Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-22-02, 03:12 AM   #1
skipparoo

Default AquaMark Error

Most people probably don't have AquaMark, and it's no wonder, as it was only supposed to be released under controlled circumstances. Well, it can be downloaded at FileMirrors.com if you do a simple search for AquaMark. There should be one only one server to download from.

Problem is, there seems to be a compatibility issue with the program when working with these new Detonator drivers I think, and doesn't work, at least on my system. An error message reading D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY (3753) is displayed after execution and I can't get anywhere.

It's not terribly important, but I was interested in checking out the benchmark as well as the technology since I never bought the game. If anyone is brave enough to download AquaMark from FileMirrors and give it a try, don't let me stop you :P

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-02, 07:32 AM   #2
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

not really sure what to tell you, but I do know Aquamark is not intended for the general public. Have you tried the actual Aquanox game?

Also, what video card do you have. I used to run Aquanox with Radeon8500, and it would crash very regularly. I switched to GF4 TI4400 and all my problems went away. I run Aquanox at 1024x768 with max details on everything (even plankton) and I've no complaints, smooth as a baby's... well you get the idea
Old 09-25-02, 08:03 PM   #3
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

Sorry man, but I get the EXACT same error. Trying to sort it out now.
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-02, 08:06 AM   #4
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator
not really sure what to tell you, but I do know Aquamark is not intended for the general public. Have you tried the actual Aquanox game?

Also, what video card do you have. I used to run Aquanox with Radeon8500, and it would crash very regularly. I switched to GF4 TI4400 and all my problems went away. I run Aquanox at 1024x768 with max details on everything (even plankton) and I've no complaints, smooth as a baby's... well you get the idea
Thought about getting the game, but decided against it. I just would have really liked to add AquaMark as one of my exclusive benchmark proggies, a cool piece of technology to show off to your friends, ya know? :P I believe there is a revised version of the software out there, but I cannot find it. AquaMark 2.2, as opposed to version 2.0 as found on FileMirrors. Blast! No bother, but if any of you find out a way to get it to run, give me a holla! :P

-Skippy
Old 09-26-02, 02:16 PM   #5
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

well, Aquanox has gone down in price some, and it's DEFINETLY a great way to show off your pc's capabilities to your friends. Set 1024x768 @ 32bit color, 85hz, high detail, maximum plankton, maximum everything, and turn up the volume real high with BASS enabled... and woooooooh baby wait till you see the look on their faces ... heh heh
Old 10-02-02, 07:07 AM   #6
Raptorman
Former Marine

Well, I finally found a solution to the AquaMark problem. Although, it was odd that it worked.

With my GeForce 4 Ti-4600 it was impossible to get it to work. Everything I tried would not make AquaMark run. A few days ago I installed my ATi Radeon 9700, and have been playing games on it ever since. Last night I decided to run AquaMark, and see if it would work. I didn't think it would, but AquaMark started, and there was absolutely NO problems. It ran perfectly.

I ran the test in AquaMark 2 times (once at 1280x960x32 with 4xAA and 16x AF, and another at 1280x960x32 with 6xAA and 16xAF with all the features turned on). The framerates never dropped below 33fps during the entire benchmark.
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
Old 10-02-02, 07:27 AM   #7
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

lol, that's not a solution! But I'm glad the test finally worked for you. I still think you should buy Aquanox, it's a cool game, and is only $11us at compusa now!
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...24116&csearch=
Old 10-02-02, 06:12 PM   #8
skipparoo

Damn, I knew it, a problem with nVIDIA's drivers, got to be..

-Skippy

Old 10-03-02, 06:55 AM   #9
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by skipparoo
Damn, I knew it, a problem with nVIDIA's drivers, got to be..

-Skippy
huh? How do you figure that?
Old 10-03-02, 06:52 PM   #10
Raptorman
Former Marine

I meant that "I found a solution." kind of sarcastically. As I thought it was funny it works with ATi and not nVIDIA.
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
Old 10-03-02, 06:57 PM   #11
skipparoo

I can only assume, since it works with an ATi video card. I doubt it's a hardware conflict. I'm pretty sure when AquaMark was released a while back that people with nVIDIA video cards could run it without a problem. Now with the newer drivers, since they've changed quite dramatically, an error will occur. It's kind of like 3DMark99, and even SpeedTree for some. I could run 3DMark99 just fine a while back with my GeForce3, but now with a GeForce4 and the drivers it requires, it says it cannot find DirectX 6 and needs it to run. Of course, we all have DirectX 8. This problem could be AquaMark, but if you ask me it is its incompatibility with nVIDIA's new drivers...

-Skippy