wysiwyg

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

im at the first big boss in the water and im getting pwnt on easy mode
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 04:55 PM   #134
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Is anybody else having BSOD crashes? It has happened twice today already and I have no idea why.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 06:00 PM   #135
Greedo

no BSOD here, but i have had 2 CTD's.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 06:02 PM   #136
Greedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
im at the first big boss in the water and im getting pwnt on easy mode
i did that one so many times. finally beat it on normal, but i did it at least 20 times. i don't think that one was designed very well... it's harder than it should be. just remember to keep moving until you trap a tentacle with your sign. you only need to lop 3 of them off to move on to the next part of the fight.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 06:20 PM   #137
Sean_W

I'm glad you guys are getting pwnt as well because I thought I was crap or something.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 10:37 PM   #138
styles-T
-========-

Game is definitely tough I died a million times already on chapter 1. Once you get the hang of fighting it starts to get easier. Hit and dodge. I barely use parry.
Old 05-25-11, 10:58 PM   #139
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Using parry is pretty dumb. Just slap Quen on and you've saved yourself a bunch of trouble at the same vigor cost :\. Dumb design, IMHO.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 11:58 PM   #140
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
See I don't get that statement, they both changed and lowered the combat in their respective games while offering choices for both of the games story lines (while the Witchers is more dramatic) I don't see why Dragon Age 2 got such an outcry yet Witcher didn't at all. I mean if anything The Witcher saw a more dramatic "consolization" then Dragon Age did since the combat was significantly toned down as was the need for alchemy.
Bioware pretty much turned DA2 into a completely different game, it's a bastardization of the series and shouldn't even be called Dragon Age. There were far more dramatic changes made for DA than TW2.

As far as combat, if TW2 had been turned into a fast paced action hack and slash, with exploding enemies, I'd agree it was changed more, but it wasn't. They basically kept the same feel, while removing the ridiculous "stare at the icon" gameplay that a large portion of Witcher fans hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Why release it on the PC first then? You design something top down to work on the PC and then change it for the consoles. Usually it's the other way around for console ports.
Because that is their roots, and unlike other developers they realized that if they released it on all platforms at the same time they would be getting a ton of negative feedback. Most PC gamers don't even know there is going to be a console version, so they can't use the "it's been consolized" argument, when in fact it has been. Face it, there is a huge contingent of PC gamers out there that cry about any multi-platform game, regardless of how absurd their complaints are.

Things like Alchemy changes, linear gameplay, reworked combat, the fact the game plays so well with a controller, etc. would all be fuel for the PC game fanboy to use against TW2 if a console version was released at the same time. Make the changes to the game, make it incredibly beautiful, and release it six months ahead of a console version and everyone praises you as the PC rpg savior. Do the same exact things, only release the 360 and PS3 version at the same time, and PC gamers will say you've sold out like Bioware and abandoned your PC fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Using parry is pretty dumb. Just slap Quen on and you've saved yourself a bunch of trouble at the same vigor cost :\. Dumb design, IMHO.
I use parry all the time. Quen doesn't allow regeneration of Vigor when it's active, it also doesn't absorb all the damage if the blow you take hits hard enough...parry you don't get hit at all. Not to mention, you can trigger a riposte.

Of course, later in the game, Quen is just broken. Hopefully they fix the uneven difficulty in a future patch, because the game starts out great, as far as difficulty, and slowly becomes easy mode.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-11, 12:13 AM   #141
MaXThReAT

Stupid question here. Does the game use DX9, 10 or 11?
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 12:28 AM   #142
Sean_W

DX9
Old 05-26-11, 12:39 AM   #143
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Because that is their roots, and unlike other developers they realized that if they released it on all platforms at the same time they would be getting a ton of negative feedback. Most PC gamers don't even know there is going to be a console version, so they can't use the "it's been consolized" argument, when in fact it has been. Face it, there is a huge contingent of PC gamers out there that cry about any multi-platform game, regardless of how absurd their complaints are.

Things like Alchemy changes, linear gameplay, reworked combat, the fact the game plays so well with a controller, etc. would all be fuel for the PC game fanboy to use against TW2 if a console version was released at the same time. Make the changes to the game, make it incredibly beautiful, and release it six months ahead of a console version and everyone praises you as the PC rpg savior. Do the same exact things, only release the 360 and PS3 version at the same time, and PC gamers will say you've sold out like Bioware and abandoned your PC fanbase.
So now developers are delaying their game to keep the PC fanbase quiet. That's a new one.
Old 05-26-11, 12:48 AM   #144
MaXThReAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
DX9
Wow really looking at the screenshots I would have thought at least DX10 but awesome wow. Just goes to show what a total crock they have always been. Maybe not tessellation but heck the 360 does types of tessellation.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote