Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-11, 11:24 PM   #37
Bah!

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
IMO, it comes down to the games,
I agree completely. I bought my Wii for two reasons: first party titles, and those casual party games to play with large groups of people. Other than that, you're right, there isn't anything worth playing on the system.

That's also where I think this system will differ. There are already more AAA type core games announced right now for the U than are available on the Wii in total. The entire reason the Wii lost core developers was due to a low powered, low resolution system, and that's not the case here. Any game that can be run on the PS3/360 can be run on this system, possibly even better, and there is really no reason why that won't happen.

Also when you consider the fact that we won't be seeing new consoles from either Sony or Microsoft until, most likely, 2014, the U will have quite a head start, which will help it out quite a bit...just ask Microsoft.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 12:17 AM   #38
|MaguS|

http://kotaku.com/5809744/nintendo-u...ii-u-demo-reel

Quote:
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has told GameTrailers that the footage—of games like Ghost Recon and Darksiders II—was instead culled from the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the games.
Old 06-08-11, 12:24 AM   #39
|MaguS|

More great news from the world of Nintendo!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ld-separately/

Quote:
We asked a company spokesperson at the firm's VIP stand at E3 2011 in Los Angeles today about the price of each item. He told us that there would only be one bundled RRP, adding: "Both the controller and the console will be sold as one unit. You won't be able to buy the controller alone."
Old 06-08-11, 01:05 AM   #40
mojoman0

So when you step on your screen and it cracks you have to buy a new console? Um no
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 01:11 AM   #41
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
So when you step on your screen and it cracks you have to buy a new console? Um no
But Nintendo says yes.
Old 06-08-11, 01:15 AM   #42
mojoman0

A company spokesperson did a year before release, that doesn't mean anything
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 03:48 AM   #43
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So?

This has been happening for years. Did you honestly think that these games were finished about playable at this point? They were showing what games were coming to the system, where the footage came from is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
More great news from the world of Nintendo!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ld-separately/
And they conveniently left off the last two words...to start. The controllers will be sold separately, just not at launch. And considering the release date is a year away that could change as well.

Keep on trucking with your Nintendo hate train, though, it's funny and makes you look desperately pathetic.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:28 AM   #44
Moo
*BANNNED*

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-11, 10:04 AM   #45
Moo
*BANNNED*

Apple doing something similar also. Need an Apple TV base, go figure.

Quote:
While they werenít technically the first to do it, Firemintís Real Racing 2 HD [$9.99] was the first game to officially support full screen 1080p TV-Out on the iPad 2. After the iPad 2 dropped, it was discovered that a few other games also supported this already, but more of by chance and not necessarily as a specified feature. Now Real Racing 2 HD is making sure its the first game to announce support for one of the new features revealed for iOS 5 at Mondayís keynote.

When iOS 5 is released sometime this Fall, Real Racing 2 HD will support fully wireless TV-Out via the iPad 2 and AirPlay Mirroring with an Apple TV. Essentially, it will perform the same function as the TV-Out feature did using an HDMI cable plugged directly into your TV but completely wirelessly, though it wonít be displayed in full 1080p. It will still run in full screen, but the maximum resolution AirPlay Mirroring can output is 720p. However, that is a very small price to pay to be able to play Real Racing 2 HD on a TV using the iPad 2 as a controller and having it be completely wireless.
http://toucharcade.com/2011/06/08/re...lay-mirroring/
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 10:53 AM   #46
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

It doesn't seem very far fetched to think with a couple firmware updates for the ps3 and the vita it could well do exactly the same thing the wiiu is supposed to do.
Sony has added many features via software update to both ps3 and psp in the past.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:38 AM   #47
Zelda_fan

I pretty much came in my pants after seeing that Zelda HD footage.

Magus, once again, get off Sony's dick. This will be a huge success just like the Wii, and will probably sell double to what ever Sony's next gen console is.

Read the book "purple cow." Nobody wants the same bull**** done over and over again at better graphics (what sony and MS is doing). They want something different.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:52 AM   #48
CaptnStubing

I don't get the fanboy crap you girls masturbate to. Each company has their market they are focusing on. You don't like it, don't buy it but what is with the idiotic, moronic, pathetic crying and erection comparing? This is why I say gamers in general are the most pathetic group in the world. They are never happy and feel the need to piss all over everything to stake out their territory. In the end we have crybaby fanboys with NO talent of their own to make any of the gear or games they use and play crying the loudest. I like Magus, he's a good guy but his type of attitude in this industry is what I hate the most.

I think the PSVita is a fantastic looking system. I might pick one up for me and my son. A few years ago my son would have been all over the Wii U thing. Now he is in a different market than Nintendo is going for. I just like looking at all the new stuff. It doesn't matter if I will buy it or not. It all advances our hobby in one way or another.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote