Old 02-18-11, 02:58 PM   #2
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: What OS is better.

'Droid. Very customizable.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 03:04 PM   #3
Bearclaw

Easily between iOS and Android. I have a iPhone and I would probably say Android. Customization simply destroys iOS. Also, notifications and maps. Apparently Apple is completely re-doing maps and notifications for the next iOS but for now iOS is behind Android given those features.

As far as BBM goes, it is HORRENDOUS. Same with W7.
Old 02-18-11, 03:44 PM   #4
Bman212121

guessing this won't even be close...

If you are okay with letting someone else configure your phone exactly how they think is best, then you'll love the iphone because everything is done for you. If you want to be able to change features on your phone and do things differently then you'll want android.

Still interested in Windows phone. It might just be a stop gap though to Windows 8 if that is going to support ARM. Maybe they will unify the desktop and mobile OS along with XNA support for games. Used to really like Windows mobile on my pocket pc. Seems like that device could do so many things at the time.

I don't think BB has anything to really say I want a phone with that OS on it. Last phones I played with were Torch 9600s and it's really a bummer to lose the touchscreen once you're used to it.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 04:06 PM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

voted for droid, used few droid phones, but only owned one Galaxy S, sold it because of horrible GPS.

Have a new droid on the way, Motorola Atrix

But I still love my little Windows Mobile 6.5.3 HTC Fuze (Touch Pro), GPS with TomTom is excellent on it, very accurate.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 04:32 PM   #6
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Android..... love the customization, but I wish it flowed and ran as smoothly as iOS.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 04:44 PM   #7
CaptnStubing

I like iOS but love Andoid. The biggest reason why I tend to not buy Apple products is you have to use it the way they "intended" you to use it. Companies like Android (if it is a company) make the product and you get to use it the way you want. They just provide the platform. Apple is so condisending and snarky with their poducts. They treat their products as if they are gifts from the Jobs almighty. No they are just another good product out there for us to choose from.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 05:05 PM   #8
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i have had ios and android for extended periods of time.

ios all the way. i do IT work for a living and i have zero interest in customizing, flashing or otherwise modding my phone. i dont care.

just work and thats all i ask. ios ftw
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-11, 05:19 PM   #9
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I voted for iOS for two reasons:

1) Apps. iOS is king of apps right now and there is no denying it. Android is second best but they still have a ways to catch up.

2) Speed. I bought my Droid in 2010 when Froyo was about to come out and I loved the speed of Android. However Froyo ruined that for me. My phone became extremely slow after a few days of use. This forced me to root my phone and try out a custom ROM, which in a way I'm really glad it happened. I put UltimateDroid on my D1 and it's faster now than stock. But I really shouldn't have to do this and technically void my warranty to get the speed I want out of my phone.

After checking out my co-workers VZW iPhone 4, downloading and running apps like a madman, it never once slowed down or goofed up on me. I'm heavily debating on getting an iPhone next year when my contract runs up. We will just have to see what the Android army has to come up with between now and then.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 05:28 PM   #10
Q

WebOS.

Crappy phones, superb OS.

I think Apple comes next for 95% of the population. Not for me. I like being able to do an SSH tunnel and then RDP. Do terminal work remotely. It's great for me as a work device.

The iPhone is just so polished. The games are so much better. It just feels like a finished device. I love my Droid Incredible, but my wife isn't too thrilled with it.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 08:44 PM   #11
Roliath

I like when I connect my phone to my macbook pro, music/photos get synced and my contacts, notes, bookmarks get sycned over mobileme. To top it off I didn't have to change anything in my workflow (aperture/itunes/mail.app/contacts.app) for it to work as well as it does.

iOS is just easier to use and I don't have to **** with **** for it to just work. iOS gets my vote, and no i'm not a fanboy.

EDIT: OUT OF THE BOX -> iOS wins. If you want to talk about rooting(custom roms)/jailbreaking take that elsewhere
Old 02-18-11, 10:00 PM   #12
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Out of the box, WinMo 7 wins. It is the smoothest of the operating systems and has widgets that work well and is quite simple and easy to use.

Otherwise, Android has to be the best all around OS

iOS sucks outside of it's smoothness. No widgets, no customization, locked down in pretty much every respect and very in-elegant in overall design, not to mention you are FORCED to use iTunes, one of the worst pieces of bloatware out there, to synch your device and have a retarded file-management system.

Fwiw, widgets/live apps > iOS locked down b.s.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote