Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-01-03, 10:06 AM   #13
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinJim
I used to play FFVII with the Numeric Keypad. After a few hours, I could play entirely one-handed, which allowed me to use my left hand for... actually, I don't think I ever found a use for it. Maybe I waved at people who came into my room
Or was it, "TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA AERIS TIFA YUFFIE TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA!"
Old 12-01-03, 10:12 AM   #14
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Oh, and if you have an Xbox, you can make your own Xbox controller adaptor for the PC. All you need is an Xbox controller extension cable and a USB cable and you just splice the wires togeather. The drivers for it are suprisingly good (especially considering they're user-made!). Might be a bit cheaper to do that then it is to get a pre-built controller adaptor (since I got a Best Buy discount, it only cost me $5 total to make the cable). I've heard it works quite well for FFXI, since it's the same amount of buttons and a similar configuration to the PS2.

It is odd that they made the game so controller-oriented...I'm suprised you people aren't screaming "consolitis"
My friend says he previously could never have envisioned a PC game that's easier to play without the mouse, but somehow FFXI managed to do that. Ahh well, I might borrow it from him to try it out, it sounds like he's gotten bored with the game and he still has the rest of his month's subscription left. What server are most of you guys playing on?
It's basically a console port. I'm on Kujata server, btw. Red mage named Marqus.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-03, 10:44 AM   #15
St Lobus

Send a message via ICQ to St Lobus

I'm playing on Caitsith with my wife. I'm a Mithran Thief named Reechani.
Old 12-01-03, 01:01 PM   #16
PenguinJim

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Or was it, "TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA AERIS TIFA YUFFIE TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA TIFA!"
You know me so well of course, none of them compare to Cloud in a dress.

Of only the Numpad were on the left-hand-side of keyboards
PenguinJim is offline   Reply With Quote