Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-11, 05:59 PM   #25
|MaguS|

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
The PSV can't do half of the stuff that the Wii U controller can, and it's ridiculous to even claim it can. So, yes, I have no doubt that both Sony and Microsoft will come up with something to try and ride the coattails of this device. Stick your head in the sand all you want, but Kinect and Move are both around because of the Wii.
Yes the PSV can do everything the Wii U Controller can... and technically more thanks to Multitouch display and internal hardware allowing you to game away from the console. The PSP was able to act as a second display for the PS3, why wouldn't the PSV? Heck ever hear of Remote Play for the PSP?

Quote:
And you're right, the developers say the Wii U is more powerful, but you know better than them that ports will look worse on the system.
Yeah because ports on the PS3 always looked better then the X360 counterparts even though we have developers on the record stating that the PS3 was more powerful then the X360...

And again, even if the system is more powerful to achieve the level of graphics the PS3 and X360 put out while mirroring the graphics on two displays it would need to be by a significant margin, not just 50%.

Quote:
People call me a Sony fanboy, but you take the cake. And now I'm a Nintendo fanboy?...lol. Hilarious! If this thing had Sony stamped on the side of it you'd have sex with it.
You just can't see that this console is nothing new and is just piecing together what has already been done. There is NOTHING innovative presented here. They took what has already been done by multiple devices and made a single console from it.

zoomy942, The Wii changed how we game? I still use a controller with dual analogs... I still see Call of Duty on the X360 outselling any waggle game by a large margin... don't think it changed anything other then bringing gaming to the mainstream.
Old 06-07-11, 06:00 PM   #26
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Sony can't rip off the Wiiu since THEY ALREADY COULD DO THAT. The PSV has that capability and they showed off using a second screen when the PSP was announced... Sony worked on Motion Controllers before the Wii was even announced, They introduced AR before the 3DS, they offered controller-less gaming before Kintec.

Just like Nintendo fan boys to claim originality and think everyone copies them when in reality Nintendo just rushes out products and fixes issues later down the road... WiiMotion Plus anyone? They promised 1:1 motion that they couldn't deliver and then fixed it a few years later...
LOL, you really this threatened by this Magus? Afterall, if its a sh!tty product as you seem to already think after five seconds of tech demos, then it will fail, right? No need for your almighty going-on-9-times-hacked sony to get its panties in a bunch, right?

Or... it already looks like a good product, but we'll have to wait and see. I can already see the makings of Wii-like success though, if they play their cards right.

Quote:
Yes the PSV can do everything the Wii U Controller can... and technically more thanks to Multitouch display and internal hardware allowing you to game away from the console. The PSP was able to act as a second display for the PS3, why wouldn't the PSV? Heck ever hear of Remote Play for the PSP?
Of course a $250-300 handheld console with hardware inside can do more than $50-60 controller. The $250 price tag though will insure it never actually gets used as such.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 06:10 PM   #27
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
LOL, you really this threatened by this Magus? Afterall, if its a sh!tty product as you seem to already think after five seconds of tech demos, then it will fail, right? No need for your almighty going-on-9-times-hacked sony to get its panties in a bunch, right?

Or... it already looks like a good product, but we'll have to wait and see. I can already see the makings of Wii-like success though, if they play their cards right.
No threat, rather a headache from people getting all drooling over this when it has been done already. They show off the same ****ing games and everyone acts like the games are flawless. I am tired of doing the same **** every Zelda. Twilight Princess was a perfect example that its getting tired and their formula needs a change.

Honestly, I think Nintendo is on the bottom of the roller coaster this time. They are getting ****y thanks to the instant success of the Wii (yet no staying power) and it shows with the 3DS. They priced it too high thinking everyone would buy it no matter what and its sales show... people wont put up with it.

I think the same will happen here, Nintendo will price it at $299+ and it wont sell. If Sony and MS play smart they will show off their next consoles towards the end of this year and by E3 with a later 2012 launch or mid 2013 launch.
Old 06-07-11, 06:12 PM   #28
|MaguS|

Quote:
Of course a $250-300 handheld console with hardware inside can do more than $50-60 controller. The $250 price tag though will insure it never actually gets used as such.
Thing is that they can sell it and add it to games without the need for it. Make it an addon/spiff for owning both the PS3 and PSV. Treat it like they treat the Move and over time it will grow by just showing cool interactions between the two.

Personally I wont get a PSV till theres a title I want/need to play. I like the promise of being able to own a PS3 and PSV version of the game and being able to play together or share saves between the platform.
Old 06-07-11, 06:55 PM   #29
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
zoomy942, The Wii changed how we game? I still use a controller with dual analogs... I still see Call of Duty on the X360 outselling any waggle game by a large margin... don't think it changed anything other then bringing gaming to the mainstream.
hey there

i dont game on other consoles because using an analog stick doesnt interest me. console after console was just the same control scheme with updated graphics. nothing new in regards to how i accomplish a task. the wii remote, while primitive, are what changes things. I point and shoot in Metroid Prime. I swing the controller to hit a ball in baseball, etc..

on any other console, im just pressing A.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 07:04 PM   #30
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Retarded name and retarded looking controller.
Really? Do people like you ever STFU? It is just a piece of electronics. I'm not a big Nintendo fan but I don't look at every piece of new equipment and menstruate over it. Some how people like you manage to make a object evil.

My worry is my son will want one... I think I'll offer the Vita to him to pre-empt this. I now it will be used a few times then collect dust.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 08:04 PM   #31
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Really? Do people like you ever STFU? It is just a piece of electronics. I'm not a big Nintendo fan but I don't look at every piece of new equipment and menstruate over it. Some how people like you manage to make a object evil.

My worry is my son will want one... I think I'll offer the Vita to him to pre-empt this. I now it will be used a few times then collect dust.
Go play your 3DS and masturbate to Wiener pics...
Old 06-07-11, 08:08 PM   #32
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
hey there

i dont game on other consoles because using an analog stick doesnt interest me. console after console was just the same control scheme with updated graphics. nothing new in regards to how i accomplish a task. the wii remote, while primitive, are what changes things. I point and shoot in Metroid Prime. I swing the controller to hit a ball in baseball, etc..

on any other console, im just pressing A.
The problem with the WiiMotes is that they are so inaccurate that while playing games you shoot it became annoying to target something, or the console constantly loss you. Most games its just a waggle, no precision required. Look at "Just Dance", It's one of the best selling Wii games and you can literally beat people in it by just shaking the controller.

Old 06-07-11, 09:30 PM   #33
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
The integration is great between all the devices, really impressive if that all works as advertised.

Good to see Nintendo is at it again. That stuff makes consoles good. Not the crap MS or Sony try to sell and then end up copying from Nintendo after all.

I don't think the controller will put much load on the main unit. It needs a processing unit anyway to handle the "peripherals" and communication. With so many powerful SoCs around, it can handle even more complex gaming stuff easily.
I'm curious to see how much that controller will cost. A 4 player session might be pretty expensive if everyone needs a controller for a certain game...
Yea I can't see a single person wanting to buy 4 of those controllers, but it looks like Nintendo already has that covered. It might be possible to use your current wii mote with the system, or they might have an updated controller without the screen in it. So you might lose out on some of the cool functions for multiplayer gameplay, but everyone can still play. The nice thing is if another friend has the system they could always just bring over a controller and then both of you could get that experience. I'd have to say they are planning on it given they put a big sync button right on the front of the console unit. One press on there and one press on the back of your controller and you should be in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagNus
You just can't see that this console is nothing new and is just piecing together what has already been done. There is NOTHING innovative presented here. They took what has already been done by multiple devices and made a single console from it.
That's part of the beauty though. No one has done it yet. Why reinvent the wheel when you can take those features that already work and combine them to make an even better product. As it stands right now there is not a single console that can interact like the WiiU can. The PS3 and Vita could do that, but it's a question of whether or not it will. For example, my PS3 can clearly use a keyboard and mouse, yet none of the games support it.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 10:33 PM   #34
Bah!

Quote:

Yeah because ports on the PS3 always looked better then the X360 counterparts even though we have developers on the record stating that the PS3 was more powerful then the X360...

And again, even if the system is more powerful to achieve the level of graphics the PS3 and X360 put out while mirroring the graphics on two displays it would need to be by a significant margin, not just 50%.

All of this is so wrong I don't even know where to start:

1) The Vita is a completely separate device, and Remote Play isn't even remotely similar to what was displayed with the Wii U controller. You are talking about the difference between an integrated device and two complete separate pieces of hardware working together. Please show me ANY example of the PSP or Vita doing anything but working as a remote or cloning the screen with the PS3. Besides, what moron is going to pay $250-300 dollars to use their Vita as a PS3 controller? And what developers, outside of Sony, would even bother supporting such a setup? It's a pipe dream, and a lame attempt to try and steal Nintendo's thunder.

2) PS3 multi-platform games looked worse because the console is a bitch to code for. If the PS3 were as easy to code for as the 360 this wouldn't be the case. Basically you are using a completely different issue to defend your position.

3) Nonsense. First off the Wii U controller won't "mirror" anything in most games. It will show completely separate information than what is on the big screen, or it shows exactly what is on the screen when the screen is turned off. The thing could be exactly the same power as the PS3 or 360 and pull this off with no problem. All it does is take things that could be rendered on the main screen and puts them on the little screen. Take the Zelda demo for example, the inventory, which would normally be displayed on the tv is being displayed on the controller...same coding, same overhead, just output to a different device. The games that do get mirrored are games like Super Mario Brothers, which could be rendered 5 times over with PS3/360 quality hardware with no problems whatsoever.

First it's "they didn't announce a single game" then it's "it's less powerful than a 360" and "the screen is low quality", which btw has also been proven false from multiple people who have hands-on experience with the device. When those are shot down you come up with new nonsense, and I'm sure you'll puke up a few new arguements based on this post.

I don't even know why I bothered, the minute you called me a Nintendo fanboy I knew there was no point having a discussion with you about this because you're not a sane person. Basically, your entire presence in this thread is garbage, your arguments keep shifting to suit your agenda and it's failing miserably.

Enjoy the rest of the thread. Can't wait to see you in 3 years when you pimping the same stuff with a Sony label printed on it! Ya know, after they copy Nintendo...again!

Quote:
Of course he's threatened. He probably threw the same type of tantrum and called the Wii a failure when it came out as well. This thing is going to sell like crazy and he can't stand it because it doesn't have Sony written on the box. Unfortunately for him, this is just the beginning and he'll be hearing about the Wii U for many years to come.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 10:39 PM   #35
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

IMO, it comes down to the games, not the hardware or experience. You can bring the new Wii home, hook it up and get ready to play, but then you'll realize that there are no quality games to play. Oh darn.

Don't get me wrong. I own a Wii and I think games like Wii Resort are a blast with people there in person. But what happens when I want to play a single player game? Not very many games I've played on the Wii aren't that great by yourself. Or a blockbuster game like Call of Duty or Battlefield? If you are lucky, you will get a stripped down crappy version that isn't worth $1. What about MP? When NBA Jam came out for the Wii, I was super stoked . . . but then I heard about how they cut MP out of the Wii version.

I just think that if the software/games aren't there, you are just wasting your time and money. Give me the platform where there are some good games or else playing it is just pointless.

I kinda regret buying a Wii TBH, but the times my friends and I have felt like playing it, it's been fun. But that's not to say that I could've borrowed my neighbors Wii console for the night. Ya know?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 10:46 PM   #36
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Go play your 3DS and masturbate to Wiener pics...
I did lolz

Dude that 3ds did suck bawls. It made me sick just looking at it for a couple of minutes.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote