Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-11, 01:51 PM   #13
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

I bet it still behind the X360 and PS3 on processing power. I don't think we will be seeing companies copy this remote, heck all Sony needs to do is have PSV integrate with PS3 titles (which they stated it can do).
I would find that highly unlikely, I would guess they are at least 50% ahead of 360/PS3 on the processing front. That last part doesn't make sense, using the PSV as a remote for PS3 games would be exactly copying this remote, lol. Except I'd bet the controller doesn't cost $250-$300, like the PSV.

Reports I've read say its all 1080p on the TV, which certainly puts it above the 360/PS3 which are averaging below 720p most of the time. I would wager the controller screen is exactly a quarter of that, 960x540p.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 02:08 PM   #14
Ninja Prime

I just saw some interesting play aspects with the controller, it appearantly can be used like a 360 degree screen portal, in addition to the normal screen. Like, you're playing a FPS and you want to whip your ahead around and check your 6 o'clock, you can move it around as if it was your head. Kinda neat.
Old 06-07-11, 02:11 PM   #15
Bah!

Quote:
Battlefield 3 was never announced... they ran footage but never said it was coming to the console. Actually, they didn't announce any games other then saying they can't wait to support it.

I bet it still behind the X360 and PS3 on processing power. I don't think we will be seeing companies copy this remote, heck all Sony needs to do is have PSV integrate with PS3 titles (which they stated it can do).

The controller is too big, they should have done less with it. It looks to me that they saw what cellphones were doing and just threw all that in there. I mean they only announced a single game for it and will only have tech demos on show. Pretty poor unveil of the console.

I want to also know how the system will handle some functionality like swapping from TV to controller display when someone changes the channel. What happens if its a game that uses the controller screen for inventory or secondary gameplay? Will it still switch and lose functionality or not be compatible with that functionality?
Did you even watch the presentation? Darksiders 2, Batman: Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken, Super Smash Brothers, Ghost Recon Online, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were all announced for the Wii U.

The controller is big but it's nothing people won't get used to. Look at current controls compared to the NES, or the Atari. I had a Sega Game Gear a thousand years ago and it was monsterous and it never bothered me. Besides the huge screen is awesome. Having stuff on the little screen so it's not obstructing the tv is really cool, not to mention all the other things it will be used for.

As far as how powerful it is, it's more powerful than the 360 or the PS3, that's been reported quite a few times and was backed up this morning from Vigil games:
Quote:
At the very least, Vigil believes that gamers can look forward to ports to Nintendoís new console that are not inferior to every other version of the game. When we asked Bonstead if he thought it was possible that the Wii U version of Darksiders II would be the best version of the game, he said, "Yeah, just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With itís controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game."

Personally I think the thing looks awesome. Add 1080p and actual core titles that the other consoles release to the first party titles that made me buy the Wii and you've got a winner.

Of course, it's going to get the typical Sony/Microsoft fanboy hate for a few years until both of those companies try to rip off it's ideas, yet again.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 02:12 PM   #16
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I would find that highly unlikely, I would guess they are at least 50% ahead of 360/PS3 on the processing front. That last part doesn't make sense, using the PSV as a remote for PS3 games would be exactly copying this remote, lol. Except I'd bet the controller doesn't cost $250-$300, like the PSV.
Well can't be copying since Sony did announce it way before Wiiu was even mentioned. Also using the PSV would give the ability to untether from the PS3 and continue gaming away from the console while the controller for the Wiiu is that, just a controller... if your not near the console it doesn't do anything, its not a portable gaming unit.

As for power of the system, after seeing the Tech Demo they showed off I really doubt its more powerful then the X360 and PS3. The bird Tech Demo did not look like anything the X360 and PS3 couldn't already do and even if it is 25%-50% more powerful a lot of that processing power will be used on the controller.

Btw the screen is resistive and has bad view angles and color quality... so it wont even support multi-touch.
http://kotaku.com/5809555/zelda-game...-this-stunning

I also don't think Zelda will look that good, it was a non playable rendered demo much like they had for the Cube prior to its release.

oh and the system is not even scheduled till 2012 (probably near Xmass 2012) so whatever graphics edge they will gain will be lost in a years time if not less.

mojoman0, Im guessing it works similar to playon but alot simpler. I doubt they will have a web browser and enable Youtube on it. Maybe if it gets hacked but again im guessing its range wont be that good since the controller is connecting to the base unit.
Old 06-07-11, 02:23 PM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Did you even watch the presentation? Darksiders 2, Batman: Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken, Super Smash Brothers, Ghost Recon Online, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were all announced for the Wii U.
OMG that must mean those titles will be the same available on the other consoles, if not better!!! Ninja Gaiden 3 is a perfect example, they stated the Title but Tecmo announced that its not the same game as the PS3/X360 version, wanna bet its a port that will look worse?

