Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-21-11, 05:37 AM   #229
Rollo

Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
lol Rollo is still going on with this. About a month after the release and he's still trying to sell those cards and bashing AMD. How pathetic is that...
I was ready to let this thread go, but RoadHog and NinjaPrime returned to it to post unsubstantiated lies about the GTX590.

Should no one speak for NVIDIA, or in a larger sense, post the truth when people with an agenda post misinformation?

How is posting the truth backed by links to several review sites "pathetic"?

Posting valid info should always be welcome on a tech froum.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 05:22 PM   #230
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Do you want me to start posting links to English speaking websites that tested the image degrading ATi AF cheats and found the Germans were right? IIRC, Toms Hardware, Guru3d, and AlienBabelTech were three of them, and I saw another one in the 590 reviews.

Good stuff from ATi- shimmering mip map transitions to look at, while the user is reminded of drying his hair by the furiously spinning little fan. I thought about buying one to compare, but I was afraid my cat might get sucked into it if I inadvertently left the side of my case off.
As I reminded you before, since I guess you just took the headline and ran like a good shill, if you followed that story to its conclusion, you'd find out that the so called "AF cheats" were the result of ATI doing better filtering, the D3D specified method, as opposed to NV "cheating" and doing less. The result of the less filtering was better smearing between mip map transitions, so ATI fixed it by doing NVs lesser, non D3D spec filter.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 05:23 PM   #231
Ninja Prime

Quote:
As far as your claims about the 480 being louder than the 747...errr, 6990, I'll let readers draw their own conclusions based the six reviews I posted from the large sites we all read.
Don't dodge the question, answer it.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 05:38 PM   #232
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
As I reminded you before, since I guess you just took the headline and ran like a good shill, if you followed that story to its conclusion, you'd find out that the so called "AF cheats" were the result of ATI doing better filtering, the D3D specified method, as opposed to NV "cheating" and doing less. The result of the less filtering was better smearing between mip map transitions, so ATI fixed it by doing NVs lesser, non D3D spec filter.
Which you can disable by a control panel setting. Though, why waste your time with him. Just write one sentence, then watch him waste an hour researching and writing a huge biased response to try and prove your once sentence wrong. It's rather hilarious.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 05:55 PM   #233
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
lol Rollo is still going on with this. About a month after the release and he's still trying to sell those cards and bashing AMD. How pathetic is that...
About as pathetic as the two people who keep egging him on?

This thread should just be locked, it's useless, you've got two trolls and a zealot going at it over and over again.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 06:05 PM   #234
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
A link to an ATi friendly forum doesn't sway me. The websites all tested the ATi default AF and said image quality is worse.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,2806-5.html

Quote:
This may or may not become a factor in your buying decision, but right now, the bottom line is that Nvidia offers better texture filtering, regardless of whether you’re one of the folks who can appreciate it.
http://alienbabeltech.com/main/amd-r...ity-analysis/9
Quote:
With regards to filtering quality, the 6850 has reduced the hard transitions and dead zones compared to the 5770, but they’re still present. As for shimmering, the 6850 has a higher incidence of it on certain detailed textures during in-game movement.
It's funny how people like you post "ATi FTW! Noise! Low quality AF! No Physics! Science project 3d! You get it all with ATi!"

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 04-21-11, 06:10 PM   #235
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Which you can disable by a control panel setting. Though, why waste your time with him. Just write one sentence, then watch him waste an hour researching and writing a huge biased response to try and prove your once sentence wrong. It's rather hilarious.
It's nice you're upfront about your trolling. You should be permabanned, along with Ninja Prime.

Rig 2:

Old 04-21-11, 06:22 PM   #236
Rummy

Why should they be banned? They are defending AMD while you are defending Nvidia. Seems pretty even to me.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-11, 07:08 PM   #237
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Why should they be banned? They are defending AMD while you are defending Nvidia. Seems pretty even to me.
Difference is they're on the NVIDIA fansite, spouting lies and FUD about NVIDIA products, in the NVIDIA forum.

I'm posting links to independent reviews to make my points. If you look back through this thread, I've posted 90% of te usable information in it.

Rig 2:

Old 04-21-11, 07:16 PM   #238
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Difference is they're on the NVIDIA fansite, spouting lies and FUD about NVIDIA products, in the NVIDIA forum.

I'm posting links to independent reviews to make my points. If you look back through this thread, I've posted 90% of te usable information in it.
I think this is the only forum you aren't banned from. Doesn't leave you much choice...
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-11, 07:30 PM   #239
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
About as pathetic as the two people who keep egging him on?

This thread should just be locked, it's useless, you've got two trolls and a zealot going at it over and over again.
+1 mother****ing million !

I can't belive that they're still going at it. It's pretty obvious what Rollo will do each time they post something and by now i'm guessing roadie is just messing with him to keep him busy
Old 04-21-11, 07:55 PM   #240
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
+1 mother****ing million !

I can't belive that they're still going at it. It's pretty obvious what Rollo will do each time they post something and by now i'm guessing roadie is just messing with him to keep him busy
Here's the thing, someone should stand up for NVIDIA on their fansite.

I'll do it till they kick me off.

Last I checked this isn't "NVNEWS: Home of the ATi Fanboys".

Whether they're posting lies and FUD about NVIDIA to bait me or to pimp ATi doesn't matter to me.

I'll keep posting links to reviews that show them as the lying trolls they are.

Rig 2: