Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-11, 06:46 AM   #61
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
ok, I'm having some fun just running through the campaign, but theres still alot of, well, crap in the game, and most none online rpg's seem to fail in this.

#1 a questing system that is easy to follow and easy to navigate. tell me if I am, in the area to complete said quest! And for christe sake if I am about to LEAVE an area and it will cause me to fail a quest, prompt me first.

#2. Outer lying zones being linier. The best thing about mmos, everquest, wow, is they made it seem like you could run anywhere any time any day. You could just run in all directions and you wold run over huts, other roads, encampments, lakes, ect. GET RID OF THIS SPIDERY PATH BS. If I cant jump the fence and slide down the small hill, you had better give me a good reason or I am docking you points!

#3 no jump button... see above. Getting stuck on pebbels has never been so stupid.

#4 crappy gear. Why am I 4 hours into the game and my gear has only cycled like twice? in WoW I would be in greens and gone through at least 4 sets. I also would have had my CHOICE in gear to get. not random drops. This has actually been a problem in many MMOs too, generally once you've killed everything at least once, theres not much reason to keep playing unless there is loot to obtain still.

#5 trade skills. 5 years and WoW is still the only one to get it right the first time? Just give me a clear cut window, vendors, recipes I can right click to learn. I have no idea how the tailoring works in the game.
1) Look at your mini-map - it points the way to where your next objective for your current quest is. And be smart - so far, it's been pretty obvious to me when leaving an area will fail a quest.

2) Whatever. Yeah, having Oblivion style freedom would be nice, but it's not necessary. I don't mind the old school aspects of this game.

3) See above.

4) Learn the damn crafting system. It's in the friggin Journal help. Get some resources and visit a blacksmith. I'm six hours in and have already changed armor four times, and let's not get started on weapons. BTW, this isn't some MMO that just drops everywhere. You've got to work for it here.

5) Mediate and use the alchemy window - it's pretty damn clear what you need to do.

It sounds like you have a bad case of MMO-itis. Neither Witcher game is an MMO, and both expect you to take the time to learn how the world works, who the characters are and what the plot is. It's more "role playing" than "game" a lot of the times, unlike most of the rest of the RPG market. There is no hand holding in this game, and I'm rather enjoy that; DA2 you can't even take a **** without a hint box...
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 08:14 AM   #62
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

All of you crossfire users, don't forget to pick up the new 11.5 CAP2 profiles!

I couldn't find release notes but I'm going to test them on the Witcher 2 soon.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Cata...load-2713.html

Bleh, still no native crossfire. Thank god for RadeonPRO and the Dirt2 profile with AFR
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 08:54 AM   #63
Bah!

jeffmd comparing another singleplayer rpg to WoW...shocking!
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 11:48 AM   #64
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Bah, its alchemy, its the same god damn thing. Heck, the code could have been totally ripped from wow its that close. I just didn't like the method of the user interface.

WoW is an rpg.. and rpg I really really like. If you completely cut out the online multi player part, it is still a most kick ass single player experience. Not quite the over the top acting but plenty of everything else.

Infact, I could revoke witchers rpg status for technically only having one class. Its more of an interactive choose your adventure story book. Try as you might, theres not many options in roleplaying here unless you want to role play as an undead rogue with a pocket full of magic dust.
Old 05-20-11, 12:22 PM   #65
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

Quote:
Bah, its alchemy, its the same god damn thing. Heck, the code could have been totally ripped from wow its that close. I just didn't like the method of the user interface.

WoW is an rpg.. and rpg I really really like. If you completely cut out the online multi player part, it is still a most kick ass single player experience. Not quite the over the top acting but plenty of everything else.

Infact, I could revoke witchers rpg status for technically only having one class. Its more of an interactive choose your adventure story book. Try as you might, theres not many options in roleplaying here unless you want to role play as an undead rogue with a pocket full of magic dust.
All I heard was, WoW WoW Wow, WoW WoW; WoW. WoW WoW WoW WoW, WoW Wow.

WoW WoW WoW WoW, WoW WoW WoW. WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW.

WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW. WoW WoW WoW WoW, WoW WoW WoW WoW.

WoW WoW WoW, WoW I don't enjoy anything else.

In my mind it sounded like this.

[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 12:22 PM   #66
Greedo

here are the maps that came w/ the steam version

Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 12:42 PM   #67
hirantha
SUC SUDO

The game is georgous, beautifuly done. but is anyone else is crashing every time at the scoia'tael camp when you are coming under Tris shield to the boat?.. i even changed the drivers from 275 to 270 still no luck. i wanna play the game

I got it fixed.. i turn the lowest spec and it ran fine. Strange thing though i get the same FPS count at hight and low, lol very strange (44 to 50FPS).

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 12:49 PM   #68
ArrowMk84

Quote:

Don't like, don't play it. Just quit your bitching. And if you actual have a question on how to play the game, then do so without crying about WoW.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-11, 08:28 PM   #69
styles-T
-========-

Graphics and Sound are incredible. This is going to be the best RPG to be released in a long time excluding mass effect series. A must buy.
Old 05-20-11, 09:13 PM   #70
dikinher
Grab em!

This is my RPG of the year.
Old 05-20-11, 10:25 PM   #71
Yaboze

Played a lot today. Game is gorgeous. Waaay better than DA2. Excellent lighting and surface effects on faces, wet surfaces, stone, metal, etc. Well done.

The detail on the faces, clothing and armor is excellent as well.

It just goes to show DX9c still rocks.

Edit: One thing I will agree with jeffmd on is the fact that you get easily hung up on terrain. The smallest ledge or rock can't be walked over. A small ledge becomes a wall near outdoor areas with walkways and stairs (like the docks area when you get on the boat). A minor annoyance, however.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 11:04 PM   #72
Bah!

Quote:

If you think The Witcher 2 isn't an rpg and that WoW is would still be considered a "kick ass single player experience" you clearly don't know the meaning of the word rpg.

I don't even know why I bothered to reply, you've done this time and time again with these games and never learn a thing.

Think what you want...the end.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote