Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-11, 04:26 PM   #1
Sean_W

Exclamation Did EA Make Crytek Release Crysis 2 early?

There has been some talk that EA told Crytek to release Crysis 2 early and drafted some third party devs in to finish it early. To me this does actually fit, since why else would Crytek release Crysis 2 in such a bad state?

I'm not sure where Microsoft is in all of this, since they had the exclusive demo first and when they actually made this happen. Apparently, EA where short on cash and told Crytek to release Crysis 2 early. Who said this, well it was floated on the mycrysis forums but it does explain why Crysis 2 was released as it was. I just find it very hard to believe that Crytek would release Crysis 2 in such a state, because they have patched and are doing DX11.

It seems to me that Crytek are trying to repair the damage and what didn't help as well was that the rumour that NVIDIA only enabled DX11 for their GTX590, so NVIDIA may have had a hand in this **** storm as well.

What do you think?
Old 06-02-11, 04:47 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Did EA Make Crytek Release Crysis 2 early?

Your paranoid. The game was not released early and had even been delayed in the past. Heck 2 years in development is more then some other games get.

Old 06-02-11, 04:55 PM   #3
mojoman0

they just spent the majority of their time getting the engine to work on consoles, so the pc didnt get all the love, end of story
Old 06-02-11, 04:58 PM   #4
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
There has been some talk that EA told Crytek to release Crysis 2 early and drafted some third party devs in to finish it early. To me this does actually fit, since why else would Crytek release Crysis 2 in such a bad state?

I'm not sure where Microsoft is in all of this, since they had the exclusive demo first and when they actually made this happen. Apparently, EA where short on cash and told Crytek to release Crysis 2 early. Who said this, well it was floated on the mycrysis forums but it does explain why Crysis 2 was released as it was. I just find it very hard to believe that Crytek would release Crysis 2 in such a state, because they have patched and are doing DX11.

It seems to me that Crytek are trying to repair the damage and what didn't help as well was that the rumour that NVIDIA only enabled DX11 for their GTX590, so NVIDIA may have had a hand in this **** storm as well.

What do you think?

That's just fanboy speculation, let's face something here : Crytek did an Epic and wanted to cash in on the console cash much like Epic did with GoW and a majority of gamedevs still do. The 360 is the lead platform for 90% of the gamedevelopers today and most of the multiformat games just gets adapted so they run on other formats and not much else.
Old 06-02-11, 05:12 PM   #5
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Your paranoid. The game was not released early and had even been delayed in the past. Heck 2 years in development is more then some other games get.
2 years doesn't mean something is ready. Valve spent eleventy billions year to get TF2 out the door.

I don't think anyone ever said it isn't ready either.
Old 06-02-11, 05:19 PM   #6
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I think it would be odd considering they let Crytek release the original on their on terms. Unless the budget was exploding during the final months. Then again when a game comes out too soon it's usually the publisher pushing it. 2 months more would have probably made it AAA.
Old 06-02-11, 05:46 PM   #7
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
That's just fanboy speculation, let's face something here : Crytek did an Epic and wanted to cash in on the console cash much like Epic did with GoW and a majority of gamedevs still do. The 360 is the lead platform for 90% of the gamedevelopers today and most of the multiformat games just gets adapted so they run on other formats and not much else.
Please stop making it personal, I'm no fanboy. Just remember that developers sign deals with publishers and publishers as big as EA can do this sort of thing. If Crytek indeed want to "cash in" as you put it, then where are the resources and money coming from to make Crysis 2 DX11 then? Since when does a developer release a major change of graphics API after a game release?

Don't say BFBC2, because their DX10/11 was pathetic and as for Epic, at least they release UT3 with UE3 and nowhere near as broken as Crysis 2 was.
Old 06-02-11, 05:56 PM   #8
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I think it would be odd considering they let Crytek release the original on their on terms. Unless the budget was exploding during the final months. Then again when a game comes out too soon it's usually the publisher pushing it. 2 months more would have probably made it AAA.
That's the speculation, EA had a cash flow problem and wanted Crytek to release Crysis 2 when it was not finished. It's easy to blame it on bad ports but it's not always the case, since it happens all the time in business.

Old 06-02-11, 05:58 PM   #9
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I think you should finally stop with all the whining in every second thread!
I think you should leave the forum if you don't like it.
Old 06-02-11, 06:24 PM   #10
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Please stop making it personal, I'm no fanboy. Just remember that developers sign deals with publishers and publishers as big as EA can do this sort of thing. If Crytek indeed want to "cash in" as you put it, then where are the resources and money coming from to make Crysis 2 DX11 then? Since when does a developer release a major change of graphics API after a game release?

Don't say BFBC2, because their DX10/11 was pathetic and as for Epic, at least they release UT3 with UE3 and nowhere near as broken as Crysis 2 was.
Lol, UT3 was pathetic at launch, it didn't have a fully working browser, no webadmin and a lot less functionality than any other UT game, interface taken directly from the ps3 version plus also the ps3 textures. It's a joke saying that UT3 was less broken than Crysis 2. Furthermore it's yet unknown to what extent dx11 will be part of the said coming patch. And with the 1.8 patch they added what Epic later patched in to UT3, the abilty to tweak the graphics detail more thoroughly.

And yes you are a fanboy, you're trying to make a victim out of Crytek (wich used to provide the latest and greatest PC gfx) and thats BS imo, the reason why they're tweaking the game now is for the flack they've been getting, for cutting corners and not being prepaired for the backlash from their former fanbase.
Old 06-02-11, 06:30 PM   #11
bacon12

I hope they fix Crysis 2. I would love to see our clan playing it until BF3 is released instead of blops.
Old 06-02-11, 06:32 PM   #12
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Lol, UT3 was pathetic at launch, it didn't have a fully working browser, no webadmin and a lot less functionality than any other UT game, interface taken directly from the ps3 version plus also the ps3 textures. It's a joke saying that UT3 was less broken than Crysis 2. Furthermore it's yet unknown to what extent dx11 will be part of the said coming patch. And with the 1.8 patch they added what Epic later patched in to UT3, the abilty to tweak the graphics detail more thoroughly.

And yes you are a fanboy, you're trying to make a victim out of Crytek (wich used to provide the latest and greatest PC gfx) and thats BS imo, the reason why they're tweaking the game now is for the flack they've been getting, for cutting corners and not being prepaired for the backlash from their former fanbase.
It's already been said that more graphics options will come later because they're implementing DX11 features, which will make those effects tweakable.

Tessellation walls, tessellation for all of the water, DX11 DoF, full HDR textures which is a damn sight more than DICE or Epic ever did. Sandbox editor is coming as well. Sorry, but this is the sort of thing you see devs doing before the game is even released, tech demoing DX11 while the game has been release? Seriously!
Closed Thread