Google Android 17 62.96%
Apple iPhone OS 7 25.93%
BlackBerry OS 0 0%
Microsoft Windows Mobile 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-11, 01:28 PM   #13
Rakeesh

Default Re: What OS is better.

FWIW if you really want iOS look and feel, you can have it on android. All of it. Including the benefits of android, such as widgets and yet more customization.

Just goes to show you how scalable android truly is. Personally I like Cyanogen mod, but if iOS is your thing, there's MIUI.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 01:35 PM   #14
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
WebOS.

Crappy phones, superb OS.

I think Apple comes next for 95% of the population. Not for me. I like being able to do an SSH tunnel and then RDP. Do terminal work remotely. It's great for me as a work device.
You can do all of that on android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I like when I connect my phone to my macbook pro, music/photos get synced and my contacts, notes, bookmarks get sycned over mobileme.
You can do all of that over wifi on android, or wired, your choice Even sync with itunes over wifi. Though I personally hate itunes as its a bloated piece of garbage, you have a choice of using that or something else. Note that somebody tried to make this possible with iphone, but apple rejected it for some reason. Google doesn't reject anything on android however.

That's another nice thing about android is ALL apps are available from ONE app store. On iphone you have to jailbreak and get half of your apps from cydia, other half from apple app store. On android regardless of whether or not the app requires root, it can be made available on the android market.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-19-11, 08:16 PM   #15
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
You can do all of that on android.

You can do all of that over wifi on android, or wired, your choice Even sync with itunes over wifi. Though I personally hate itunes as its a bloated piece of garbage, you have a choice of using that or something else. Note that somebody tried to make this possible with iphone, but apple rejected it for some reason. Google doesn't reject anything on android however.

That's another nice thing about android is ALL apps are available from ONE app store. On iphone you have to jailbreak and get half of your apps from cydia, other half from apple app store. On android regardless of whether or not the app requires root, it can be made available on the android market.
I wasn't aware of any mobileme sync apps or even an aperture/itunes sync app on android. What are their names, I know someone who can benefit from those.
Old 02-19-11, 11:07 PM   #16
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
I wasn't aware of any mobileme sync apps or even an aperture/itunes sync app on android. What are their names, I know someone who can benefit from those.
Here's one:
http://mobiputing.com/2010/03/how-to...e-with-itunes/
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 11:02 AM   #17
Yaboze

I voted iOS because of the Apps and it just seems smoother, faster. Every Android phone I have played with, including the Evo and Samsung seemed sluggish and buggy and even their owners said so.

Great hardware on these phones and the Samsung OLED screen is amazing but they scrolled and swiped through screens rather sluggishly.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 12:15 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I voted iOS because of the Apps and it just seems smoother, faster. Every Android phone I have played with, including the Evo and Samsung seemed sluggish and buggy and even their owners said so.

Great hardware on these phones and the Samsung OLED screen is amazing but they scrolled and swiped through screens rather sluggishly.
Most of the apps that supposedly are smoother and faster were probably developed on iOS first and then ported over. Native Android apps don't really have this issue.

iOS certainly does have a little more polished feel to it, but it doesn't compare to WinMo 7 honestly. Having played around with WinMo, I have to say, Microsoft did a fantastic job with the overall "feel" and smoothness. My pet peeves with iOS (lack of widgets, customizability, ability to change things around and all that) still exist, especially widgets.

And STILL no Flash
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 02:20 PM   #19
ViN86

Easily Android is better than anything out there. If you jailbreak your iOS it's a close second. But if you don't jailbreak it is a ****ty hand holding OS that gives no freedom to its users.

I have a rooted Droid X and a jailbroken ipod touch running iOS 4.1.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 02:40 PM   #20
Rakeesh

Quote:
There are three that I know of (four if you count my preferred method, which isn't automatic, but works well for my purposes,) and maybe more.

The first one is winamp, which does itunes sync (and I think non itunes as well) and has even a really nice player, and handles all of the wifi sync from top to bottom. Best of all, it's free. I'm not certain if it does any additional itunes libraries (e.g. photos, videos) but it may as it claims full itunes sync:

http://www.winamp.com/android

Another one is called TuneSync, which is a non-itunes alternative, and I think costs $2.99:

http://highwindsoftware.com/

And lastly is doubleTwist, which syncs all itunes libraries, including music, pictures, podcasts, videos, and some other stuff that itunes does. I think this one is $4.99.

http://www.doubletwist.com/

Personally my preferred method is to setup my phone with a samba share, and access it by simply opening up the start menu and typing \\jjdphone and I immediately get access to my sdcard contents, where I can just drag and drop files at will. No special programs to run or anything, and I can do it from any computer (even mac or linux) so long as it is on the same wireless network. Or I can even use my phone to create a wireless network, complete with internet access over the 3g network, that the computer can connect to.

Old 02-21-11, 01:53 PM   #21
AthlonXP1800

I voted Android, it will be my next phone. I almost went for iphone 5 but now firmed on Android after found out from my mate complainted he heard nothing from me months ago after send text asked me to stay at his place overnight. I told him I not received his text about stay overnight so text probably be lost and I asked him is sms delivery report enabled? He said iphone dont have it and dont have backup of texts, I was absolutely dismayed at it after researched and confirmed on internet.

Ever old ancient and new Symbian OS, Android, WebOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 all has SMS delivery report as standard excepted IOS.

WHY DO IOS DONT HAVE SMS DELIVERY REPORT???

Without it, here no way to know when sms successful sent, failed or in queue.

I will stick with itouch, will never buy a iphone ever until Apple implement SMS delivery report into IOS.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote