Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-11, 07:10 AM   #1
News

Post Star Wars: Episode I to be converted in 3D by Prime Focus

Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) officially announced the company that they have selected after what they call an 'exhaustive testing process' to do the conversion from 2D to 3D for the first movie from the Star Wars saga and that company is Prime Focus. Utilizing Prime Focus' proprietary View-D process for the conversion the new release of the Phantom Menace is scheduled to hit 3D theater screens on February 10, 2012 is everything goes as planned. There is enough time for a really good conversion, so we can only hope that Prime Focus takes the time and does its job very well, because otherwise the relaunch of Star Wars Episode I in 3D can turn out to be a total disaster.
'It was incredibly important to me that we have the technology, the resources and the time to do this right,' said Star Wars creator George Lucas. 'I'm very happy with the results I've been seeing on Episode I.'

Prime Focus has worked on films such as Avatar, Shrek, Tron: Legacy, Narnia: Dawn Treader and most recently Sucker Punch. The extensive conversion process is being done under the close supervision of John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for ILM, and with the positive feedback from George Loocas who apparently sees very convincing results with the conversion to 3D we can hope for the best, but also prepare for the worst.

Related posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote