Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-11, 02:14 PM   #1
newphreak

Unhappy ION 64bit drivers makes xbmc segfault

Hi.

I have this annoying little bug that makes xbmc segfault when i start playback of movies. It Comes and goes somewhat randomly. How would i go about to catch backtrace or logs for nvidia devs on this?

I have tested 32bit os aswell, and then the problem disapears, so ive pinned it down to be a 64bit bug atleast.
I have an ION2 GT218 card.

Here is some info from xbmc thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=86685

xbmc devs have all sent me here, as xbmc segfaults different places each time it's not xbmc that initially crashes.

Im clueless please help me..
newphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 12:26 PM   #2
Stephen Warren

Default Re: ION 64bit drivers makes xbmc segfault

The XBMC developers or forums are the best place to find out how to get a backtrace from XBMC. Once you get one, feel free to post it here, and we can tell if you looks VDPAU-related. Thanks.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 12:33 PM   #3
newphreak

Well, i have done that already, and they sent me this way, it's somehow related to "adjust display refresh rate to match video". If i disable that it doesnt make xbmc segfault.
And as xbmc segfaults at weird and random places each time, the devs there told me to go here. So here i am. Somehow i guess it relates to vdpau/nvidia 64bit drivers doing other refresh rates then 60hz. So is there a way i could debug those drivers when it crashes?
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (96.3 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by newphreak; 02-16-11 at 12:58 PM. Reason: ran nvidia-bug-report.sh
Old 02-21-11, 06:35 PM   #4
newphreak

bump
Old 02-22-11, 03:49 AM   #5
piotro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newphreak View Post
Well, i have done that already, and they sent me this way, it's somehow related to "adjust display refresh rate to match video". If i disable that it doesnt make xbmc segfault.
And as xbmc segfaults at weird and random places each time, the devs there told me to go here. So here i am. Somehow i guess it relates to vdpau/nvidia 64bit drivers doing other refresh rates then 60hz. So is there a way i could debug those drivers when it crashes?
Hi,

FYI: I'm using 270.36 since it's begining. Previously I used 270.16. My sys is AsRock 330Pro (ION1). Sys is my own distro based on minimyth compiled on 64bit arch. I'm using mythtv git20110218 for SD/HD TV playback and BluRay playback. My sys is autoswitching refresh rates for 24, 30, 50 & 60Hz. So far no single issue.
My exierience is 270 series are so far best nv vdpau enabled drivers I'm used (beginning with 180.06).
Congrats Nvidia !!!!
piotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-11, 08:42 PM   #6
newphreak

To set a few things straight, as my first post was sloppy. This is an ion2 related problem, and it's known in the xbmc forum. Many users have this problem, but moving to 32bit solves the problem. So most users have taken the easy workaround. But i would rather want the bug fixed. However it's not xbmc itself that crashes. It always crashes at weird and nonrelated places im being told by the dev for playback in xbmc.
It's while starting video's it's crashing, sometimes the problem disapears, other times it crashes 10 times in a row.

As you wanted backtrace, here is one stephen.
http://pastebin.com/i0Hgjbk2

Other logs and stuff could be found at xbmc's trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10885
Old 03-13-11, 03:33 PM   #7
newphreak

bump??
Old 03-13-11, 04:37 PM   #8
jcornwall

That backtrace doesn't look like a crashed program. All the threads are asleep. Hell, gdb even successfully detaches from it afterwards, so it's still running just fine.

I'm not sure what you're hoping NVIDIA will do with this, but bumping the thread won't achieve anything.
jcornwall is offline   Reply With Quote