Quote:
As far as how powerful it is, it's more powerful than the 360 or the PS3, that's been reported quite a few times and was backed up this morning from Vigil games:
Again it will depend on how much processing power the second screen will take up. It might be more powerful but it also might have a larger overhead thanks to having to run two separate screens.

Quote:
Personally I think the thing looks awesome. Add 1080p and actual core titles that the other consoles release to the first party titles that made me buy the Wii and you've got a winner.
You meant eh same ****ing games we have been playing for the last 11 years? Yeah I so happy to be playing Zelda, wonder what I will get firs the boomerang or the hookshot?! Oh I can't wait for Mario Kart that they totally ****ed up after introducing the blueshell.

The 3DS portion showed me exactly what Nintendo has become, a company recycling the same IP every ****ing year.

Quote:
Of course, it's going to get the typical Sony/Microsoft fanboy hate for a few years until both of those companies try to rip off it's ideas, yet again.
Sony can't rip off the Wiiu since THEY ALREADY COULD DO THAT. The PSV has that capability and they showed off using a second screen when the PSP was announced... Sony worked on Motion Controllers before the Wii was even announced, They introduced AR before the 3DS, they offered controller-less gaming before Kintec.

Just like Nintendo fan boys to claim originality and think everyone copies them when in reality Nintendo just rushes out products and fixes issues later down the road... WiiMotion Plus anyone? They promised 1:1 motion that they couldn't deliver and then fixed it a few years later...[/quote]
Old 06-07-11, 02:28 PM   #18
mojoman0

http://kotaku.com/5809572/seven-diff...ii-u/gallery/7

it has Internet

this thing has a ton of potential

zelda gameplay

http://kotaku.com/5809555/zelda-game...-this-stunning
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 02:36 PM   #19
|MaguS|

That zelda is NOT gameplay... its a Tech Demo, not playable.
Old 06-07-11, 02:54 PM   #20
mojoman0

well just gives you an idea of how the controller will work while playing the game
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-11, 02:56 PM   #21
Bah!

Quote:
Sony can't rip off the Wiiu since THEY ALREADY COULD DO THAT. The PSV has that capability and they showed off using a second screen when the PSP was announced... Sony worked on Motion Controllers before the Wii was even announced, They introduced AR before the 3DS, they offered controller-less gaming before Kintec.

Just like Nintendo fan boys to claim originality and think everyone copies them when in reality Nintendo just rushes out products and fixes issues later down the road... WiiMotion Plus anyone? They promised 1:1 motion that they couldn't deliver and then fixed it a few years later...
The PSV can't do half of the stuff that the Wii U controller can, and it's ridiculous to even claim it can. So, yes, I have no doubt that both Sony and Microsoft will come up with something to try and ride the coattails of this device. Stick your head in the sand all you want, but Kinect and Move are both around because of the Wii.

And you're right, the developers say the Wii U is more powerful, but you know better than them that ports will look worse on the system.

People call me a Sony fanboy, but you take the cake. And now I'm a Nintendo fanboy?...lol. Hilarious! If this thing had Sony stamped on the side of it you'd have sex with it.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 03:23 PM   #22
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Too much unknown atm, though it must have good hardware if it can run battlefield 3. Controller is weird as hell, but then so was the Wii controller, and it won the last gen, with everyone else trying to copy it 4 years later...
this.

nintendo changed the way we game and what we expect from games with the wii. i will be curious to see if this changes how we game even more. Being able to use all the old controllers is a huge plus.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 03:37 PM   #23
Moo
*BANNNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
this.

nintendo changed the way we game and what we expect from games with the wii. i will be curious to see if this changes how we game even more. Being able to use all the old controllers is a huge plus.
Apple borrowed the touchscreen concept from DS and added motion sensing to idevice games. There are a lot of neat games on the ipad that can also be implemented for the wiiu controller.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 04:54 PM   #24
Ninja Prime

This bodes well for the hardware, IMO: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/i...intendo-wii-u/

For those that don't know, Watson is POWER7 based, IBMs, current top of the line. So it has a POWER7 derivative CPU with "lots of eDRAM" which is also good for high bandwidth. If I had to guess its probably a 3 core POWER7 for ease of porting for 360, but a 3 core POWER7 would be leaps and bounds faster than the 3 core xenon proc.