Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-11, 02:05 PM   #1
ViN86

Default iPod Touch 4G

Got an iPod Touch 4G. I had a 3G Touch as well but that is going to the girlfriend. I am really liking this retina display. The front and rear cameras are ok (could have definitely used a flash). The games run smoother with the upgraded chip (not tremendously, but noticeably in some instances).

Best thing about iOS4.3.3 is the untethered jailbreak as well. After using SBSettings, I can't go without it heh.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 06:22 PM   #2
Runningman

Default Re: iPod Touch 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Best thing about iOS4.3.3 is the untethered jailbreak as well. After using SBSettings, I can't go without it heh.
I feel the same way, without SBS with my Iphone, it would be almost useless for me. Between one click blutooth and PDANet, I would have thrown it against the wall with all the clicking I would have todo to change setting...
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 07:39 PM   #3
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
I feel the same way, without SBS with my Iphone, it would be almost useless for me. Between one click blutooth and PDANet, I would have thrown it against the wall with all the clicking I would have todo to change setting...
Definitely. It's amazing that Apple hasn't stolen the idea yet. There are a lot of jailbreaking features that really improve iOS.

I wish my Droid X screen was like this retina display though. It's gorgeous.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 08:58 PM   #4
Hogrider

Yea I love mine as well. I use it when I ride the motorcycle. Went on an 18 hour ride a couple weekends ago and when I got back the battery was still like 60% left. If I was still using my Creative Zen mp3 player I would have had to carry extra batteries.
Old 05-30-11, 10:04 PM   #5
Albo

/Jelly
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 10:23 PM   #6
Runningman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Definitely. It's amazing that Apple hasn't stolen the idea yet. There are a lot of jailbreaking features that really improve iOS.

I wish my Droid X screen was like this retina display though. It's gorgeous.
the rumors ive seen floating around the internet seem to point that iOs 5 might be heading that way with the addiction of widgets. Knowing what Apple has done in the past, I'm will to bet that IOS 5 is going to be more code bloat and bogs down the phone...
Old 05-30-11, 10:35 PM   #7
mojoman0

the front facing camera in mine died recently. gets locked when i try to open it. guess i need to send it in to apple or something. awesome device tho, incredibly powerful and versatile gadget
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 10:55 PM   #8
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
the rumors ive seen floating around the internet seem to point that iOs 5 might be heading that way with the addiction of widgets. Knowing what Apple has done in the past, I'm will to bet that IOS 5 is going to be more code bloat and bogs down the phone...
Well what model do you have?

That's like saying I can't run BFBC2 on my 486.

Old 05-31-11, 09:04 AM   #9
Runningman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Well what model do you have?

That's like saying I can't run BFBC2 on my 486.
Ive had the Iphone 2 for about a month then went with the 3g, now Iphone 4. What I was referring to was the well documented fact that when Apple went from IOS 3 to 4 on the 3g, the OS bogged down the phone to near uselessness, so your analogy is silly at best...
Old 05-31-11, 01:33 PM   #10
Bearclaw

Right and then they phased out the 3G just like they will phase out the 3Gs this fall...
Old 05-31-11, 01:49 PM   #11
Runningman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Right and then they phased out the 3G just like they will phase out the 3Gs this fall...
And my point still stands, they will release iOS5 and it will be more code bloat and users with older model phones will see diminished performance. Wash, rinse, repeat...
Old 05-31-11, 03:05 PM   #12
Bearclaw

And like I said, you upgrade the model and you're fine. Most power users who use smartphones upgrade every two years anyway - Which is the average lifespan of an Apple iPhone.