Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-11, 02:23 AM   #25
AthlonXP1800
Registered User
 
AthlonXP1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,352
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
One change that is very noticeable is my sig. With IE8 it looked to be bold, now in IE9 it isn't bold at all. It almost makes me feel ashamed at the lack of boldness.
At least my pink hat still looks just as nice with IE9.
Well I opened IE9, Chrome 10, Firefox 4 RC, (IE8 and Firefox 3.6.15 on VMware) and compared all of them. All of them were the same with words in your sig like OS: etc were very bolded.
__________________
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 12:47 PM   #26
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

anybody have a good ad blocker for ie9?
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:11 PM   #27
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

I just installed this today and am very surprised. The beta lasted about 2 days before I ripped it out of my rig and killed it.

I see a lot of complaints about fonts and though I've noticed a couple of changes so far, they're all easily readable.

Speed - blows FF away.

Though I won't use it I like the pin feature too for sites I may research something on then dump later - just much easier.

And for some odd reason the ads aren't near as bothersome as they are when using FF.

So far so good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:29 PM   #28
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I just installed this today and am very surprised. The beta lasted about 2 days before I ripped it out of my rig and killed it.

I see a lot of complaints about fonts and though I've noticed a couple of changes so far, they're all easily readable.

Speed - blows FF away.

Though I won't use it I like the pin feature too for sites I may research something on then dump later - just much easier.

And for some odd reason the ads aren't near as bothersome as they are when using FF.

So far so good.
Does it have that "lightweight" feel? It always seemed to bog down my system when using it, etc.

I haven't used IE since.... I don't even know when - Maybe IE6? I have such a bad image of it, I immediately refute it when a new version comes out but this one seems solid. I'll certainly try it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:37 PM   #29
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Does it have that "lightweight" feel? It always seemed to bog down my system when using it, etc.

I haven't used IE since.... I don't even know when - Maybe IE6? I have such a bad image of it, I immediately refute it when a new version comes out but this one seems solid. I'll certainly try it.
I know what you mean - it doesn't feel as snappy as chrome, but it isn't heavy and bloated feeling either. I'm still tinkering with options and preferences, but the overall feel is just smooth...Not a fan of IE here either But I'm liking this.

Oh, I did have trouble with 64bit flash installing, so I just went with 32 and it's working fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:52 PM   #30
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

I've been rocking IE9 since the beta and I've been very pleased thus far.

Then again I was also a fan if IE8 and IE7 so I may not be the best judge.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 08:50 PM   #31
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I've been rocking IE9 since the beta and I've been very pleased thus far.

Then again I was also a fan if IE8 and IE7 so I may not be the best judge.
I liked 8 as well, but it never had FF's functionality. So far I'm plenty comfortable using this. It just feels strange not telling noscript what to do

EDIT: I do like the protections 9 has in place...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:06 PM   #32
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I liked 8 as well, but it never had FF's functionality. So far I'm plenty comfortable using this. It just feels strange not telling noscript what to do

EDIT: I do like the protections 9 has in place...
I'm way too basic to get into add ons to be honest.

I just fire it up and go pretty much. Probably why IE appeals to me. It's there right from the very time I install windows and it works right out of the box.

Now some people, like my bro for example, LOVE FF specifically for the add ons. He's obsessed with themes and, I have to admit, has FF quite tricked out where it looks rather cool. Just not for me is all.

Took some time to get used to IE though... no real toolbar or anything. Got the address bar to the left, then your tabs, and off to the far right your home, favorites, and tools button. VERY minimalistic, but likely why I find it so appealing.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-11, 09:32 AM   #33
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I liked 8 as well, but it never had FF's functionality. So far I'm plenty comfortable using this. It just feels strange not telling noscript what to do

EDIT: I do like the protections 9 has in place...
Yea that's the part that gets old quick though. I ended up turning no script off cause I got tired of making exceptions all of the time.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:52 AM   #34
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Yea that's the part that gets old quick though. I ended up turning no script off cause I got tired of making exceptions all of the time.
It does get old quick. What was good to see in IE9 was the easylist availability though. I think with my limited browsing habits I won't have much to worry about. Haven't even searched for available adblockers yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 09:14 PM   #35
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

I can't believe this is rapidly becoming my default browser. I hate IE.

So far it's got FF beat in every way but ad ons, but I'm not missing them a bit. Yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 09:29 PM   #36
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Microsoft finally signed off IE9 RTM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I can't believe this is rapidly becoming my default browser. I hate IE.

So far it's got FF beat in every way but ad ons, but I'm not missing them a bit. Yet.
I've been trying to use FF4 over the weekend and I'm starting to like it again. FF isn't as fast as Chrome, but it handles Flash video a little more smoothly. As for IE9, I won't start using it until I can use it for work.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.