http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

?????
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:26 AM   #2
Sean_W

Default Re: CRYSIS 2 DX11 PATCH TOMORROW

hmmm, will it be DX10 as well? I don't see why it should be DX11 only. More config options as well in the menu.

This is why I'm holding off buying the game. I won't be buying it until I see such a patch.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:28 AM   #3
Logical

Yeah for patching in DX11, booo for still using DX9 in the first place and booo that DX10 won't be 'patched' in. The game is a fail for the PC and i hope it gets the award for most pirated game of 2011.

As much as i am against piracy, Crytek deserve that award...money grabbing, console bumming devs to lose.

Rant over
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:48 AM   #4
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Yeah for patching in DX11, booo for still using DX9 in the first place and booo that DX10 won't be 'patched' in. The game is a fail for the PC and i hope it gets the award for most pirated game of 2011.

As much as i am against piracy, Crytek deserve that award...money grabbing, console bumming devs to lose.

Rant over
Yea that will really inspire devs to spend more money on PC development.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:53 AM   #5
Redeemed

I'm still not getting this game till it hits the $45 mark. Great thing about waiting that long- is all the patches will be out and it'll likely be a much better game by that time.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 11:07 AM   #6
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea that will really inspire devs to spend more money on PC development.
You really think that it will make a difference ? People that wont buy the game wont buy the game...it doesn't matter if they pirate it or not..Crytek and EA will lose out either way, which for the neglect of the PC platform they fully deserve it.

Makes me laugh how many devs are quick to blame poor sales on piracy instead of blaming it on how badly they developed the game....then we get 's on forums justifying dev's decision...Now thats retarded.

Common sense says if they developed a good game then people would 'buy' it because it would be worth a purchase....bad games are not purchased they are left on the shelf or pirated, of course you get the scum bags who pirate purchase worthy games but at the end of the day a good game = better sales....

Old 03-27-11, 11:07 AM   #7
INear

Aren't the graphics processor in the consoles still dx9 class chips and why it's harder for them to do dx10 and dx11 when doing cross platforms.

Main PC : Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz ■ Asus P6X58-E WS ■ G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1600 ■ 2 x evga GTX 570 SSC SLI ■ Dell 3007WFP ■ Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ■ Lite-On 24x DVDRW ■ Ultra X4 1200 Watt ■ Custom Liquid Cooled
HTPC : Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz ■ Asus P5Q Pro ■ Corsair TWIN2XMS2048-8500C5 ■ Asus EAH4670 HDMI ■ AVerTVHD Duet ■ AverMedia A180
2 x WD5000AAKS RAID 0 ■ Sony BWU-100A BDRW ■ Samsung 18x DVDRW ■ Ultra X3 600 Watt ■ Cooler Master Centurion 590 ■ Custom Liquid Cooled
INear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 11:11 AM   #8
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:

Rant over
That's the base many devs take to justify migration to the console realm, so the more you complain and think like that, the more you give them a valid reason to abandon PC gaming, so yeah... keep up the 'good' work.

We already know you're up for piracy, so... anything new to say? If not, shut up your <insert your favourite non-respectable word here> mouth

And now, back on topic...

I don't get why all that hate against developers... first people cry about not having DX11 and now we're supposedly getting it, you're crying about not having... DX10??? Hahahahahaha oh, god... tell me that's a joke...

But well... we live in a (relatively) free world, but I think you're getting things wrong... very wrong... Me buying the most expensive graphics card with support for the latest API doesn't necessarily means the developers HAVE TO include that kind of support... Me whining about it 365 days a year doesn't mean I'll get what I want.

And ranting or directing that hate towards the console realm is even more pathetic and inmature... hey, at least they're doing what we're supposed to do... enjoy their games, and not babble about 'OMG this POS doesn't support my GTX 590 SLI setup die developers die!' and similar crap.

Grow the f*** up
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-11, 11:13 AM   #9
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by INear View Post
Aren't the graphics processor in the consoles still dx9 class chips and why it's harder for them to do dx10 and dx11 when doing cross platforms.
Crytek developed console version foremost then ported it over to PC. The DX11 patch (if it does see the light of day) wont be anything special like the effects seen in the unigine DX11 benchmark.

The game is based on hardware that is 5 years old and software that is brand new...Cryengine 3 therefore is capable of a hell of a lot more than we saw in Crysis 2.
Old 03-27-11, 11:15 AM   #10
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
That's the base many devs take to justify migration to the console realm, so the more you complain and think like that, the more you give them a valid reason to abandon PC gaming, so yeah... keep up the 'good' work.

We already know you're up for piracy, so... anything new to say? If not, shut up your <insert your favourite non-respectable word here> mouth

I don't get why all that hate against developers... first people cry about not having DX11 and now we're supposedly getting it, you're crying about not having... DX10??? Hahahahahaha oh, god... tell me that's a joke...

But well... we live in a (relatively) free world, but I think you're getting things wrong... very wrong... Me buying the most expensive graphics card with support for the latest API doesn't necessarily means the developers HAVE TO include that kind of support... Me whining about it 365 days a year doesn't mean I'll get what I want.

And ranting or directing that hate towards the console realm is even more pathetic and inmature... hey, at least they're doing what we're supposed to do... enjoy their games, and not babble about 'OMG this POS doesn't support my GTX 590 SLI setup die developers die!' and similar crap.

Grow the f*** up
I dont pirate games you imbecile and get a clue before you post BS k thnx.
Old 03-27-11, 11:17 AM   #11
Redeemed

Quote:
You really think that it will make a difference ? People that wont buy the game wont buy the game...it doesn't matter if they pirate it or not..Crytek and EA will lose out either way, which for the neglect of the PC platform they fully deserve it.

Makes me laugh how many devs are quick to blame poor sales on piracy instead of blaming it on how badly they developed the game....then we get 's on forums justifying dev's decision...Now thats retarded.

Common sense says if they developed a good game then people would 'buy' it because it would be worth a purchase....bad games are not purchased they are left on the shelf or pirated, of course you get the scum bags who pirate purchase worthy games but at the end of the day a good game = better sales....

You have a partially valid point but I think it's more of an honor thing, a standards thing. My POV is if it's not worth me buying it then it's not worth my time invested playing it. If it is worth the time invested in playing it, then it's worth my money. If I don't agree with the current price, I'll wait till it drops to what I believe it should be.

I can't understand the logic- time is far more valuable than money. So a pirate says a game is worthy of their immensley valuable time to play a game, but not worth their money?

Honestly the whole argument of "pirating because it's not worth buying" is nothing more than a lame excuse and an attempt to justify stealing. How can it not be worth the less valuable thing (money) but worth the more valuable thing (time)? The logic does not add up.

Sure, some might say time isn't more valuable then money. To those I'll say they're ignorant and irresponsible and that they do not have their priorities straight.

In which case this could quickly turn into a morality debate but in the end it stands true that such rationale as "it's not worth my money so I pirate it" is nothing more than a feeble attempt to justify and make right and act which by it's very nature is wrong in it's entirety.

Not worth your money? Then it most certainly isn't worth your valuable and precious time- thus do not play it at all.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 11:23 AM   #12
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post

Grow the f*** up
The simple fact is that if Crysis 2 sold 50 million copies on the PC, the 5 million who pirated it, Crytek would even give a crap about.

The console version was on the torrent sites and was leaked even before the PC version. You simple cannot put an argument up that more people pirate on the PC than the console, both pirate, end of story. The difference is, that developers turn a blind eye to console piracy because they get more sales.

Also, people will buy the game if they plan on playing MP because most games don't even let you play MP without a valid key.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote