Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-11, 06:56 PM   #13
mojoman0

Default Re: Crysis 2 PC pirates can play online!

I think the pc version is just a couple months behind, seems to be the M.O. for EA games, but patches usually fix things up
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:56 PM   #14
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
You must not have been a PC gamer for long if you are surprised by this news. It was only a matters of time . . . in this case seconds or hours.
Crytek would have to be morons to allow something like this to happen, the unreal tournament franchise had their own master servers since 2003 until they screwed it up with gamespy for UT3. The master server prevented people to play online with pirated software and without a legit copy you couldn't play competetively since statstracking was done serverside. I have no idea why they abandoned the system for UT3 but then again that game killed the franchise anyway. Gamespy is garbage imo, part of it is some wannabe steam but with less functionality.
How can you even release a game today with a multiplayer component without proper authorization software serverside ?
Old 03-27-11, 09:24 PM   #15
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Crytek would have to be morons to allow something like this to happen, the unreal tournament franchise had their own master servers since 2003 until they screwed it up with gamespy for UT3. The master server prevented people to play online with pirated software and without a legit copy you couldn't play competetively since statstracking was done serverside. I have no idea why they abandoned the system for UT3 but then again that game killed the franchise anyway. Gamespy is garbage imo, part of it is some wannabe steam but with less functionality.
How can you even release a game today with a multiplayer component without proper authorization software serverside ?
Agreed. You would figure that these game devs would come up with a way to at least keep the pirates out of MP, especially when they complain about piracy like they do. But then again, hackers and pirates will find a way around the "system" one way or another. There is just no denying the fact.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 10:08 PM   #16
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
if you are buying crysis 2 for the multiplayer,

Before I bought the game I would have said so too, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I've played it quite a bit and I never even touched the MP for the first two games.

Quote:
You must not have been a PC gamer for long if you are surprised by this news. It was only a matters of time . . . in this case seconds or hours.
Actually it should come a surprise, because the vast majority of multiplayer games don't allow you to play online with a pirated copy. At least not without using a secondary matchmaking system.

The fact that Crytek doesn't even validate their own CD keys is just one more failure in a long list of them where Crysis 2 is concerned.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:27 AM   #17
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
You must not have been a PC gamer for long if you are surprised by this news.
Compared to some no .... I started playing online games in early 2003.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:56 AM   #18
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Before I bought the game I would have said so too, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I've played it quite a bit and I never even touched the MP for the first two games.

Actually it should come a surprise, because the vast majority of multiplayer games don't allow you to play online with a pirated copy. At least not without using a secondary matchmaking system.

The fact that Crytek doesn't even validate their own CD keys is just one more failure in a long list of them where Crysis 2 is concerned.
This

Allmost looks as the pc version was released as an afterthought, from what's reported the leaked beta had better adaptation and even the editor but for some odd reason they reconsidered and scrapped it . I have to think there was financial reasons for this but deliberatly hamstringing the PC version, not even implementing cd key validation is just laying the foundation for them to be able to blame lack of sales on pirating. It's idiocy and to me it looks like they just want an excuse to get out of PC development to focus on consoles.
Old 03-28-11, 03:35 AM   #19
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

In the long run, if Crytek want to get out developing for PC....let them. Just seems absolutely illogical that that keep "fixing" to get out of the PC gaming market. I just have this to say "Don't let the door your ass on the way out". Each to their own.

I suspect for console dev..takes a lot less time and expertise and of course less headaches as they are closed systems

Plenty more left to take their place with hopefully more innovative ideas! and hopefully launched through steam as i prefer this platform over CDs and DVDs (personal preference)
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 03:42 AM   #20
K007

this is really stupid....i mean really really stupid...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-11, 10:56 AM   #21
JohnDio

A patch will be released later this week that will include some improvements to Crysis 2′s security
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:04 AM   #22
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Wow, retarded Crytek didn't even bother with any MP anti-piracy measures. Either they didn't think it was worth it or it just show how much work they put into the PC version.
It should be in the first patch released some day ago (1.1)
Old 03-28-11, 11:08 AM   #23
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
In the long run, if Crytek want to get out developing for PC....let them. Just seems absolutely illogical that that keep "fixing" to get out of the PC gaming market. I just have this to say "Don't let the door your ass on the way out". Each to their own.

I suspect for console dev..takes a lot less time and expertise and of course less headaches as they are closed systems

Plenty more left to take their place with hopefully more innovative ideas! and hopefully launched through steam as i prefer this platform over CDs and DVDs (personal preference)
Yeah. I'm really considering calling them 'Retardtek' from now on.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:19 AM   #24
ViN86

Devs cut corners to meet deadlines. Apparently they think it's better to release a half finished game and patch it rather than go over the deadline.

I mean, it's a Catch 22. You release late, you get blasted, you release on time but the game's not finished, you get blasted. Honestly, I'd prefer the former. I can wait an extra week or two. I am sick of incomplete games being released and paying $60 to beta test their game before they patch it.

Most recent half-assed launches: Bad Company 2, Black Ops

Black Ops is the worst launch game I can remember. It was so buggy and unoptimized. It was ridiculous.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote