Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-04-11, 10:01 AM   #1
koledennix

Default HDMI output problems

I have an issue with hdmi output on my pc wit 8200m g.
The hdmi output works only with driver version less than 190 (in ms windows vista too).
Hdmi output doesn`t works with all drivers since 190, but with open-source driver nouveau - does - so i think the problem in the driver, not in cable or monitor.
I have tested this issue with Ubuntu (10.04 - 10.10) and Opensuse (11.3).

Say "hdmi does not work" i mean that:
1. In nvidia settings the second monitors is available with all correct options.
2. When I turn on second monitor in nvidia-settings - xrandr report correct resolution of two monitors and correct meta mode, i can drag windows on second monitor, but have no image on it. Monitor displays "No signal" message. Nvidia settings reports thats all fine.

PS.
I have written several messages with this bug report on linux-bugs@nvidia.com some time ago and have no answer.

Please help to solve this problem.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (53.3 KB, 85 views)
koledennix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 12:12 PM   #2
coolbooks2

Default Re: HDMI output problems

I have the same problem as you with my 8200m G card in my Hp G60 pc. However in my case the hdmi output works on first boot. If Xorg restarts for any reason (ie. logout) the hdmi output is gone. All I get is a blank screen. This happens in both Windows 7 and Linux with the latest drivers. This includes the beta driver on linux.
If I reboot the hdmi output comes back but this is a real pain. It means anytime I want to output to my tv I have to reboot the computer. It would be nice if this could be fixed.
coolbooks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 12:51 PM   #3
Licaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbooks2 View Post
I have the same problem as you with my 8200m G card in my Hp G60 pc. However in my case the hdmi output works on first boot. If Xorg restarts for any reason (ie. logout) the hdmi output is gone. All I get is a blank screen. This happens in both Windows 7 and Linux with the latest drivers. This includes the beta driver on linux.
If I reboot the hdmi output comes back but this is a real pain. It means anytime I want to output to my tv I have to reboot the computer. It would be nice if this could be fixed.
can you read http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 and generate a good report with the debug ( -logverbose 6 ) info as instructed after the issue appears ( blindly switch to a VT, log in, run nvidia-bug-report.sh ) ?
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 01:17 PM   #4
coolbooks2

Here are two bug reports. The one that says hdmi working I can see output on my tv after a inital boot and login. The second report was taken after logging out and logging back in. Here there is no picture on the tv. I was only able to get a verbose bug report for a working hdmi. When I log out of Xorg after the first login Xorg hangs. I can't return to console with ctrl alt f1 and the computer is not responsive. I did include the Xorg log after the forced shutdown in case it is helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report(hdmi not working).log.gz (48.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report(hdmi working).log.gz (47.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report(verbose hdmi working).log.gz (36.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (27.1 KB, 54 views)
Old 03-30-11, 04:54 PM   #5
danix
NVIDIA Corporation

Is this Nikolaj? Sorry we haven't responded to all of your e-mails: the problem is known and is being investigated.
danix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 06:45 PM   #6
coolbooks2

I'm not Nikolaj but the first poster may be. Thanks for the update on the problem. If you need any more info or have something to test let me know. Hopfully this can get fixed.