Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-27-11, 09:46 PM   #37
Bowen

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
One thing I do want to upgrade is my storage, I want to get a solid state drive. I have a mate who has one and even though his PC is lower spec'd than mine it feels snappier!! I was amazed at how quick it made his system. I am wanting a 240gb SSD but I can only afford a 120gb model, so I am waiting for the prices of the 240gb SSD's to drop in price. Oh tax time, yeah in NZ the tax system is slighty different and well I never get money back if I do its not much. Maybe you could throw a system on your credit card? thats what i did and paid the card back before the interest kicked in.
Yeah, an SSD would definitely speed up load times, but if you need to save money, it'd be fine without it. The gameplay would be exactly the same as a normal HD.....just saying. That said, if I had the money, I'd buy an SSD too! Someday, but not today.

I'd love to put one on a CC, but I screwed up with credit cards! My wife won't allow up to have any CC, save a debit Visa card. I'll have to do things the old fashioned way....sigh. SOK, now days I keep a system 4 or 5 years and every two years or so I upgrade the video card....keeps it fresh. Back when we had more money, I'd upgrade every year, but honestly, I'm glad I don't do that anymore. I'd never see any difference in performance from one upgrade to the next.....now I'll see a difference......makes the upgrade that much more sweeter!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:51 PM   #38
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

where does one preorder the limited edition? it's gonna be on steam?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:52 PM   #39
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
I read somewhere that is when it is to be released. Sure the date could slip but I say it's gonna be this year. Even in the Faultline trailer, it says Fall 2011.
Most brick and mortar stores have the release dates set at 2012, most online retailer release dates can be taken as a grain of salt. Until I see it on a EA|Dice site, not buying that its coming out in November which is only 6 months away.
This isn't an expansion pack, pre-alpha to retail game in 6 months. HIGHLY doubtful. This is a major release for the company and their marketing team is smart by starting now rather than later.
Old 04-28-11, 02:59 AM   #40
Pennyboy

Quote:
Yeah, an SSD would definitely speed up load times, but if you need to save money, it'd be fine without it. The gameplay would be exactly the same as a normal HD.....just saying. That said, if I had the money, I'd buy an SSD too! Someday, but not today.

I'd love to put one on a CC, but I screwed up with credit cards! My wife won't allow up to have any CC, save a debit Visa card. I'll have to do things the old fashioned way....sigh. SOK, now days I keep a system 4 or 5 years and every two years or so I upgrade the video card....keeps it fresh. Back when we had more money, I'd upgrade every year, but honestly, I'm glad I don't do that anymore. I'd never see any difference in performance from one upgrade to the next.....now I'll see a difference......makes the upgrade that much more sweeter!
Thats true, its just load times but its awesome having a system that starts so quickly and load apps super fast etc but yeah I am not going to pay $900 odd for a 240gb drive. I am happy to wait a year or two and hope by then they drop in price. Bummer about not having the credit card option but I understand, Credit cards are not for everyone. I can see how people get themselves into trouble with them (not implying you did BTW). Yeah I am the same as you I upgrade every few years now, I can't afford to do it every year. I was running an E8400, 680i, GTX 280 based system before I upgraded to my 2600k with 580GTX.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 06:10 AM   #41
Bowen

Quote:
Thats true, its just load times but its awesome having a system that starts so quickly and load apps super fast etc but yeah I am not going to pay $900 odd for a 240gb drive. I am happy to wait a year or two and hope by then they drop in price. Bummer about not having the credit card option but I understand, Credit cards are not for everyone. I can see how people get themselves into trouble with them (not implying you did BTW). Yeah I am the same as you I upgrade every few years now, I can't afford to do it every year. I was running an E8400, 680i, GTX 280 based system before I upgraded to my 2600k with 580GTX.
Well your rig is certainly fast enough to play BF 3 easily. I don't care what anyone says. If it will play the 'pre-alpha' version just fine, like in Faultline, then it's gonna play the final version just fine. Not only that but it should run it even better in the final version! That's a good upgrade coming from what you had. It's similar to what I have now to what I'll be upgrading too. I'm allowed a $1,000 budget. I find I can upgrade to pretty much what I want to with that. The only I'd like to get that I can't is a GTX 680. I'll have to settle for the 670, but that's OK....it will be more than enough for BF3 or any other game for that matter!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Old 04-29-11, 06:08 PM   #42
Pennyboy

Quote:
Well your rig is certainly fast enough to play BF 3 easily. I don't care what anyone says. If it will play the 'pre-alpha' version just fine, like in Faultline, then it's gonna play the final version just fine. Not only that but it should run it even better in the final version! That's a good upgrade coming from what you had. It's similar to what I have now to what I'll be upgrading too. I'm allowed a $1,000 budget. I find I can upgrade to pretty much what I want to with that. The only I'd like to get that I can't is a GTX 680. I'll have to settle for the 670, but that's OK....it will be more than enough for BF3 or any other game for that matter!
Yeah i'm sure it will run great on my PC but if not I am def prepared to purchase another 580GTX or if the 680GTX is out then I will shoot for that. One thing I noticed when watching the 12min video was it micro stuttered or micro paused at certain points throughout the video, I hope that get that sorted before the game is released. Also one thing I am also worried about is the bugs, geez BF2 had some nasty ones and I remember one patch totatlly broke the game would kick everyone off and it was totally unplayable (v1.2) I think was the patch. Also BF BC2 wasn't plain sailing either from the get go
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 06:40 PM   #43
Sean_W

Quote:
Yeah i'm sure it will run great on my PC but if not I am def prepared to purchase another 580GTX or if the 680GTX is out then I will shoot for that. One thing I noticed when watching the 12min video was it micro stuttered or micro paused at certain points throughout the video, I hope that get that sorted before the game is released. Also one thing I am also worried about is the bugs, geez BF2 had some nasty ones and I remember one patch totatlly broke the game would kick everyone off and it was totally unplayable (v1.2) I think was the patch. Also BF BC2 wasn't plain sailing either from the get go
Pre-alpha dude, don't go all doomsday yet.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 07:12 AM   #44
Bowen

Quote:
Yeah, don't worry about it. They'll probably have that fixed by the time it goes into beta. Yeah, that's one thing about EA and Battlefield games....they usually have their fair share of bugs. The bug that pissed me off the most was the one (can't remember the version number) in BFBC2. I think it was the patch before the one we have now. Anyway, it would make the game nearly unplayable with lag. I mean it was like you were playing with something barely faster than dial-up! I don't know what they did and when they fixed it. It was like that at least for 2 to 3 weeks. I quit playing it was so bad. So, when they did fix it, there was one thing that still remains today....the latency. Before the bad patch, I'd have a latency of around 30 or 40 and now it's like 150 to 200?! It doesn't seem to matter as it's smooth again but something weird happened that I never learned what it was

Aside from the bugs, I also hope the game is balanced correctly. I loved BF2, but I hated two things.....mortor strikes and jets! The jets were spammed like crazy and you respawn and be alive for 10 seconds maybe and be killed again from either morter strikes or jets......especially jets! BF2142 fixed the balancing issue and I now many people didn't like it. I think 2142 played better than BF2 because of that but I like BF2 slightly better.

I think BFBC2 is perfectly balanced and I hope BF3 played similar to that. I also think the expansion Vietnam pack for BFBC2 plays better than BC2. I don't know what it is....maybe it's the close quarters but I like how Vietnam plays more than BC2. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like their is less kickback on the guns vs BC2. That's especially ironic because of the lack of scoped weapons (save sniper rifles). Anyway, I just hope BF3 is bug free and balanced out of the box. I think it will be balanced this time.....just have to worry about the bugs.

Old 06-08-11, 04:48 AM   #45
Bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
The game is far from finished, and its not coming in november buddy.

to add, its pre-alpha working out bugs during pre-alpha? no sir. pass the dutchie please.

let me also add, bf3 coming in november is about as true as the statement in my sig.
You're right....it's not coming in November....it's coming out October 25th...OFFICIAL DATE buddy! You can check the official site in case you still think it's a year away.
Old 06-08-11, 06:00 AM   #46
K007

they showed some video on usteam today with people playing multiplayer...the framerate looked like 60+fps...even in heavy action seen it looked super smooth...not sure what specs they were running tho...but it looks pretty awesome.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:43 AM   #47
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
they showed some video on usteam today with people playing multiplayer...the framerate looked like 60+fps...even in heavy action seen it looked super smooth...not sure what specs they were running tho...but it looks pretty awesome.
Hopefully it means the game is properly optimized as well.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 12:07 PM   #48
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
There were some areas I saw under 30 fps.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote