Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-11, 08:30 PM   #217
JohnDio

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Pay attention to the trees when he's shooting at the end. They 'move' when there is an explosion nearby (like in Crysis 1. Funny thing that this feature is not in Crysis 2, right? ). Although I fear the earthquake was just a scripted event and we won't get these physics in real-time situations (and Crysis 2 has amazing scripted events but the real-time physics were... meh)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 03:10 AM   #218
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Go back to jerking off to crysis 2.
Same for you about Minecraft hahaha
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 11:38 AM   #219
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Same for you about Minecraft hahaha
I <3 minecraft.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 05:12 PM   #220
mojoman0

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=164686

Quote:
EA CEO, John Riccitiello spoke today at the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York and confirmed that Battlefield 3 will launch in November of this year. Of course, Riccitiello once again brought up how they are going after the next Call of Duty and are aiming to "take that game down".

Additionally, Riccitiello stated they have a $100 million marketing budget for Battlefield 3.

Electronic Arts is setting the bar high for Battlefield 3.

Speaking during the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York City today, CEO John Riccitiello confirm it will launch Battlefield 3 in November of this year and said the publisher has rival Activision's Call of Duty series in its sights.

"This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry," he said. "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. [Battlefield 3] is designed to take that game down."

Riccitiello later compared this holiday's battle between the two games to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in baseball and said gamers can expect to see massive advertising campaigns for both titles.

"There will be a couple hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. We think we have the better product," Riccitiello added.

EA Games president Frank Gibeau echoed similar comments during GDC last month when he told us: "Everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete."
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 05:35 PM   #221
Sean_W

We were expecting BFBC2 to take down CoD MW2 but it didn't due to the biased reviews. We all knew BFBC2 was much better.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 05:50 PM   #222
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
We were expecting BFBC2 to take down CoD MW2 but it didn't due to the biased reviews. We all knew BFBC2 was much better.
much better! and now we have Homefront to fill BC2's shoes until BF3 comes ... i used to be a cod fan, but no more! dought i'll ever buy Activisions crap ever again!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 07:55 PM   #223
mojoman0

mw3 should be especially weak tho considering the studio departure and the 3 ragtag team now working on it
Old 04-06-11, 08:14 PM   #224
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
mw3 should be especially weak tho considering the studio departure and the 3 ragtag team now working on it
This.

I doubt very much we will see a decent CoD game again now that IW have split with Jason West and Vince Zampella. Treyarch really only ever build on what IW make.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-11, 09:47 PM   #225
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
This.

I doubt very much we will see a decent CoD game again now that IW have split with Jason West and Vince Zampella. Treyarch really only ever build on what IW make.
The problem is the general public doesnt have a clue about this, only forum crawlers like us, so beating cod in the sales department is a tough challenge, although cod did take the crown from halo on consoles so its possible
Old 04-06-11, 10:56 PM   #226
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
The problem is the general public doesnt have a clue about this, only forum crawlers like us, so beating cod in the sales department is a tough challenge, although cod did take the crown from halo on consoles so its possible
I don't understand this "take down" CoD talk. Will users get a better game by it or will it be more like CoD?

I'm sure if BF replaces CoD as the best selling FPS shooter then it will become a premium game like CoD and we will have to pay more for it. Just look at the price of CoD and their DLC's, they're ridiculous.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:26 AM   #227
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Just look at the price of CoD and their DLC's, they're ridiculous.
and everyone pays for it so why change that? These companies are in this to please customers. They're in it to please share holders and investors.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:52 AM   #228
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

BFBC2 was by no means a failure sales wise. I absolutely LOVE BC2! It's still my favorite FPS, even a year after its release. However, if they want to take down MW2 and BOps, they're going to have to market the hell out of the game.

Of course, I hope this game doesn't suck. We need a good successor to Battlefield 2 and 2142.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU