Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-11, 02:03 PM   #85
Sean_W

Default Re: 12 Ways Console Games are Hurting PC Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
There you go again, telling me what to do. LMAO!

I am here to help you out. I am here to show you there is a better way to game instead of all the gnashing of teeth over consoles. The way I see it, you owe me. I helped you out with the solution to your problem. You are lucky I am such a nice guy, I won't charge you for my consultation. A simply thank you will suffice but you are welcome none-the-less.

You don't start a company to prove a point. You start a company to make money and to pursue your dream of being your own boss and being in control of your product(s). I am not here to prove a point. I am here to provide solutions. Again, no charge for my valuable consultation. And why do you ask I do what I do here? Because I care. I care about you.

You are welcome.
Well thanks for you wisdom dude, I feel much better. Crysis 2 still smells of a monkey balls console port.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 02:06 PM   #86
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well thanks for you wisdom dude, I feel much better. Crysis 2 still smells of a monkey balls console port.

I just finished Crysis 2 and loved it. Yeah it was clunky in the menus from being ported but it was still fun.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 02:08 PM   #87
XDanger
Whaaat?

#MaximumMonkeyballs!
Old 04-05-11, 02:35 PM   #88
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Maximum Bacon!
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 11:10 PM   #89
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
No it isn't just as bad because I'm not complaining. I telling you how pathetic you guys are when you complain about "video games". This is a complete leisure hobby and you guys rant in here almost daily about how oppressed you are by consoles. Then when games do come out for PC you guys complain about how bad the game is or that you see jaggies. It's rather sad.

The moment someone like me comes down here and points out how sad this attitude is, you guys go nuts. Can't you guys ever just be happy playing your games? Seriously I have been playing minecraft. There is nothing really fancy about the game but I enjoy relaxing while building stuff. That is what gaming is for me, a hobby to enjoy and relax while doing. Ask anyone who has played Left 4 Dead with me. I just have fun exploding stuff. I take the games as they come, some good some bad and some in between.

My point is just have fun and stop complaining. If you are really that unhappy then maybe you should be playing video games.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 01:41 AM   #90
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
PC enthusiasts are primarly motivated by playing their PC, not just to play games.

A guy who goes for a sunday drive in his BMW is enjoying driving his BMW, it's not about getting from point A to B.
And how are you supposed to play a PC? One thing is building a computer, being it as a hobby (something I enjoyed quite a lot in the past, although a really costful habit in the long run, so... not for everyone) or as a profession, and another very different thing is about 'playing'.

If you live out of specs, sure... fine. But you got on the wrong side of the boat...

This is the 'Gaming Central', not the hardware one, so it's normal we center our views on games rathern than the platform itself, because a hardware without software is nothing, simple as that.

But, of course, I can understand persons with different backgrounds have different views. In my case, my first computer was an Amstrad CPC 464 but on the gaming side, the vast majority of platforms I've owned are consoles, from the Nintendo NES to the PlayStation 2, passing through a lot of other platforms.

So, in a way, it's normal I value games over the platform these games run on, but you know that's not the point. Neither it's going from A to B nor it's putting your BMW over anything else... although from a function perspective, the former wins over the latter (what's the purpose of a car if it's not about going from A to B?)
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote