl
1.7% woodscrews.

Got my card, overclocks like a monster. 970mhz @ 1.15v on stock cooler.

No thermal adhesive for my heatsink, see you next week. :<
Old 01-23-11, 06:37 AM   #76
Shocky

Still can't find anywhere to buy the heatsinks in the UK, cooler I can find but its useless without GTX480 heatsinks.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 01:37 AM   #77
Ghost girl
1.7% woodscrews.

I noticed that the vreg heatsinks raise up and do not make contact with these chips.

What are these, anyway? Would it be dangerous to not give them any cooling?

Old 02-04-11, 11:42 AM   #78
Shocky

Installed this cooler on my GTX580 today so im curious about that Ghost girl, but everything seems fine so far, keeping load temps below 60C with a 900/2100 overclock.

Needs more voltage to do 950 or more, limited to 1.138v.

Is it worth flashing the card to unlock higher voltage?
Old 02-04-11, 12:47 PM   #79
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky View Post
Installed this cooler on my GTX580 today so im curious about that Ghost girl, but everything seems fine so far, keeping load temps below 60C with a 900/2100 overclock.

What are you using, afterburner?

Just curious. I think AB limits itself according to the built in (bios) voltage protection, so you probably would have to flash it. Ghost girl can answer to that better than I can. Good luck with the overclocks on it.
Old 02-04-11, 10:48 PM   #80
Ghost girl
1.7% woodscrews.

Quote:

You'll need to flash your BIOS. Its really a simple affair. I don't want to be responsible for any damages to your card so I won't tell you anything specific myself, but I can give you this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336117

Once my thermal adhesive arrives, I'll have tons of new content for you gents. My card is flashed for 1.213v, and can do 900mhz at stock voltage. This card is going to be great once I get it set up.

Old 02-06-11, 11:32 AM   #81
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost girl View Post
You'll need to flash your BIOS. Its really a simple affair. I don't want to be responsible for any damages to your card so I won't tell you anything specific myself, but I can give you this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336117

Once my thermal adhesive arrives, I'll have tons of new content for you gents. My card is flashed for 1.213v, and can do 900mhz at stock voltage. This card is going to be great once I get it set up.
I flashed it the other day, unlocked voltage and fan control, my card needs around 1.088v for 900 core.

I'm actually not too sure about this cooler, getting some weird artifacts now again even at stock.

If it carrys on I'll probably remove it.
Old 02-07-11, 09:20 AM   #82
grey_1

Quote:
I flashed it the other day, unlocked voltage and fan control, my card needs around 1.088v for 900 core.

I'm actually not too sure about this cooler, getting some weird artifacts now again even at stock.

If it carrys on I'll probably remove it.
Just curious if you had the artifacts prior to the flash or voltage changes. Different beast, but my 480 does not like it's voltage being monkeyed with, not even a little.
Old 02-07-11, 09:58 AM   #83
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Just curious if you had the artifacts prior to the flash or voltage changes. Different beast, but my 480 does not like it's voltage being monkeyed with, not even a little.
I never noticed any before the flash but I never played Civ V , the artifacts are very specific to Civ V and for some reason the catherine diplomacy screen, random flashes kind of like memory artifacts, yet eveything else seems fine, it's weird as I can play Crysis, Metro 2033 and let the Heaven benchmark loop endlessly and I get no artifacts.

Could try flashing back to the stock bios just to rule it out as the possible cause, but I don't see how just unlocking voltage and fanspeed would cause it.
Old 02-07-11, 10:03 AM   #84
grey_1

Quote:
I never noticed any before the flash but I never played Civ V , the artifacts are very specific to Civ V and for some reason the catherine diplomacy screen, random flashes kind of like memory artifacts, yet eveything else seems fine, it's weird as I can play Crysis, Metro 2033 and let the Heaven benchmark loop endlessly and I get no artifacts.

Could try flashing back to the stock bios just to rule it out as the possible cause, but I don't how just unlocking voltage and fanspeed and cause it.
I don't have that game Shocky, so I can't test myself, but a quick google on "Civ V artifacting" shows this a pretty common issue. It might just be that game. I'm at work atm so don't really have time for an in depth search, but it may just be the game.