Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Would be nice if something similar would happen to Xbox users as well
agreed
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 11:56 PM   #74
Hogrider

Default Re: Whats up with PSN?

Life must suck if you wish harm on others.
Old 04-28-11, 12:14 AM   #75
Ninja Prime

Not looking good, lawsuit, minimum estimate is $20 million, likely more, upper limits if its worse than sony lets on are in the billions.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...hack?GT1=43001
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 01:04 AM   #76
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
Its easier for the hackers to hide and do their work against sony than the other way around so who should worry more?
Let's see, huge corporation with nearly unlimited funds and legal support, or broke ass hacker sitting in his living room cracking a console?...I think the hackers should worry more. There is a reason why even groups that have hacked the PSN before are backing away from this mess. This wasn't some harmless act and whoever gets caught (if they get caught) is going away for a long time.

Once upon a time, pirates had this untouchable attitude, and then quite a few of them got sent to jail for a few years and the rest of them went running scared. You couldn't tell that now due to the publishers backing off, but for a quite a while the pirate scene was a ghost town. This **** is all fun and games to these guys until they lose their freedom. The first person that get's linked to this thing will be made an example of and I highly doubt you see anyone trying anything like this any time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
its not sad, what is sad is trying to play every game out there. there are better things to do then play games
Like rack up 25k posts on Nvnews? Why diss gamers on a gaming forum? Four games are hardly "every game out there".

He's right, if you limit yourself to one platform you miss out on a ton of great games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmetal View Post
Imagine if this happened to steam... How would you feel then?
I hate Steam and I'd feel the exact same way. I'd feel the same way if this were Microsoft, EA, Activision, or my bank instead of Sony.

Who it happened to is irrelevant. How people feel they treat customers is irrelevant. A crime is a crime and I'd want these morons tossed in jail regardless of who they hacked.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 01:10 AM   #77
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Let's see, huge corporation with nearly unlimited funds and legal support, or broke ass hacker sitting in his living room cracking a console?...I think the hackers should worry more. There is a reason why even groups that have hacked the PSN before are backing away from this mess. This wasn't some harmless act and whoever gets caught (if they get caught) is going away for a long time.

Once upon a time, pirates had this untouchable attitude, and then quite a few of them got sent to jail for a few years and the rest of them went running scared. You couldn't tell that now due to the publishers backing off, but for a quite a while the pirate scene was a ghost town. This **** is all fun and games to these guys until they lose their freedom. The first person that get's linked to this thing will be made an example of and I highly doubt you see anyone trying anything like this any time soon.

Like rack up 25k posts on Nvnews? Why diss gamers on a gaming forum? Four games are hardly "every game out there".

He's right, if you limit yourself to one platform you miss out on a ton of great games.

I hate Steam and I'd feel the exact same way. I'd feel the same way if this were Microsoft, EA, Activision, or my bank instead of Sony.

Who it happened to is irrelevant. How people feel they treat customers is irrelevant. A crime is a crime and I'd want these morons tossed in jail regardless of who they hacked.
I had directed my comment to slawter.
Old 04-28-11, 09:40 AM   #78
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Would be nice if something similar would happen to Xbox users as well
That's a stupid ****ing statement. Take a second and think about how stupid it is to wish harm upon customers because of your dislike of something as dumb as a console...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
This.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 05:42 PM   #79
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Good job Sony have a new console coming soon!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1WJYJ9m2I
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 06:41 PM   #80
Hogrider

Old 04-28-11, 06:42 PM   #81
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Good job Sony have a new console coming soon!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1WJYJ9m2I
LMFAO
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:58 AM   #82
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

just got the mail from Sony. Its been so long since I sold my ps3; I dont know if I had my cc info saved on my psn account. and if there was, was it a current card or expired...and theres no way to check!!!! I am worried now...
Old 04-29-11, 12:28 PM   #83
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
just got the mail from Sony. Its been so long since I sold my ps3; I dont know if I had my cc info saved on my psn account. and if there was, was it a current card or expired...and theres no way to check!!!! I am worried now...
Once PSN comes back up, you can login and check.

I got a call from my CC company the other day regarding strange purchases. Luckily they were all mine, heh.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 02:37 PM   #84
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
So you sold your PS3 but never deactivated your account? Thats retarded...