Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-08-11, 04:25 PM   #37
skank
Smeg Head

Default Re: Treyarch dev says “negative” gamers the biggest problem facing the games industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
I buy games that appeal to me. When the price is right, I'll buy any decent game on the market. The last FPS that I bought was Bad Company 2, and I bought it 1 month before release date because I knew it was going to be amazing due to the Beta. Guess what? I was right!

I bought a ton of games during Steam's holiday sales. Why? Because the price was right, the reviews were wonderful, and I had the money to spend. I bought Minecraft after I test-drove it on my Fiance's account. Why? Because it offered an addicting platform for creation and innovation. I didn't buy Call of Duty: Black Ops. Why? Because it is a half-assed, overpriced piece of garbage on the PC. Ever think about why the Wii has been such a success on sales? It's because it was innovative during a time where the game industry was populated by violent, disgusting garbage that was getting stale. I'm not saying the Wii is as a good a platform as other systems, but it definitely broke the sales records of the PS3 and RRoD Box. You couldn't find those things in stock at retail chains for a year or 2. For a system that's 1/3 as powerful as its competitors, that's pretty epic.

Am I the hypocrite? I could care less about those Call of Duty boys that will buy anything that includes a gun, a few ranks, and some ****ed up multiplayer system populated by whiny 12-year-olds. That's not me. I purchase games that are going to entertain ME, because at the end of the day, if we're not having fun, what's the point? Not everybody thinks the same way as me, but then again, most gamers are console boys between the ages of 10 and 20. To them, CoD:BO is the better than sex. It's people like THAT that's driving the industry down... not us.
"Couldn't care less". Seriously bugs me. Think about what you are writing.
Old 02-08-11, 06:59 PM   #38
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Default Re: Treyarch dev says “negative” gamers the biggest problem facing the games industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Totally agree. mixing this up makes you sound like a 12 year old kid who knows how to use big words but doesn't know what they mean exactly.
Old 02-08-11, 09:41 PM   #39
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
Totally agree. mixing this up makes you sound like a 12 year old kid who knows how to use big words but doesn't know what they mean exactly.
So the Big Man calls me out on my post because I accidentally posted something that wasn't politically correct? And that's ALL you post??? What I find even more amazing than your awesome ability to dissect my entire post and nitpick it apart is your uncanny ability to sum it up into 1 sentence that is nothing more than a feeble attack on my intellect... and then you don't post on the topic at hand... and now, you expect us to believe that you're smart because you said I "sound like a 12 year old kid who knows how to use big words but doesn't know what they mean exactly." If you want me to go further, you didn't capitalize "Mixing", you didn't add an "I" before "Totally agree", and you didn't hyphenate "12-year-old."

I'm not usually condescending towards other members that post on this forum, but seriously... go **** yourself bud. I fixed my original post just for you, sweetheart. I hyper linked it, too, just to make sure you get the credit for pointing out the terrible travesty that I have committed towards the English language. I've already burned my college degree, too. I don't deserve it considering how badly I fail at the English language, even if it is just a post in a thread in a section of a forum on the internet that is designated for discussions about games and their corresponding developers. I had no idea we were actually at school and being graded for proper grammar and our ability to be politically correct.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 03:02 PM   #40
XDanger
Whaaat?

Old 02-09-11, 05:37 PM   #41
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Bingo.

The older gamers look like whiners because we remember how it used to be. Meanwhile the new kiddies today just play whatever **** is fed to them. I remember old school PC gaming, and I remember old school console gaming. Console gaming has gotten much better over the years and PC gaming has almost gone backwards imo.
Agreed 100%

Lets look at some of the best games of the modern Era shall we.

Doom
Half Life
Quake II
Half Life 2
Quake III
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Call of Duty + United Offensive
BF 1942
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Command and Conquer Gold, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, and Red Alert II
GTAIII, VC and SA
Mass Effect
CSS
Rome Total War
FarCry

Notice most of these games, and just a small fraction of the good ones, are 2004 or older?

We get crap now, COD whatever, the last decent attempt was World at War, and COD4 while some liked it failed to impresse me with COD2+Modern Weapons.

Medal of Honor tanked after Allied Assault, granted i enjoyed PA and Airborne but im a rarity there.

I love innovation, thats what drew me to Airborne, I like story, thats why I played Mass Effect, and I love good single player thats why FarCry and Half Life are there as big ones that stick out. What I don't want is to play the same game every year, give me something new, stick to established rules we've had but twist it up, change it up a little. IT doesn't have to redifine the market, but something, anything please.

I find myself playing older games alot these days, Beat MOH:AA and Half Life over the weekend, why because they got it right, but I played BC2 SP and beat it in 4 hours same with the new MOH.

Yea the 16yr olds won't complain, they don't remember when the PC market meant something, but the rest of us, we where here for it, we had our 2 golden ages, 1998 and 2004, but now we get stuck with crappy console ports that are half ass'd, the same game with new guns, and prettier lighting, and utter garbage for storylines.

Devs should give us an epic again, thats what we need a real true epic.
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote