Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-24-11, 12:19 PM   #109
Sean_W

Default Re: Official Crysis 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowk View Post
Wow, for PC gamers you guys are real hypocritical. If it was PC only you would buy day 1.

But if multi platform... Forget it. I will personally enjoy it today once finished from steam.
Doesn't matter. Crytek consistently lied and they still haven't said anything to the community. They even lied to console gamers, saying CE3 would have proper destructible physics.

The gameplay my well be better but the game is ultimately a let down for the PC community, compared to what we had 4 years ago.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 12:46 PM   #110
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Doesn't matter. Crytek consistently lied and they still haven't said anything to the community. They even lied to console gamers, saying CE3 would have proper destructible physics.

The gameplay my well be better but the game is ultimately a let down for the PC community, compared to what we had 4 years ago.
Yes that game we got from them 4 years ago still looks better than this one, but its always fun to kick some new breed of alien ass in my city

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 12:57 PM   #111
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post

Come on, Sean... you can do far better than that... I mean...

Do you need all the bell & whistles to be playing a game? Don't take me wrong... it would be absolutely ok to play with all effects and everything maxed out but so what if the physics engine doesn't really allow for 'proper'? I don't know anyone (up to date, that's it) who spends even... 5% of their time destroying things just to play with the physics part of a game engine, because you're missing the best part of the game... the game itself

And, anyway, even with your machine you should be able to obtain a decent gameplay at it (maybe not at 'hardcore' but hey, close to it), so... what's the big deal?

/2cents
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 01:16 PM   #112
Airbrushkid

I'll get it. But not till I can find it for at lease $50.00. Not $60.00. And don't really care about DirectX 11, not much there in the first place.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 03:16 PM   #113
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Come on, Sean... you can do far better than that... I mean...

Do you need all the bell & whistles to be playing a game? Don't take me wrong... it would be absolutely ok to play with all effects and everything maxed out but so what if the physics engine doesn't really allow for 'proper'? I don't know anyone (up to date, that's it) who spends even... 5% of their time destroying things just to play with the physics part of a game engine, because you're missing the best part of the game... the game itself

And, anyway, even with your machine you should be able to obtain a decent gameplay at it (maybe not at 'hardcore' but hey, close to it), so... what's the big deal?

/2cents
Why would you buy a product from a company who lets you down or promises things they don't deliver? They called the PC community pirates and delivered something sub-par to 4 years ago in the graphics department, less settings, no editor.

Console gamers use this excuse of gameplay matters, but it's the whole package that matters and Crysis 2 doesn't deliver, considering how they showed off their engine. It's just like Epic did and UT3 was a total disaster, only later did they somewhat repair it with patches.
Old 03-24-11, 03:30 PM   #114
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
I'll get it. But not till I can find it for at lease $50.00. Not $60.00. And don't really care about DirectX 11, not much there in the first place.
If DX11 is implemented correctly then it's much better than DX9. DX10/11 can give deeper texture detail and higher performance. Far Cry 2 was a good example of this, where DX10 mode performed at a high frame rate with more detail. Combine that with CUDA and PhysX and you and a much better game experience with your new GPU.
Old 03-24-11, 04:12 PM   #115
Pennyboy

When I am first heard about Crysis 2 I was very excited, expecting it to be a PC only game. Then I heard Crytek were releasing it for consoles, thats when I become a little concerned but I don't blame the developers for doing that as they want to make as much cash as possible, wouldn't you?
Then I heard DX11 was a patch (afterthought) which I doubt will increase visuals even when it is released as the game has not been designed from the ground up with it. Battlefield 3 will require DX10 or DX11 so I have confidence it will be done right!
Gameplay is important to me of course but i am a sucker for good graphics, anyway unlike Crysis the game has not pushed any boundaries and it is obviously has disappointed many of us PC gamers.
Its a shame really and I will wait until it drops in price, its not a must have game for me like say FO New Vegas was. You would think Crytek would come out and say something about DX11 etc at least talk about what or where they are going with the DX 11 patch. I bet it is never even released, especially if sales are poor on the PC version.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 05:31 PM   #116
red777star

I just got retail copy, hard core. This game is good. I am not sure what are you guys bitching about.
red777star is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-11, 05:32 PM   #117
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

A guy posting on the Steam forums has created a little graphics tweak app.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1807934

People seem pretty happy with it so far.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 06:11 PM   #118
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Played the game a bit more last night at a friends place. Actually, played it a lot more. Finished it in fact.

Finally impression: Half Life 2 with a weak story line and no gravity gun.

My buddy pointed it out to me... said he thought it was a rip off of HL2. I thought he was nuts. I got to the part where you have some marines helping you and one of them yelled "DROP SHIP!!!" and I was totally

The game is better in the fact that you don't spend loads of time running around looking for the next 4 soldiers to fight. Other than that my opinion is still the same... They need to replace the opening splash screen with "Under Achieved with CryEngine 3"

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 06:26 PM   #119
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
Played the game a bit more last night at a friends place. Actually, played it a lot more. Finished it in fact.

Finally impression: Half Life 2 with a weak story line and no gravity gun.

My buddy pointed it out to me... said he thought it was a rip off of HL2. I thought he was nuts. I got to the part where you have some marines helping you and one of them yelled "DROP SHIP!!!" and I was totally

The game is better in the fact that you don't spend loads of time running around looking for the next 4 soldiers to fight. Other than that my opinion is still the same... They need to replace the opening splash screen with "Under Achieved with CryEngine 3"
That just solidifies my decision. Bargain bin only...or never...
Old 03-24-11, 07:19 PM   #120
aka47

I only registered here to share my displeasure in Crytek.

I upgraded my PC for two games Civ % and Crysis 2 in december.

Sure i f 'd wanted to I could buy a console or two, but I want immense graphics not console crapware.

no DX11 no money from me - i had only planned two games this year C2 and BF3.

We all know that the patch will not cut it. DX 11 must be implemented on the ground lvl to take desired effect. Patching it will only boost GFX somewhat while degrading VASTLY performance.

A man waits for something that was supposed to be better than anything on the market and gets bitterly disappointed.

Crytek instead of being Industry leader goes mainstream follower. Not the way to go.

btw - who needs DX9 anyway?!
aka47 is offline   Reply With Quote