Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-11, 02:37 AM   #109
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

P9903 3DMarks
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1210314
3DMark Score P9903
Graphics Score 9988
Physics Score 10918
Combined Score 8231
GraphicsTest1 43.31 FPS
GraphicsTest2 53.06 FPS
GraphicsTest3 63.85 FPS
GraphicsTest4 28.98 FPS
PhysicsTest 34.66 FPS
CombinedTest 38.28 FPS

fresh install of 11.5a
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:08 AM   #110
Moshing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 161
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Just as an interesting observation if I may, it looks like generally, in 3Dmark11, there's a pattern for scoring that can be somewhat followed.

As long as one is using any higher end, 4Ghz+ Intel Core i7 (first or second gen), then one can follow this pattern pretty closely.

Every GTX 580 added is worth ~5000 points.
Every HD6970 added is worth ~4500 points.

Both seem to scale nearly linearly, so add 2 GTX 580 = ~10k, while 2 6970 fall in the 9K range. 3 GTX 580 =15K, and so on. Excessive overclocking can push scores up to nearly 20K with 3 GTX 580's and a crazy clocked i7.
__________________
Ci7 2600K @5Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper II/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX580 Black Ops/2x Patriot Torqx 128G(OS)/1Tb WD Black
Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600/GA-EX58-UD3R/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2(OS)/2x 2Tb WD Green
Ci7 860/4Gb Patriot Viper II/EVGA P55 SLI/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2 (wife's rig)
Moshing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:17 AM   #111
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshing View Post
Just as an interesting observation if I may, it looks like generally, in 3Dmark11, there's a pattern for scoring that can be somewhat followed.

As long as one is using any higher end, 4Ghz+ Intel Core i7 (first or second gen), then one can follow this pattern pretty closely.

Every GTX 580 added is worth ~5000 points.
Every HD6970 added is worth ~4500 points.

Both seem to scale nearly linearly, so add 2 GTX 580 = ~10k, while 2 6970 fall in the 9K range. 3 GTX 580 =15K, and so on. Excessive overclocking can push scores up to nearly 20K with 3 GTX 580's and a crazy clocked i7.
Are you talking about total score or just graphics score? Because the total score can vary widely due to faster cpus in the physics benchmarks.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:42 AM   #112
Moshing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 161
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Are you talking about total score or just graphics score? Because the total score can vary widely due to faster cpus in the physics benchmarks.
It certainly can! But at around 4Ghz (4-4.2ish?) on first or second gen i7, as my example stated, that does seem to be the averages. Over 4Ghz pushes that Physics score higher, I get around 11K on the physics score myself with 5Ghz of second gen i7. And this is only averages, but provides a handy rule-of-thumb that certainly has exceptions, but not many within the scope of description.
__________________
Ci7 2600K @5Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper II/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX580 Black Ops/2x Patriot Torqx 128G(OS)/1Tb WD Black
Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600/GA-EX58-UD3R/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2(OS)/2x 2Tb WD Green
Ci7 860/4Gb Patriot Viper II/EVGA P55 SLI/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2 (wife's rig)
Moshing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 01:08 PM   #113
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

@ 4Ghz
P9994 3DMarks
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1212853
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 10:07 PM   #114
shadow001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Another planet burner reporting in....Still in descovery of what this setup can do though..


http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1220414;jses...pLAFMCbCpbmNqn


P16194
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 10:53 PM   #115
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Another planet burner reporting in....Still in descovery of what this setup can do though..


http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1220414;jses...pLAFMCbCpbmNqn


P16194
Something is seriously wrong with your setup. I get higher fps than you in one test, and the other ones are barely higher.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1006729
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 11:12 PM   #116
Moshing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 161
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Something is seriously wrong with your setup.
Yeah, it's a pure drag racer with little real world usage and loses in PCMark 7 brutally to machines 1/3rd the cost
__________________
Ci7 2600K @5Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper II/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX580 Black Ops/2x Patriot Torqx 128G(OS)/1Tb WD Black
Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600/GA-EX58-UD3R/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2(OS)/2x 2Tb WD Green
Ci7 860/4Gb Patriot Viper II/EVGA P55 SLI/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2 (wife's rig)
Moshing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-11, 11:34 PM   #117
shadow001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Something is seriously wrong with your setup. I get higher fps than you in one test, and the other ones are barely higher.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1006729

The only one where it's really close is graphics test 2(2 Fps difference), the other 3 graphics tests are 7 to 12 Fps higher average for me....The physics run is 15 Fps higher for me too ,and the combined test is 12 Fps higher as well...


kinda loose interpretation of barely higher isn't , and your CPU is running 500 Mhz higher than my pair to boot, and only the physics and combined tests are using all 12 cores in my setup....The first 4 test don't...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 11:35 PM   #118
shadow001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshing View Post
Yeah, it's a pure drag racer with little real world usage and loses in PCMark 7 brutally to machines 1/3rd the cost

Funny, i just played a few rounds of bad company with the drag racer running at the exact same clocks it did in that 3Dmark run....Yes, it can be faster still.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 12:03 AM   #119
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
The only one where it's really close is graphics test 2(2 Fps difference), the other 3 graphics tests are 7 to 12 Fps higher average for me....The physics run is 15 Fps higher for me too ,and the combined test is 12 Fps higher as well...


kinda loose interpretation of barely higher isn't , and your CPU is running 500 Mhz higher than my pair to boot, and only the physics and combined tests are using all 12 cores in my setup....The first 4 test don't...
Are you sure the memory isn't overclocked too high? Your score should still be higher... You will never know if you go too high on DDR5 as it has ECC. It will just hurt performance and still be stable.

EDIT: If it makes you happy here is my 4ghz run. Same exact fps so you can't pull the clock speed card this time.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/914071
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 12:41 AM   #120
Moshing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 161
Default Re: Official 3DMark 11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Funny, i just played a few rounds of bad company with the drag racer running at the exact same clocks it did in that 3Dmark run....Yes, it can be faster still.
Indeed it can. 4Ghz isn't really pushing anything very hard on the CPUs is it? Anything less then 4.6Ghz on that machine will kinda be disappointing, eh? You can make up the score difference, I'm sure of it. Just PUSH those procs already, you're not even making them sweat!
__________________
Ci7 2600K @5Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper II/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX580 Black Ops/2x Patriot Torqx 128G(OS)/1Tb WD Black
Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600/GA-EX58-UD3R/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2(OS)/2x 2Tb WD Green
Ci7 860/4Gb Patriot Viper II/EVGA P55 SLI/Radeon HD5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2 (wife's rig)
Moshing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.