Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-11, 08:07 PM   #433
Albo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 3,633
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Really you guys are getting those problems in VMWare? VMWare creates a fake computer for the software to run on. It's supposed to bridge your mouse and keyboard as a USB mouse and keyboard.
We'll its not working at all for me.

I guess its back to VirtualBox. The only thing wrong with it, is the mouse is jittery. :/
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 08:19 PM   #434
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
@SIx - I tried and used Chrome for a long time. Didn't like it. Needs a lot of work.
What's wrong with Chrome?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 09:50 PM   #435
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Really you guys are getting those problems in VMWare? VMWare creates a fake computer for the software to run on. It's supposed to bridge your mouse and keyboard as a USB mouse and keyboard.
Only time it didn't work for me was when I hit it on accident and it unplugged.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 09:13 AM   #436
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Only time it didn't work for me was when I hit it on accident and it unplugged.
Oh ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
We'll its not working at all for me.

I guess its back to VirtualBox. The only thing wrong with it, is the mouse is jittery. :/
That's really strange. You try seeing if other people have the problem via Google?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 01:38 PM   #437
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

I got 10.5.7 working almost flawlessly on my laptop last night. Battery, ethernet, CPU management, USB, sound, KBM (even volume buttons) all work. Only problems were WiFi didn't work (no driver available), and there was a problem with ACPI and video out. I am going to check it out some more tonight and see if I can get it all going minus the WiFi. Then I can just pick up a WiFI Mini PCIe card for about $20 and it should work natively.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 01:52 PM   #438
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I got 10.5.7 working almost flawlessly on my laptop last night. Battery, ethernet, CPU management, USB, sound, KBM (even volume buttons) all work. Only problems were WiFi didn't work (no driver available), and there was a problem with ACPI and video out. I am going to check it out some more tonight and see if I can get it all going minus the WiFi. Then I can just pick up a WiFI Mini PCIe card for about $20 and it should work natively.
Dude that's awesome! What are the specs on your laptop? Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 02:12 PM   #439
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Dude that's awesome! What are the specs on your laptop? Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen.
Well, I got ****y and tried a 10.6 install which didn't work.

I plan on rebuilding my 10.5.7 install tonight. I will put up some pics when I get it going.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 02:38 PM   #440
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Well, I got ****y and tried a 10.6 install which didn't work.

I plan on rebuilding my 10.5.7 install tonight. I will put up some pics when I get it going.
Haha. Nice one.

What are your lappy specs?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-11, 03:32 PM   #441
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Nice! Post some pics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:14 PM   #442
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread







Hardware:

Dell D630c
Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 @ 2.6GHz
4GB DDR2-667
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:22 PM   #443
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

d00d. their is a BEAR in yur picture.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 10:46 PM   #444
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

Glad you got it working man! How is the performance so far?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official GeForce GTX 670 Review and Discussion Thread MikeC NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series 23 10-28-12 10:19 AM
Official nForce 2 Thread Matthyahuw CPUs, Motherboards And Memory 148 04-16-03 04:39 AM
Official Linux driver 1.0-3123 thread bammbamm808 NVIDIA Linux 126 12-05-02 06:21 PM
Official Grand Theft Auto 3 thread volt Gaming Central 6 08-01-02 07:04 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.