Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-10-11, 04:16 AM   #73
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: gtx590 release?

ATI 6 series are a horrorshow for drivers if your going Crossfire. Don't do it. Seriously, I cannot say enough how much grief you will go through.

You will spend more time messing with Radeon Pro than actually gaming. If you only intend to play the odd new title, then great... you like your Arma 2s and such you will suffer it.

Make a list of the games your mainly interested in right now, then check out the forums. For future games, think a month ahead of release date for ATI get to their blasted CAPs working correctly.

That's just how it is.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 12:06 AM   #74
Beavermatic

so i went ahead and bought the evga superclocked 580.

I guess if the 590 comes out within the next few weeks I can do stepup to that if it need be.

I will add I see entirely wayyyyy tooo much bickering about AMD vs. Nvidia. Seriously, what is this, 2011? I thought we got over this crap years ago.

They are both great card manufacturers. One is never any better than the other... One week this guy is faster, the next week that guy is faster.
One has the better price today, one has the better deal tommorow.

I personally have bought nvidia since 3dfx dropped out years ago. They've never let me down, and ive never had a problem with their product, support, or pricing. So I stick with them. I have no problem with AMD, and I like what they also have to offer. But no reason for me to switch at current time.

Buy whatever makes you happy and leave it at that, geez.
Beavermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 01:44 AM   #75
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavermatic View Post
so i went ahead and bought the evga superclocked 580.

I guess if the 590 comes out within the next few weeks I can do stepup to that if it need be.

I will add I see entirely wayyyyy tooo much bickering about AMD vs. Nvidia. Seriously, what is this, 2011? I thought we got over this crap years ago.

They are both great card manufacturers. One is never any better than the other... One week this guy is faster, the next week that guy is faster.
One has the better price today, one has the better deal tommorow.

I personally have bought nvidia since 3dfx dropped out years ago. They've never let me down, and ive never had a problem with their product, support, or pricing. So I stick with them. I have no problem with AMD, and I like what they also have to offer. But no reason for me to switch at current time.

Buy whatever makes you happy and leave it at that, geez.
Awesome choice i'd say, this EVGA stuff is great. First time i've ever bought anything made by them and the build quality is top notch.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 01:53 AM   #76
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
ATI 6 series are a horrorshow for drivers if your going Crossfire. Don't do it. Seriously, I cannot say enough how much grief you will go through.

You will spend more time messing with Radeon Pro than actually gaming. If you only intend to play the odd new title, then great... you like your Arma 2s and such you will suffer it.

Make a list of the games your mainly interested in right now, then check out the forums. For future games, think a month ahead of release date for ATI get to their blasted CAPs working correctly.

That's just how it is.
Lolololololololololololol
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 02:04 AM   #77
Beavermatic

@peoples-agent

Yep, im loving it! huge improvement over my gtx280!!

I may jsut stick with the gtx580 too... might not bother with stepup.

I just built a new rig:

coolermaster stacker case
intel extreme dp67 mobo
intel i7 2600k, and clocked it at 4.0ghz
evga geforce gtx580 superclocked
used a 1000w bfg power supply from my previous system
Saitek Eclipse III keyboard
my trusty logitech g5 gaming mouse
Speedlink Medusa 5.1 gamer headset running on my onboard audio
shiny new Samsung 27 inch 1080p monitor, 1ms and hdmi
16gb [9.9.9.24] micron DDR3 ram
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
2 x Western digitial black 1tb 64mb/6bps SATA drives, plus a 750gb 6gbps spare drive for shiggles
bluray burner/dvd burner sata drive of some sort

runs like a dream!!!! very proud of it: I was just playing crysis warhead, farcry 2, dead space 2, GTA 4, COD: Black Ops, battefield bad company 2.... all at 1920x1080 and everything maxed, 16xq AA.... couldnt get it to chug or even stutter.
Beavermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:09 AM   #78
Muppet

Hmmmm

http://vr-zone.com/articles/geforce-...ers/11215.html

NVIDIA_DEV.1244.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti"
NVIDIA_DEV.1083.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590"

We spotted two very interesting entries in the latest 266.7x beta drivers which imply the launch of the GeForce GTX 590 and GeForce GTX 550 Ti cards are nearing. GeForce GTX 590 is a dual GF110 GPU solution with 3GB GDDR5 memory while GTX 550 Ti is based on GF116-400, comes with 1GB GDDR5 memory. Sporting a dual slot solution, the GTX 550 Ti reference design looks very much like its GTX 560 Ti counterpart with Dual DL DVI-I and a mHDMI port.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote