Default Re: iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
NVM NVM
+1
Old 03-05-11, 08:13 PM   #63
waterproof mp3

Apple should have at lease made the iPad 2 more lighter because holding an iPad for more than 30 minutes can really put a strain on your hands.
waterproof mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:15 PM   #64
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof mp3 View Post
Apple should have at lease made the iPad 2 more lighter because holding an iPad for more than 30 minutes can really put a strain on your hands.
It is lighter.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 05:01 AM   #65
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

They should have made mp3 waterproof so I can listen to my music in the shower. Apple Lossless is waterproof.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 07:38 PM   #66
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

This guy's rant basically is the main reason I do not currently have an iPad and am looking at Android for my next device.

Fwiw, he does a LOT of Apple reviews and a number of cases I have purchased over the years are after checking his channel so he's clearly not a "hater"
Old 03-06-11, 08:55 PM   #67
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
This guy's rant basically is the main reason I do not currently have an iPad and am looking at Android for my next device.

Fwiw, he does a LOT of Apple reviews and a number of cases I have purchased over the years are after checking his channel so he's clearly not a "hater"
I do agree with his rant and the fact that iOS notifications appear to be pretty crappy. Apple should have and do a better job with iOS and I've thought that since day one. I'm not real thrilled that they are trying to force some of the iOS features and designs into Mac OS X Lion (10.7) but easily enough, those features can be disabled, turned off or just not used.

Apple may have turned on the smartphone revolution but they also need to realize some of the mistakes they are making. This isn't saying that Android is any better, it's still pokey slow IMO, even the custom ROMs. I would LOVE to see OS X running on the iPad2, that would be amazing.

I think (and I hate to say this) Apple will eventually have the same OS running on all of there devices and computer one day; WebOS is looking to go down this road and I don't think it's a good idea. They probably think that you should have the same experience on your smartphone just like you do on your MBP. No way. I don't want my laptop/desktop dumbed down to iOS-like standards/functions/whatever. If it comes to that, you can bet I'll ditch Apple for Linux in a heartbeat.

/rant
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 10:18 PM   #68
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I do agree with his rant and the fact that iOS notifications appear to be pretty crappy. Apple should have and do a better job with iOS and I've thought that since day one. I'm not real thrilled that they are trying to force some of the iOS features and designs into Mac OS X Lion (10.7) but easily enough, those features can be disabled, turned off or just not used.

Apple may have turned on the smartphone revolution but they also need to realize some of the mistakes they are making. This isn't saying that Android is any better, it's still pokey slow IMO, even the custom ROMs. I would LOVE to see OS X running on the iPad2, that would be amazing.

I think (and I hate to say this) Apple will eventually have the same OS running on all of there devices and computer one day; WebOS is looking to go down this road and I don't think it's a good idea. They probably think that you should have the same experience on your smartphone just like you do on your MBP. No way. I don't want my laptop/desktop dumbed down to iOS-like standards/functions/whatever. If it comes to that, you can bet I'll ditch Apple for Linux in a heartbeat.

/rant
From a business point, I guess having full control over everything and forcing the user to go through your marketplace means a lot more revenue and that is probably what they are looking at.

Old 03-07-11, 04:27 AM   #69
Airbrushkid

I'm one of those people that like the way the iPhone and iPad is. All this stuff he rambles on about, I do on my PC and laptop. That's what there for. My phone is a phone that's what it is with some options.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 10:34 AM   #70
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
There's some new deal for $529 or something at Sam's or Costco.

Google it, I think it's still active.

My friend got his on Thursday and I have to say, Honeycomb is quite nice. The interface is butter-smooth and the widgets are pretty sweet. The form-factor is also not bad, smaller than I thought it would be.

He mentioned the OS is still a work in progress, as it is the first release for Honeycomb, but overall he liked it a lot better than his rooted 2.3.2 on his Evo.

The browser was also quite nice but, I have to say, I am definitely looking forward to the new update with Flash enabled.

-edit-

Here's the link I saw online for the pricing

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/03/w...ring-539-pric/
I guess I'm a little late to the party. I was looking for this on their (Sam's Club) website, and they don't even have them any more.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 12:10 PM   #71
CaptnStubing

iPad2, now more absorbent.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 12:48 PM   #72
Runningman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
iPad2, now more absorbent.
You think this version will actually contain my heavy "flows" that I have been having? the last one didn't seem all that good...
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote