Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-11, 07:59 AM   #145
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I must admit it is getting old that video. They could have made something more original at least.
Heh- someone should make one where Hitler is complaining about becoming cliche and overdone.

Next up: A dubbed commercial where a guy says " The 590 is too hot!" and then 6 guys start yelling "WaaaasssssuuuupppppPP?!?!?!?" or an old lady that yells "Where's the beef?!" in our cavalcade of things no one should ever have to see or hear again.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 08:08 AM   #146
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by john19055 View Post
I am still dissapointed in both cards ,why could'nt they add a extra 8 pin power plug ,so that it would have plenty of power ,most people who can aford a GTX 590 or a HD 6990 already have a power supply with three 8 pin PCIe power plugs.They already new the spec's were going to be over the limmit any way.Plus they know people are going to what to over clock it to get the most out of it since two GTX 570's in SLI is faster and cost less. I will just stick with my three GTX 470's even tho I would love to have just one card like the GTX 590 but only if it had enough power to really run it all out.And as of cooling it, they could have made it three slots with two fans over it .Just my opinion.
My 570s are on the shelf, because I ran into a few games where the 1.25GB framebuffer was a limitation at 57X10. I also don't think it would take much of an OC to put a 590 dead even or faster than a GTX570SLi set across the board, but of course 570s can be OCd as well

The few benches I've done with my 590 put it even with my GTX480 Sli set at 57X10.

The GTX480s and 590 have not had an issue, or the 2GB GTX560s. I think 1.5GB is to be preferred for 1080P multi monitor. (and that 3GB is for 75X16)
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 08:19 AM   #147
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:27 AM   #148
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by soterrible View Post
Flamebait
Nice trollin' so you joined just to post that ? Amazing, gz ! It's a capable card, it's not fastest in a majority of games but it is in a few. ATI has had faster dual gpu cards for a very long time now, nothing have changed apart from the fact that a few 590's have gone up in smoke. No one expected this card to beat the 6990, well it didn't so why the surprise ?
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:37 AM   #149
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Nice trollin' so you joined just to post that ? Amazing, gz ! It's a capable card, it's not fastest in a majority of games but it is in a few. ATI has had faster dual gpu cards for a very long time now, nothing have changed apart from the fact that a few 590's have gone up in smoke. No one expected this card to beat the 6990, well it didn't so why the surprise ?
Stop being level headed and reasonable sammy. You know that's not allowed here.









  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:43 AM   #150
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph
 
Johnny C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada, EH!
Posts: 779
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
WTF is this?
__________________
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:44 AM   #151
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph
 
Johnny C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada, EH!
Posts: 779
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
My 570s are on the shelf, because I ran into a few games where the 1.25GB framebuffer was a limitation at 57X10. I also don't think it would take much of an OC to put a 590 dead even or faster than a GTX570SLi set across the board, but of course 570s can be OCd as well

The few benches I've done with my 590 put it even with my GTX480 Sli set at 57X10.

The GTX480s and 590 have not had an issue, or the 2GB GTX560s. I think 1.5GB is to be preferred for 1080P multi monitor. (and that 3GB is for 75X16)
Do you have crysis 2, have you tried running it yet? How does it run? What res etc. ?
__________________
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:52 AM   #152
sammy sung
 
sammy sung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Stop being level headed and reasonable sammy. You know that's not allowed here.









Yea i know but in all honesty this thread has lost all sense of proportion and has run it's course imo. Everyone said that this card could never deliver true 580 sli power and still draw anything close to the wattage the 6990 does, that it would have to be massively downclocked etc . Guess what, it is. Granted, it's unfortunate that some cards have died but a LOT of 8800 GTX's were faulty and died aswell but that didn't get the same kind of negativity surrounding it because of how great that card performed. Double standards ? Hell yes
__________________
-=[Q9650@3.6GHZ | Thermalright ultra 120 extreme | Antec 1200 |ASUS P5Q-PREMIUM|MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II| Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 4GB]=-
sammy sung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-11, 10:11 AM   #153
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Yea i know but in all honesty this thread has lost all sense of proportion and has run it's course imo. Everyone said that this card could never deliver true 580 sli power and still draw anything close to the wattage the 6990 does, that it would have to be massively downclocked etc . Guess what, it is. Granted, it's unfortunate that some cards have died but a LOT of 8800 GTX's were faulty and died aswell but that didn't get the same kind of negativity surrounding it because of how great that card performed. Double standards ? Hell yes
I think this thread has run it's course too.

Both cards are beasts, but both also have their issues. Personally I would go for the more powerful card strictly for the fact that I wouldn't even consider buying one without good aftermarket cooling being available at the time of or shortly after purchase, just like I did with my 480, which hasn't dissapointed yet in spite of all the negative press the card got on release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 11:03 AM   #154
john19055
 
john19055's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: GREENVILLE,TX
Posts: 3,857
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

I guess this thread has ran it coarse.I know the card is already made ,BUt what I have been asking ,Was it possible for nvidia to put Three 8 pin power connectors on the card,so it could have drawn the power it needed to run at 772/2004.,or is it just a rule that you can't go over 375 watts on a single card.I know it would have ran hotter but they could have made it with two fans and maybe it would have took up 2.5 slots ,but this is the kind of card where you would just want one ,I just use my LG 42" monitor so all I would run would be 1920x1080,I just don't get into the multi-monitor or 3D stuff ,but it is nice it has all these features for people who do.
__________________
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 05:35 PM   #155
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Do you have crysis 2, have you tried running it yet? How does it run? What res etc. ?
I don't have the game yet, was waiting till it's not $60 to buy it. I just sent $30 to some guy in the UK for an EADM key, if that pans out I'll let you know!
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 05:46 AM   #156
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I don't have the game yet, was waiting till it's not $60 to buy it. I just sent $30 to some guy in the UK for an EADM key, if that pans out I'll let you know!
You...can't afford Crysis 2?...Shouldn't you have free access with your 590 for testing? Especially considering that it is a game backed up by nvidia...

then again....i wish i didn't buy this game -.-!...

multiplayer is broken
sli/xfire broken
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.