Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-28-11, 11:14 AM   #61
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: CRYSIS 2 DX11 PATCH TOMORROW

The community is already out for their heads...If they haven't said anything official, they'd better at least say something today if they have no intents to release anything today.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:28 AM   #62
jkmetal

At first I convinced myself that I could care less about Crysis 2. But reading this thread I realized that a small part of me does care. Dx11 is the only thing holding me back from buying this game and these rumors of payolla, dishonesty by crytek and the limitations of Crysis 2 are really leaving me with a feeling of disappointment. I don't get disappointed about a games release or the final product often, if ever.

What the hell are they waiting for? For people to rush out and blow $700 on an impractical epeen extender when my 460 can handle this game. Crytek must be starved for money if this is true. I personally don't believe this whole "no dx11 until 590 released or no dx11 without a 590". I m more inclined to believe that Crytek had a deal to delay the patch so there wouldn't be too much of a difference between the console and pc versions. Its known that console games either sell fast right away or not at all. PC games tend to have more steady sales. Its even possible that no outside force has had a hand in this and Crytek is simply cashing in with the console for the next few weeks and then letting lose their benchmarking tool.
Old 03-28-11, 11:31 AM   #63
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmetal View Post
At first I convinced myself that I could care less about Crysis 2. But reading this thread I realized that a small part of me does care. Dx11 is the only thing holding me back from buying this game and these rumors of payolla, dishonesty by crytek and the limitations of Crysis 2 is really leaving me with a feeling of disappointment. I don't get disappointed about a games release often, if ever.

What the hell are they waiting for? For people to rush out and blow $700 on an impractical epeen extender when my 460 can handle this game. Crytek must be starved for money if this is true. I personally don't believe this whole "no dx11 until 590 released or no dx11 without a 590". I m more inclined to believe that Crytek had a deal to delay the patch so there wouldn't be too much of a difference between the console and pc versions. Its known that console games either sell fast right away or not at all. PC games tend to have more steady sales.
I'd like to have dx11, but it's not an absolute requirement.

That said, I would like the game to be complete for my chosen platform before I spend mah cash on it.
Old 03-28-11, 11:32 AM   #64
mojoman0

Quote:

"No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine."
Mycrysis.com
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:35 AM   #65
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I'd like to have dx11, but it's not an absolute requirement.

That said, I would like the game to be complete for my chosen platform before I spend mah cash on it.
Its a requirement for me only because I loved the first Crysises (not a word lol) for their gameplay and later for their graphics. The multi player demo was fun and look fairly good, but I couldn't shake the thought of "what if" while playing it. How could can it look? I have other games to play but nothing to showcase. I d like a showcase as much as a game. Right now, if all Crytek is offering is a game, I'll continue to play and finish whats on my harddisk.
Old 03-28-11, 11:53 AM   #66
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick420 View Post
The demo ran fine with physx but the game didnt? LOL you have got to be kidding,that game was a masterpiece,both ran perfect here(except scarecrow level-with my hardware anyways)I had to drop physx to medium for that level then back to full for the entire game You need to ditch that 250,it has NO horsepower dude
lol it has more power than one of your 8800 gt's so if anything tell him to get another one

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...800_gt_us.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...ts_250_us.html
Old 03-28-11, 12:02 PM   #67
wysiwyg

NO DX11 patch=

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewt...p?f=40&t=15962

EDIT: Deleted.
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:20 PM   #68
grey_1

Quote:
No patch was ever confirmed, I have no idea why this website even posted such information. This thread is locked just the same as the others for trying to spread inaccurate information. When there are any big announcements regarding Crysis 2 they will be posted on MyCrysis, if you read something about a patch for example, but don't see it on MyCrysis.com, then it isn't genuine.

EDIT: From the link wysiwyg posted. I'll still get it once someone has a good sale.

Old 03-28-11, 12:51 PM   #69
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
The community is already out for their heads...If they haven't said anything official, they'd better at least say something today if they have no intents to release anything today.
They twitted that the DX11 is 'coming soon' (which basically means half a month at least).
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:58 PM   #70
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
EDIT: From the link wysiwyg posted. I'll still get it once someone has a good sale.
Direct2drive is having another 20% off sale by using the promo code "marchmadness". Dunno if that's about the price you are looking for or not.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:20 PM   #71
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Direct2drive is having another 20% off sale by using the promo code "marchmadness". Dunno if that's about the price you are looking for or not.
That's not bad, thanks! Look into it when I get home.
Old 03-28-11, 01:28 PM   #72
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
You being upset doesn't give you the right to break the law. Keep it to yourself.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote