Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-25-11, 10:23 AM   #121
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

there so now the people whining about inverted mouse can lay off.

and yay for faster frame rates!
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 10:31 AM   #122
Sean_W

Great patch and great support!
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 12:25 PM   #123
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Anyone try this with a 360 controller?
Actually plays better with the 360 controller than the mouse/keyboard, which makes sense, because every developer video I saw the person was using a controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Now with official Surround support, nice! I'll get it soon as well. But I've never finished the first Witcher... Guess I need to do that first, right?
Nah, you can play the second without having touched the first.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 12:50 PM   #124
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Actually plays better with the 360 controller than the mouse/keyboard, which makes sense, because every developer video I saw the person was using a controller.
You can move the camera around a lot better with the mouse and look around better. I think controllers are lame for looking around and moving at the same time. Maybe they want the smoothness of the analogue stick so it looks good for the video, id did that with Rage.

Not sure why developers keep wanting us to use controllers for such games on the PC They should stop with the lameness.
Old 05-25-11, 01:18 PM   #125
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You can move the camera around a lot better with the mouse and look around better. I think controllers are lame for looking around and moving at the same time. Maybe they want the smoothness of the analogue stick so it looks good for the video, id did that with Rage.

Not sure why developers keep wanting us to use controllers for such games on the PC They should stop with the lameness.

Moving the camera with the right analog stick is almost exactly the same as using the mouse in this game, there is no sluggishness like with console games. Using the left analog stick to move is far better than using WASD, and running/walking, fighting, rolling, blocking, spell casting are all far more intuitive with the controller.

CD Projekt accomplished with the Witcher 2 what Bioware couldn't manage with Dragon Age 2. They streamlined the game, made it accessible for console gamers, and managed to keep PC gamers happy at the same time. The only thing that CD Projekt will have to change for the 360 version will be the graphics.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 02:14 PM   #126
Sean_W

Not really, I hate using one stick for move and one stick for look and at least with mouse and keyboard you can do them at the same time while attacking. Having the automatic camera centring in some of these types of games is just annoying because they only do that for the controller limitations.

Having full control of the camera while fighting is much better than controllers.
Old 05-25-11, 02:26 PM   #127
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post

Well they did design the game for consoles...
Old 05-25-11, 02:29 PM   #128
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Moving the camera with the right analog stick is almost exactly the same as using the mouse in this game, there is no sluggishness like with console games. Using the left analog stick to move is far better than using WASD, and running/walking, fighting, rolling, blocking, spell casting are all far more intuitive with the controller.

CD Projekt accomplished with the Witcher 2 what Bioware couldn't manage with Dragon Age 2. They streamlined the game, made it accessible for console gamers, and managed to keep PC gamers happy at the same time. The only thing that CD Projekt will have to change for the 360 version will be the graphics.
See I don't get that statement, they both changed and lowered the combat in their respective games while offering choices for both of the games story lines (while the Witchers is more dramatic) I don't see why Dragon Age 2 got such an outcry yet Witcher didn't at all. I mean if anything The Witcher saw a more dramatic "consolization" then Dragon Age did since the combat was significantly toned down as was the need for alchemy.

Old 05-25-11, 02:35 PM   #129
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Well they did design the game for consoles...
Why release it on the PC first then? You design something top down to work on the PC and then change it for the consoles. Usually it's the other way around for console ports.
Old 05-25-11, 03:58 PM   #130
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
See I don't get that statement, they both changed and lowered the combat in their respective games while offering choices for both of the games story lines (while the Witchers is more dramatic) I don't see why Dragon Age 2 got such an outcry yet Witcher didn't at all. I mean if anything The Witcher saw a more dramatic "consolization" then Dragon Age did since the combat was significantly toned down as was the need for alchemy.
Isn't the combat a lot more harder?...i got pwned hard at the start...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 04:05 PM   #131
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Isn't the combat a lot more harder?...i got pwned hard at the start...
Same here, at the part where you have to get the big arrow launcher because the enemy are raining down fiery arrows. Takes time to master the combat and to draw each enemy away from each other.
Old 05-25-11, 04:21 PM   #132
Greedo

i'm on chapter 2, level 15 or so, and combat is becoming EASY on normal difficulty. i'm going to have to crank up the difficulty because i'm destroying everyone without even really trying.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote