Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-03-11, 05:37 PM   #97
Redeemed

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - America Under Siege teaser trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well a CoD in space would be a no-go for me. That's where I draw the line, stupid scenarios like that. BF did something similar and it was by far the worst of the series.
I dunno man, just got done watching Starship Troopers 3, and every time I watch those movies I wanna' play a sci-fi FPS. I think a CoD in space would be pretty epic.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 07:44 PM   #98
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Well a CoD in space would be a no-go for me. That's where I draw the line, stupid scenarios like that. BF did something similar and it was by far the worst of the series.
couldnt agree with you more slaWter.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 08:24 PM   #99
Redeemed

I'm kinda' bummed at how everything seems to be slowing moving towards competitive MP. I miss the days where an FPS had an awesome story behind it, had a really well done SP campaign.

What I'd like to see is a proper sci-fi FPS. I've mentioned this before- not one that takes place entirely on a planet, how about one that takes place in space, where your ship is being seiged? Fighting in the corridors, dodging and ducking from room to room for cover, periodically stumbling into a bogie and engaging in a little hand-to-hand combat.

I could see a branch off of CoD doing this. And for MP, why not have a Co-Op mode? Where you and some buddies can tackle the "SP" campaign together? I think that'd be a freakin' hoot, and likely why I enjoy the L4D games so much.

Anyhow, as to this CoD, I think I'll still enjoy the SP quite a bit. I've yet to buy WaW and MW2, maybe I'll get 'em on sale later this year and play 'em before I play this one.
Old 06-04-11, 07:29 AM   #100
Logical

Is there only me that has major doubts about this game...and not just because of this fiasco with the money milking subscription service but the fact that Sledgehammer games are having a big hand in this.

For those that dont know sledgehammer games derived from Visceral games,,,only good game game to come out of those devs was Dead space, and that was hardly ground breaking. From the teaser trailer i must say that i am really unimpressed...Do they really think showing a collapsing building ala BF3 will actually draw attention to them and away from bf3 ? lolol no way. The difference was the pos scripted scene on mw3 where the building collpases look terrible and looked even worse when compared to the bf3 game.

I thought that BF3 would put the final nails in CoD's coffin but it seems to me they are doing a good enough job of that thereselves.

There is still plenty time left yet before release of both games, but its gonna take a miracle for CoD to compete at the same level as BF3...

So far...

Either BF3, a PC developed title using a brand new engine built from the ground up making use of todays high end hardware or another CoD that looks identical to the last 2 mordern warfares and blops, built by the same crappy engine (aint that much difference between iw tech 3 and 4)...seriously guys, CoD has gotten poor. This year is EA's.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 09:58 AM   #101
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'm kinda' bummed at how everything seems to be slowing moving towards competitive MP. I miss the days where an FPS had an awesome story behind it, had a really well done SP campaign.

What I'd like to see is a proper sci-fi FPS. I've mentioned this before- not one that takes place entirely on a planet, how about one that takes place in space, where your ship is being seiged? Fighting in the corridors, dodging and ducking from room to room for cover, periodically stumbling into a bogie and engaging in a little hand-to-hand combat.

I could see a branch off of CoD doing this. And for MP, why not have a Co-Op mode? Where you and some buddies can tackle the "SP" campaign together? I think that'd be a freakin' hoot, and likely why I enjoy the L4D games so much.

Anyhow, as to this CoD, I think I'll still enjoy the SP quite a bit. I've yet to buy WaW and MW2, maybe I'll get 'em on sale later this year and play 'em before I play this one.
You know, I dont think games are moving towards competitive mp, people just like to discuss about it more i think, so it is kindda more out there.
Good sp games are genuinely fairly hard to find, but I have been lucky for the most part.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 03:10 PM   #102
bob saget

Quote:
Why is there always this BF3 vs CoD comparison?
I think those are the two main giants now in Multiplayer FPS.
Old 06-04-11, 04:03 PM   #103
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I think those are the two main giants now in Multiplayer FPS.
Of course they are...

@Slawter Sorry i just can't see MW3 being 'great', maybe it will be a better experience on console...which as an avid PC fps gamer i thought i'd never here me say that, but fact is Activision is more geared towards pleasing the console patform. CoD will sell for name doesn't matter if its good or not.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 04:17 PM   #104
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Of course they are...

@Slawter Sorry i just can't see MW3 being 'great', maybe it will be a better experience on console...which as an avid PC fps gamer i thought i'd never here me say that, but fact is Activision is more geared towards pleasing the console patform. CoD will sell for name doesn't matter if its good or not.
You know what I still laff at? That most CoD console kiddies think CoD: MW was the first CoD.

Old 06-04-11, 05:20 PM   #105
Quick420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
You know what I still laff at? That most CoD console kiddies think CoD: MW was the first CoD.

My nephew thought that.Then I showed him my colllection XD.Cod1 was a blast online,it's was before all these twats appeared with their aimbots and wallhacks etc.
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851

If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 08:32 PM   #106
K007

u can compare the engine of bf3 vs mw3...but u cant compare the gameplay...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 10:17 PM   #107
bob saget

mw3 is using a new engine? because you cannot even begin to compare the way blops looks compared to bc2. not even close.
Old 06-04-11, 10:30 PM   #108
mojoman0

nope, still id tech 3 with lipstick
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote